Kate and Jack have discovered curtains

Old December 10th 05, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Kate and Jack have discovered curtains

I knew it had to happen eventually, of course.

They are two hoolikittens always in search of trouble.

They've discovered wires (had to cover them), my giant stuffed camel's
ear (tore it off), newspapers (tore them apart and played with them),
my legs (OUCH! STOP THAT!), and just about everything else in here
within reach.

But the other day, they discovered something amazing -- a window!
With curtains! They have been climbing, jumping, looking, all while
destroying my aloes (which are underneath said window). Sigh.
Hoolikittens, indeed.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old December 10th 05, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat 10 Dec 2005 01:15:20p, wrote in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

I knew it had to happen eventually, of course.

They are two hoolikittens always in search of trouble.

They've discovered wires (had to cover them), my giant stuffed
camel's ear (tore it off), newspapers (tore them apart and
played with them), my legs (OUCH! STOP THAT!), and just about
everything else in here within reach.

But the other day, they discovered something amazing -- a
window! With curtains! They have been climbing, jumping,
looking, all while destroying my aloes (which are underneath
said window). Sigh. Hoolikittens, indeed.

And it's so much more fun with two! If you ever noticed early pics
of Rhett and Scarlett in front of any windows, you'd have noticed
the curtains tied up high where they couldn't reach them. They
gave up that bit of fun soon after discovering them, but I imagine
it depends on what kind of curtains you have. The worst I
experienced with the windows was the first time I tried to open
them on a nice spring day last year and Rhett tried to climb
between the screen and the double-hung window and nearly got stuck.
That was the last time my windows were open until this fall when I
found these adjustable venting insets that block off most of the
window sill when the windows are open, and well, he's just too big
to even fit between the window and the screen anymore!

They've never outgrown shredding newspaper and mail, and probably
won't - makes too much fun noise! Have fun with them, and glad you
decided to keep them!

--
Cheryl
With Rhett and Scarlett, 1yo barely-former hoolikittens, and
Old December 10th 05, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Not curtains, but Lily has discovered the venetian blinds in the bathroom.
The clothes hamper is right under this window so she climbs up there and
starts to rattle the blinds. At 2 o'clock in the morning. Hoolikittie,
indeed.
Lily'a mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old December 11th 05, 02:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Irulan wrote:

Not curtains, but Lily has discovered the venetian blinds in the bathroom.
The clothes hamper is right under this window so she climbs up there and
starts to rattle the blinds. At 2 o'clock in the morning. Hoolikittie,
indeed.

I have a cabinet under one of my livingroom windows, and all the cats
like to sit on it and look out the window. But at night, after I close
the blinds, Smudge is very fond of getting on it and sticking her head
between the blinds (these are horizontal blinds) so she can still see
out the window. I think of her as the neighborhood busy-body, peering
out through the blinds to check up on everyone's business.

This looks funny from the inside, seeing the rear end of a cat body
protruding from window blinds. But it's even funnier to see it from
the outside. One time I came home while it was still light out, but I
had the blinds closed for some reason. From the street, I looked up
at the window, and saw the window mostly covered with blinds, but with
a cat head emerging through them. Wish I'd gotten a picture of that!

Here's a picture of it from inside:
http://home.sonic.net/~jwermont/cats...s/busybody.jpg

Joyce

Old December 12th 05, 10:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Irulan wrote:

How is Smudge doing? Better, we hope?

Oh, thanks for asking! She's curled up in my arms this very minute,
in fact, purring and then drifting off to sleep, then purring some
more.

She's all healed, physically. I think the emotional aftereffects are
still there, though. She's more subdued, and doesn't demand things she
wants the way she used to. On one hand, that's easier for me. Her
insistent meows used to go on forever, until either she gave up, or
*I* gave up and gave in! Used to drive me nuts. And she doesn't seem
to have much interest in going outdoors at this point, which is great.
I'd just as soon keep her inside. I only let her out before because
she couldn't stand to be kept in all the time.

But her personality change worries me a bit. Is she depressed? Did
the attack frighten her so much that she lost all kitty sense of
adventure? She is eating, grooming, and using the litterbox, and her
weight is fine. So I don't think there's anything physically wrong
with her. I just think it's going to be a while before she feels safe
and confident again - if she ever does! I'm sure almost being killed
was quite traumatic to her psyche.

She is just as cuddly as before, though, so we have more "quality
time" together, which is sweet.

Joyce
Old December 13th 05, 04:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:
Irulan wrote:

[...]

Poor Smudge. We're purring that she forgets her terrible adventure soon.
I'm sure it helps her a lot to cuddle with you and have you reassure her
that nothing bad is going to happen to her again.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Stories and pics at
http://koti.welho.com/mkurten/