Remaining Babies (Babes in Training)

Old August 1st 05, 11:21 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default Remaining Babies (Babes in Training)

Hello all, the Babes-In-Training (BITs or bitties) have had a time
readjusting to life less two of their number.

As you know, I posted a whimper thread about "losing" Norton and
Trixie. They (Norton and Trixie) have adapted well to being the only
kits. Trixie is getting fat (my little girl who ate so little is a
chub monster now), Norton has taught the d-thing who is boss (the
d-thing is a German Shepherd/Blue Healer mix). It has taken some time,
but it appears that their litter-mates have adapted to life without
them.

Li'l Bit (the mom) has finally stopped looking for her missing kits. I
could not be happier. She used to wander around the house and cry in
that mournful almost yelping way. Looking under chairs and the sofa,
checking behind things. It was so hard to watch.

Bear, my black BIT, had always been standoffish. He would let you pet
him, but don't try to pick him up. He did not like to be close to any
part of the body, with the exception of the hand that was petting him.
NOW Bear likes to lie next to my leg, while I'm sitting in a chair, so
I can pet from his ears to the end of his tail. When I stop, he looks
up at me, as though to say... "Hey, I'm still sitting here, what's
with stopping?"

Marley, my most Siamese looking BIT, has always been a cuddle bug. NOW
Marley wants to sit on your shoulder, while typing. He loves to watch
the cursor move across the screen. He will nuzzle my neck (I wear my
hair in a pony tail) if he thinks I've got a minute to reach up and
scritch his ears.

Smeagol, my tough boy BIT, kind of mix between Bear and Marley,
attitude-wise. NOW Smeagol is becoming Smeagol-Gollum. Smeagol is his
sweet, lovey, cuddley, upside-downey head side. Gollum is the beast.
He climbs the drapes (hey they're floor to ceiling, so that's fun), he
climbs the blinds (takes more skill than drapes do), he climbs the
meowmies clothes! What fun! Oh, by-the-way, he's starving... ALL THE
FREAKIN' TIME!

Seal, the little girl who looks a bit like Smeagol/Gollum, but she's
nicer all 'round. NOW Seal has become the love bug. Between Paw and
Meowmie, she gets loads more lovin' than any other one. She knows how
to work the cute little face. She also knows that we (Paw and I) have
a hard time saying "no" when she looks up with that delicate little
face, and those sweet blue eyes.

Eventually, I will get the new photos up, and show ya how well the bits
are doing. Life is pretty good. Seems we may have someone who wants
Bear (they want a solid black cat, and that he is, but he's got
stripes, he's black, with blacker stripes, it's wild). Not sure how
I'll handle it, if he goes, but I will maintain as well as I can.

Cheers all,

Smokie Darling (Annie) off to have a forbidden beer snicker

Old August 1st 05, 11:49 PM
Jen M. via CatKB.com

Wow, sounds like a fabulous group and adventure for all of you! I am glad
that things are working well and that they are safe and nurtured for their
personalities to blossom.

Much love to you and your family.

Sincerely,
Jen, Spot, Girly, and George