Boyfie has ESP

Old March 27th 09, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie has ESP

Kitty did not eat well yesterday but I managed to find a "chicken & ham" cat
food in a foil tray for her today. I gave her half of it at 5 pm and she
loved it.
I wanted to give her the rest of it just now.
Boyfriend so covets her yummy food - I'm sure he doesn't think it's fair she
gets it and he doesn't.
Anyway - he was fast asleep on his donut bed on an armchair so I broke out
the rest of the chicken/ham for KFC. Boyfie woke up within 30 seconds.
He knows he is not allowed to shove KFC off her food, if he does I put him
out of the room. So there was I, three feet away in my own armchair looking
at him looking at KFC eating her chicken & ham.
He meatloafed at first and just looked on with envy. Then he put his chin
down on the edge of his donut bed and sighed..
He knew I'd noticed his intention ;-)

Tweed

Old March 28th 09, 02:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

I'd have given him a small portion. MLB

Old March 28th 09, 03:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Willow and O T like Sadie's canned food. Each morning when I open a can the
two cats jump on the step stool and wait for me to puts a cubs of meat with
the gravy on it down for them. Piglet just looks at them like they are
nuts.

Old March 28th 09, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

Kitty did not eat well yesterday but I managed to find a "chicken & ham" cat
food in a foil tray for her today. I gave her half of it at 5 pm and she
loved it.
I wanted to give her the rest of it just now.
Boyfriend so covets her yummy food - I'm sure he doesn't think it's fair she
gets it and he doesn't.
Anyway - he was fast asleep on his donut bed on an armchair so I broke out
the rest of the chicken/ham for KFC. Boyfie woke up within 30 seconds.
He knows he is not allowed to shove KFC off her food, if he does I put him
out of the room. So there was I, three feet away in my own armchair looking
at him looking at KFC eating her chicken & ham.
He meatloafed at first and just looked on with envy. Then he put his chin
down on the edge of his donut bed and sighed..
He knew I'd noticed his intention ;-)

Poor Boyfie! Unfortunately, you can't make him understand that the *reason*
KFC gets all that yummy food is not to be envied.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old March 28th 09, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MLB" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

I chose not to do this for several reasons. 1. He had recently had a full
supper. 2. I don't want him to learn that he can demand something if KFC
has it. 3. He is plenty fluffy enough, he's been a bit ofa couch potato
over the winter. 4. He is greedy.

It's not easy to have a cat that needs yummy food though illness and has to
be fed when and if she feels likes it, alongside a perfectly healthy one who
could eat for the Olympics given the chance.
I have taught Boyfie (very kindly) that he must not interfere with Kitty
while she is eating by removing him from the room if he did. It did not
take him long to learn it - but that's when I'm in the room too of course!
Hence his sigh. I'm sure if I went upstairs he'd be up and at her food in
an instant.

He does get nice treaty foods though. The ones that KFC says she likes for
a day or two and then rejects. He gets to mop them up at his next mealtime.
Like the expensive tiny tin of pate cat food that KFC took one mouthful of
on Thursday and said "did I ever say I liked this?" yes you did "well, I
don't any more."
Boyfie thought it was rather fine.
I do have to be careful with Boyfie, though. He is healthy and has a more
than fine appetite, but if he gets fancy type food too often that's all he
wants.
We all would like to dine on fine food all the time, I suppose. But if we
did we would never have a meal to look forward to as a treat. That would be
a sad state of affairs, don't you think?

Tweed

Old March 28th 09, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Exactly. Bless his heart, he's very good about it *while I am watching him*
Hence his sigh. I never heard a cat sigh before.
Boyfie could never be allowed to free feed. He would be enormously obese,
he loves his food so much.
Fortunately his meowmie has a handle on this. He could lose a couple of
pounds he's gained over the winter though sleeping on the spare bed when
it's raining/snowing/frosty/cold.
As the better weather comes he will be out most of the day patrolling his
property and pretending to catch rats around the chicken huts. He will
catch some young ones and bring them to me. The big ones he will leave for
the terriers to catch. I don't blame him, their orange teeth are like
razors, they even give the terriers a run for their money.
I watched Boyfie once in the garden. He was sitting around and a large rat
came past. He spotted it and immediately decided he needed to wash himself
;-)
I have had to give first aid to the terriers when they miss the first time
and those orange teeth sink into their tender noses. It rarely happens
again.

I think it might be time I invited the terriers once more. As I went down
to shut up Francis Drake at dusk a rat ran over my foot. Rats are a
continual problem for those who keep poultry (and pigs, apparently)

Tweed

Old March 28th 09, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Christina Websell wrote:
"MLB" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

I could use some of your discipline on feeding TuTu. She will sit and stare

at me while I eat even though she has just had her dinner. She thinks
what I am eating must be wonderful. She is the only cat I've had do
this. Boyfriend is a first class gentleman. MLB

Old March 29th 09, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MLB" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"MLB" wrote in message

I could use some of your discipline on feeding TuTu. She will sit and
stare

at me while I eat even though she has just had her dinner. She thinks
what I am eating must be wonderful. She is the only cat I've had do this.

Well, let her sit and stare and ignore her. I would.
There seems to be some idea here that cats can do anything they want to.
They can if you let them.

Boyfriend is a first class gentleman. MLB