Jellicle Ball Tribute to Kitsu (April 2001 - August 12, 2008)

Old October 16th 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Renee Babcock

Default Jellicle Ball Tribute to Kitsu (April 2001 - August 12, 2008)

Hi efery kitty, we nefer come on RPCC, altho we were memfurs frum way
back. Sum of yew may know dat we had a bruffer named Kitsu, an he
wentid to da bridge on August 12 at da age of 7.

In August of 2001, mommy wuz kitty sittin fur a ladee who told her to
leef fud outside fur da liddle stray kitten dat wuz hanging around.
Da ladee had cot da kitten an had his biskits remoofed den let him
back out inna wild. Mommy saw da liddle tiny black kitten hangin
around a few times, an she felt bad fur him.

So, she told da ladee dat if she cud cach da kitten, she wud make sher
he got a home. At da time, mommy wuz finking of a fren of hers who
wuz lukkin fur a noo cat.

About a week later, mommy got a call frum da ladee to come get da
kitten, so she did. Dat liddle black kitten wuz goin wild in da
carrier, hollering and throwing himself against the carrier, a true
feral babycat.

Mommy brottid him home, an tuk him into da bafroom. She reeched into
da carrier an pulled out dis tiny, sick, furry skinny kitten. But wen
she pulled him out of da carrier, he immediately started purrin dis
GINORMOUS purr an settled on mommy's lap. She fell in luf hard wif
him rite den.

But she wuz worried bout him cuz he wuz furry skinny, so she tuk him
to our TED. TED sed he only wayed 2 pounds, but wuz 4 months old and
shud way 4 pounds. Mommy wuz worried dat kitten wudn't make it. To
incourij him to eet, she wud sit wif him and pet him while he ate. He
allays did luf dat.

She named him Kitsu, becuz he had a lot of oriental breed in him
(including da mouf!), and one meening of Kitsu is "orange." She sed
he had da soul of a big orange cat in a little black body.

Ofer time, Kitsu grew and got helfy, but he was allays a small cat.
He nefer wayed more den about 7 or 8 pounds.

Kitsu wuz furry shy, usually spending a lot of time unner da bed with
Charlie and Ginger, but we all rilly liked him. But he knew dat he
wuz allays furry spayshil to mommy. She wud smooch on him alla time,
an he luffed da smooches. He wud jes purr an purr an purr like crazy
whenefer mommy smooched an cuddled on him.

Last summer mommy noticed one day dat Kitsu wuz haffin trubble
breefin, so she tuk him to TED. TED sed he had a lot of fluids around
his hart, an he drained it out. He den tol mommy she shud take Kitsu
to a Hart TED (cardiologist) fur more testin. Mommy made an
appointment but she had to take Kitsu down dere a few days later becuz
he cudn breef. Da lady Hart TED drained more fluids frum around his
hart. She told mommy Kitsu wuz in Congestive Heart Failure, because
he had a rare hart condition called Dilated Cardiomyopathy (the rarest
form of CM in cats).

Mommy got dat news on September 19. Kitsu wuz put on a lot of pills
an medicines. He wuz furry easy to pill - we cudn beleef he let mommy
giv him sumtimes 10-12 pills a day! Sumtimes it was hard on mommy cuz
Kitsu sumtimes felt gud an sumtimes didn't. We almost lost him last
December cuz he gottid rilly sick, but he bounced back frum dat.

Den he had a rilly gud spring. He felt gud, had a lot of energy. One
of his medicines made him feel playful, an mommy wuf play wif him,
wifout letting him get too stressed out. She felt bad, cuz he jes
wantid to be a cat she sed, but she cudn't let him get stressed. She
sez she wishes she played more wif him.

But efery day, she spent a lot of time cuddling him an luffin on him,
and he allays liked dat.

In June, he started gettin sick agin. Mommy sed it was obvious his
hart wuz waring out. She had plans to go to Denver for a convention
(vacation) in August, and she almost cancelled. Sum of her frens tol
her she shud go, becus she's bin dealin wif a lot especially since
her dad wentid to da bridge last year an I (Sam) wuz diagnosed wif
lymphoma a few monfs befur Kitsu got his diagnosis.

