Fun for cats...not so much for hoomins

Old September 9th 04, 04:35 AM
badwilson

Default Fun for cats...not so much for hoomins

The day before Dennis left to go back to work, he decided to buy some new
furniture for us. They are delivering it today. We got one of those
Chinese step cabinets and we're going to use it for the TV, stereo and all
that stuff.
So, since Dennis has been gone for 3 days, I had to empty the old ugly
cabinet that came with the house and disconnect all the equipment by myself.
I had to carefully label all the wires to make sure I can get it all set up
again. If I don't have my TV working, I freak!
Anyway, so I swung the old cabinet away from the wall to get behind it. I
started tugging on cords and got the scare of my life when a lizard jumped
out of a hole in the back of the cabinet and hit me in the forehead.
The commotion attracted Vino to interrupt his nap and come downstairs. The
lizard was behind the curtains by this time and was chirping at Vino. Vino
was stalking the lizard but it was hard to concentrate because of all the
other temptations. Swinging cables, piles of CD's, open drawers, all cat
heaven! Eventually the lizard disappeared and Vino dedicated himself fully
to supervising his hoomin. He had to make sure that I vacuumed up 3 years
of accumulated cat hair and lizard droppings. He had to get a bit of
vacuuming for himself too. I'm hoping that I got enough hair off his body
to keep the hair level in the house down for at least a little while. But
Vino is far from bald, so it's probably just wishful thinking!
Finally everything is disconnected, emptied, cleaned and stacked around the
couch. The new stuff is arriving in 1/2 and hour. Vino is relaxing next to
me on the computer table and getting up to give me the occasional headbutt.
I think I've made him a happy cat this morning :-) I can't wait till he
sees the new stuff...yeeeee haaaawww!
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered

Old September 9th 04, 09:48 AM
O J

On Thu, 9 Sep, Britta wrote:

---------------------snip----------------------
Finally everything is disconnected, emptied, cleaned and stacked around the
couch. The new stuff is arriving in 1/2 and hour. Vino is relaxing next to
me on the computer table and getting up to give me the occasional headbutt.
I think I've made him a happy cat this morning :-) I can't wait till he
sees the new stuff...yeeeee haaaawww!

Glad you're excited about your new stuff. Are the deliverymen going
to take the old cabinet with them? Should you warn them about the
lizard?

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Old September 9th 04, 09:48 AM
O J

---------------------snip----------------------

Old September 9th 04, 09:48 AM
O J

---------------------snip----------------------

Old September 9th 04, 01:06 PM
badwilson

"O J" wrote in message
On Thu, 9 Sep, Britta wrote:

---------------------snip----------------------
Finally everything is disconnected, emptied, cleaned and stacked around

the
couch. The new stuff is arriving in 1/2 and hour. Vino is relaxing next

me on the computer table and getting up to give me the occasional

headbutt.
I think I've made him a happy cat this morning :-) I can't wait till he
sees the new stuff...yeeeee haaaawww!

Glad you're excited about your new stuff. Are the deliverymen going
to take the old cabinet with them? Should you warn them about the
lizard?

The new stuff came but one part of the cabinet wasn't right so they took it
back with them to fix. It's ok though because I was able to organize
everything anyway. Unfortunately my TV died (very weird timing) and I had
to get a friend to help me take it to the repair guy. It should be fixed
tomorrow, so in the meantime I brought the small TV down from the bedroom.
Vino likes the new stuff, we also got a long side table kind of thing which
I put under the window in the bedroom. Now he has a great spot to watch
all the birdies from and the waterbuffalos in the field next door.
The old cabinet is outside on our porch. I have to organize a friend with a
truck to come to take it to another friend's office to store it. It belongs
to the house we're renting and will have to go back into it when we move
out. I can't be bothered to deal with it right now because I'm more worried
about getting my TV fixed.
Why would I warn anyone about the lizard? There are dozens of lizards
around, inside the house and outside. Most are just small little 3 inch
ones, but we have two big 12 inch geckos too, one by the front door and one
in the back by the laundry room. They have been living here for the whole 3
years we've been in this house. Sometimes we take Vino out and show him the
big one by the front door. He always gets big saucer eyes when he sees it,
but we make sure we hold him tightly. He does hunt and kill and eat the
small indoor ones though. Vino's favourite sport ;-)

Old September 9th 04, 01:06 PM
badwilson

"O J" wrote in message

Old September 9th 04, 01:06 PM
badwilson

"O J" wrote in message

Old September 9th 04, 02:16 PM
Sherry

[...]

Wow, your day is exciting! Brand new furniture (I'm jealous)...and getting
whopped in the head by a lizard too.
Sherry