Yeah we made thru our first Tropical Storm

Old June 14th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Yeah we made thru our first Tropical Storm

Yeah only 30 more to go so they say

Old June 14th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Matthew" wrote in message
.. .
Yeah only 30 more to go so they say

I heard it ended up being just some much needed rain. Thank goodness!!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 14th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Matthew" wrote in message
.. .
Yeah only 30 more to go so they say

Well, I'm glad you got through this one, anyway.

Joy

Old June 14th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote in message
.. .
Yeah only 30 more to go so they say

I heard it ended up being just some much needed rain. Thank goodness!!

Hear hear. I'm sure by BIL has been very worried. He worries anyway and
they have been away from home (in Florida) for a couple of weeks. When he
gets home the grass will be green and the pool will be full.

Jo

Old June 14th 06, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message
.. .

Yeah only 30 more to go so they say

I heard it ended up being just some much needed rain. Thank goodness!!

According to my Netscape news blurb, they were expecting ten
inches! (I suspect no-one NEEDS that much rain - not all in
one fell swoop, anyway!)

Old June 14th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Matthew wrote:
Yeah only 30 more to go so they say

Glad it turned out to be minor. Purrs that the rest of the season is
equally so.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old June 14th 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message
.. .

Yeah only 30 more to go so they say

I heard it ended up being just some much needed rain. Thank goodness!!

The local news said that the Savannah Georgia area got it a lot worse
than Florida did. I dunno. We're getting the end of the storm,
complete with tornado watches tonight and tomorrow morning.

I'm not that worried about us, but more worried about the cruising cats
and the Genesis.
Pam S.
Old June 14th 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Living in NY, I can only share what I've heard from folks there.

* Everything outdoors needs to be tied to trees, picnic tables flipped
over, table surface down.

* If you plan to evacuate, leave really totally early. Try not to let
the PD herd you onto the freeways which crawl and stall. Bring plenty
of gasoline. Back roads at 35 or 45 MPH beat the hell out of freeway
at 1 MPH.

* Gasoline generators are very much stolen. Needs a chain, two dogs,
and a watchman with a BIG gun. Bring it indoors when possible, but
don't run it indoors cause of the monoxide.

Good luck, please let us know if there are other tips that Floridians
need to know. Humor: http://hcgtv.com/media/vocal/florida_plywood.jpg

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Matthew" wrote in message
.. .
Yeah only 30 more to go so they say

Old June 14th 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:

"Matthew" wrote in message
.. .

Yeah only 30 more to go so they say

I heard it ended up being just some much needed rain. Thank goodness!!

According to my Netscape news blurb, they were expecting ten inches! (I
suspect no-one NEEDS that much rain - not all in one fell swoop, anyway!)

Hey, I could use ten inches... oh, wait, we were talking about rain??!
Never mind! ;

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 14th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Living in NY, I can only share what I've heard from folks there.

* Everything outdoors needs to be tied to trees, picnic tables flipped
over, table surface down.

* If you plan to evacuate, leave really totally early. Try not to let
the PD herd you onto the freeways which crawl and stall. Bring plenty
of gasoline. Back roads at 35 or 45 MPH beat the hell out of freeway
at 1 MPH.

* Gasoline generators are very much stolen. Needs a chain, two dogs,
and a watchman with a BIG gun. Bring it indoors when possible, but
don't run it indoors cause of the monoxide.

Knowing Florida just a little bit as I do, I strongly suspect that generator
theft is a very high risk occupation during emergencies. If the owner
doesn't shoot you, his neighbor's are liable to. Besides it isn't the
generators that are so hard to come by so much as getting the fuel for them.

Jo