Please Help- Need Advice or Suggestions!!!!

Old August 5th 05, 01:52 PM
cuteness

Default Please Help- Need Advice or Suggestions!!!!

My cat suddenly started going to the bathroom all over my house. At first I
though it was because I wasn't home as often and she was trying to tell me
that she missed me, but even when I am home she does it. Not just pee
either. I'm at a loss, I don't know what to do. I don't want to get rid of
her but I don't want my house to smell like one giant litter box either.
I've checked her litter box and it's clean. She's two years old and has
always had the same kind of litter, same kind of food etc.... She knows
she's done something wrong because the minute I start to clean it up she'll
look at me, hiss and runaway and hide. I've tried keeping her in the room
with her litter box and leaving her in there but she'll just go in there
instead. I don't know what to do can anybody help me!!!!

Old August 5th 05, 03:04 PM

cuteness wrote:
My cat suddenly started going to the bathroom all over my house. At first I
though it was because I wasn't home as often and she was trying to tell me
that she missed me, but even when I am home she does it. Not just pee
either. I'm at a loss, I don't know what to do. I don't want to get rid of
her but I don't want my house to smell like one giant litter box either.
I've checked her litter box and it's clean. She's two years old and has
always had the same kind of litter, same kind of food etc.... She knows
she's done something wrong because the minute I start to clean it up she'll
look at me, hiss and runaway and hide. I've tried keeping her in the room
with her litter box and leaving her in there but she'll just go in there
instead. I don't know what to do can anybody help me!!!!

Peeing outside the box is a classic symptom and a strong indication
that your kitty has a urinary tract problem. The reason cats do this is
because it's painful to urinate, and they start associating the pain
with the box, and avoiding the box. She needs to see a vet.
When I've had a cat do this, it has always been a urinary tract
infection. The only exception was a rescue cat I had who had gone into
heat, and she was really marking territory, not routinely urinating. Is
your cat spayed?

Sherry

Old August 5th 05, 04:34 PM
cuteness

"cuteness" wrote in message
.. .
My cat suddenly started going to the bathroom all over my house. At first
I though it was because I wasn't home as often and she was trying to tell
me that she missed me, but even when I am home she does it. Not just pee
it's bowel movements as well. She's spayed.

Old August 6th 05, 11:30 AM
Barb

Don't you have a vet? Most likely, as the other posters said, your cat has
a urinary tract infection. I'd like to add, this is most uncomfortable for
her and is usually easy to clear up with some pills.

Please call your vet.

Good luck,
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,