YIKES!!!!! Not Your Ususal Monday Morning Before Work

Old October 28th 04, 02:51 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:09:19 GMT, O J wrote:

snip
Just a note, you might want to consider getting a small box of .22
shot shells and keeping one in the first chamber.

Reminds me of a discussion years ago during a range safety class. The
captain giving the class asked how many of us had loaded guns at home.
I raised my hand, and when asked said what Dad always told me as a
kid, "the only unloaded gun is one you, personally, just unloaded and
cleared. Most accidently shootings happen when someone is handling an
"empty" gun." The Captain didn't really say anything during the class,
but afterwards approached me and told me my Dad was correct, and that
he would start including that in future classes.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old October 28th 04, 08:46 AM
bonbon

Thanks to all who responded, telling me I did the right thing. I
don't feel so guilty now. I feel bad about the whole thing happening
in the first place, but you know, I guess sometimes it can be good
when life gives us a reality check. I think about, 'what if the snake
had found the front walk way of the vacant house next door instead of
mine? Chances are Big'Ead would have discovered it over there while I
was at work, and I hate to think of what would have resulted from
that. Looking at it from that angle, you could even say we were lucky
the snake chose our front walk.

This whole snake shooting thing is certainly NOT the way I wanted to
introduce ourselves into our new neighborhood though (sigh). I've
only met one family so far.

I'm anxious for the weekend to get here, so I can go inform the rest
of the families on the cul-de-sac to be on the look out, and suggest
maybe they give their kids a crash or brush up course in identifying
snakes

Old October 28th 04, 08:58 AM
bonbon

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:09:19 GMT, O J wrote:

Just a note, you might want to consider getting a small box of .22
shot shells and keeping one in the first chamber.

Is that the same as what they call bird shot? If it is, I do have
some, just not sure where. I rummaged around in my dresser drawers
for a few seconds looking for them, but to no avail, And knowing 'Ead
was out there with that sucker, instead I just flipped open the
cylinder to see how many rounds were in it (9 Stingers) and headed for
the door. Cussing.

If I'd been thinking clearly, I could have shoved 'Ead inside the
truck, and then maybe could have gotten a bit more creative in ways to
make the snake go away, but you know........woulda, shoulda, coulda,
oughta......

-bonbon

Old October 28th 04, 10:38 PM

bonbon wrote:

This whole snake shooting thing is certainly NOT the way I wanted to
introduce ourselves into our new neighborhood though (sigh). I've
only met one family so far.

LOL!! I don't mean to make light of the incident, but this does create
an amusing image in my mind, from your new neighbors' point of view.

I'm anxious for the weekend to get here, so I can go inform the rest
of the families on the cul-de-sac to be on the look out, and suggest
maybe they give their kids a crash or brush up course in identifying
snakes

Great idea!

Joyce