Hail *me* the mighty huntress

Old January 2nd 04, 09:47 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

What, exactly, does a shrew look like? Every time I hear the word I think
of Shakespeare's 'Taming of...' and while I know that refers to a rather
unhappy wife, apparently this isn't a critter you wanted to tame

Jill

Here you go

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/mammal/cshrew.htm

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old January 2nd 04, 09:48 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

sort of like a mole.
Christine

No, quite different. A shrew is much smaller, has a longer tail and doesn't
have the strong, large front digging legs & feet a mole has.

See

Old January 2nd 04, 07:25 PM
Hopitus2

That thing sure looks like a deformed rat to me. I don't think they live
around here (whew).
But RED TEETH? C'mon, now.......did the one you killed have red teeth?
Sounds like a LOTR critter, computer-generated-or-enhanced.

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
: What, exactly, does a shrew look like? Every time I hear the word I
think
: of Shakespeare's 'Taming of...' and while I know that refers to a rather
: unhappy wife, apparently this isn't a critter you wanted to tame
:
: Jill
:
: Here you go
:
: http://www.abdn.ac.uk/mammal/cshrew.htm
:
: Cheers, helen s
:
:
: --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam--

Old January 2nd 04, 08:02 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

deformed rat to me. I don't think they live
around here (whew).
But RED TEETH? C'mon, now.......did the one you killed have red teeth?
Sounds like a LOTR critter, computer-generated-or-enhanced.

I didn't kill it! I set it free - dark orange teeth.

Old January 2nd 04, 09:35 PM
Jette Goldie

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
Waffles must be so proud! Please provide details of how you accomplished
this great feat.
Annie

Well.. I got down on all fours and I kept my head level, still and had

eyes
fixed on my prey...I mean shrew I was about to rescue. Keeping my head
aboslutely still, I wiggled me bum a bit to make sure I was ready and then

pounced to pick up a shocked shrew by the tail :-)

Sounds like the only way to do it correctly ;-)

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Old January 2nd 04, 10:32 PM
polonca12000

What an interesting link! Thanks, Helen.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old January 3rd 04, 03:40 AM
Marina

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote

But RED TEETH? C'mon, now.......did the one you killed have red teeth?
Sounds like a LOTR critter, computer-generated-or-enhanced.

I didn't kill it! I set it free - dark orange teeth.

I've never noticed the colour of a shrew's teeth, though Nikki sometimes
brings them in when there are no voles around to hunt on the island. She
never eats them, of course - no self-respecting cat eats shrews. Apparently,
they don't taste very good. Yet she always kills them, the poor little
things.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old January 3rd 04, 05:55 AM
Julie Cook

Hobbes, Selena and Lacey are so very impressed that I know a hooman who
knows the proper way to hunt. They have decided that all is not lost
with our species and that perhaps we can all be trained as proper
cat-hoomans with enough time and effort.

They say to congratulate Waffles for her expert instruction.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena and Lacey

Old January 3rd 04, 05:56 AM
Julie Cook

Purrs on the way that this poor doggy can be reunited with its hoomans
very soon.
Julie, Hobbes, Selena and Lacey

Old January 3rd 04, 11:07 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Hobbes, Selena and Lacey are so very impressed that I know a hooman who
knows the proper way to hunt. They have decided that all is not lost
with our species and that perhaps we can all be trained as proper
cat-hoomans with enough time and effort.

Please thank them for their kind purrs, and give them some earscritches from
me, thanks :-)

They say to congratulate Waffles for her expert instruction.

Will do :-)