So, she made arrangements to board Kitsu but she wuz worried about
him. She told him she wuz leefin for 9 days fur bacashun, an she
hoped he'd wate for her to get back.

An he did. He didn't feel gud da day she gottid back, but he
responded well to some medicines. Mommy wuz tired an didn't cuddle
him as much as she wud haf liked, but she new he wuz happy to be home.

Da next morning, Kitsu cud barely breef, an she new it wuz time to
help him along. I wuz at our reglar TED being boarded, so she called
TED an told him she wuz comin to get me an bring Kitsu to be helped
along. She gaf Kitsu a sedative cuz he allays hated bein in da car.
He hated it dat mornin, but she drove with her hand on his head,
pettin him da whole way.

In da end, TED didnt' haf to gif Kitsu da offer medicines. Da sedative
wuz enough to help Kitsu along, cuz his hart wuz so week.

Mommy sez dat Kitsu wuz infinite joy in a 7 pound body. She called
him her liddle Goth kitty, becuz he was handsum all in black, an died
tragically young. She knows dat he wud prolly haf died within a few
weeks if she hadn't resckewed him but she's still sad he's gone.

We all miss him, but we no she misses him furry much. She doesn't
think we now dis, but we know (and don't mind) dat Kitsu was her most
fafrit cat she's efer had. Honestly, it takes all 3 of us workin hard
being cute and luvvin to get her to smile sumtimes. We no dat she
lufs us, but we agree wif her dat it is quiet wif out Kitsu around -
he had da mouf of a Siamese!

Sam, Charlie and Ginger (aka The Renegades)
Old October 16th 08, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

We all miss him, but we no she misses him furry much. She doesn't think
we now dis, but we know (and don't mind) dat Kitsu was her most fafrit
cat she's efer had. Honestly, it takes all 3 of us workin hard being
cute and luvvin to get her to smile sumtimes. We no dat she lufs us,
but we agree wif her dat it is quiet wif out Kitsu around - he had da
mouf of a Siamese!

Sam, Charlie and Ginger (aka The Renegades)

That was an excellent tribute. Kitsu sounds like the kind of kitty that
any human would be honored to meet. It is wonderful that your Meowmie got
to give him a life of happiness and love, and so sad that he had to leave
so soon.

Amelia
Old October 16th 08, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Renee Babcock

On Oct 16, 3:46*pm, Amelia T Cat wrote:
We all miss him, but we no she misses him furry much. *She doesn't think
we now dis, but we know (and don't mind) dat Kitsu was her most fafrit
cat she's efer had. *Honestly, it takes all 3 of us workin hard being
cute and luvvin to get her to smile sumtimes. *We no dat she lufs us,
but we agree wif her dat it is quiet wif out Kitsu around - he had da
mouf of a Siamese!

Sam, Charlie and Ginger (aka The Renegades)

That was an excellent tribute. Kitsu sounds like the kind of kitty that
any human would be honored to meet. It is wonderful that your Meowmie got
to give him a life of happiness and love, and so sad that he had to leave
so soon.

Amelia

Fangu, Amelia. He rilly wuz a spayshil cat. His cardiologist rilly
luffed him, too. One of her technicians is an artist, an she drew a
nice portrait of Kitsu fur mommy's sympafy card. Yu can see it at
http://denisesdestiny.com/ (scroll about halfway down an yu'll see his
picher). Denise is furry talented an draws a portrait for alla da
pashents dey lose.

Sam
Old October 16th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

Fangu, Amelia. He rilly wuz a spayshil cat. His cardiologist rilly
luffed him, too. One of her technicians is an artist, an she drew a
nice portrait of Kitsu fur mommy's sympafy card. Yu can see it at
http://denisesdestiny.com/ (scroll about halfway down an yu'll see his
picher). Denise is furry talented an draws a portrait for alla da
pashents dey lose.

Sam

Kitsu was a beautiful cat. Denise really is a talented artist, but it
must be sad to draw kitties that have passed over the Bridge.

Amelia
Old October 16th 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_3_] Mosey =^..^=[_3_] is offline
Banned

Dat wuz a wunnerful triboot tew Kitzu.
Hugz
Mosey n Tabitha

"Renee Babcock"

Old October 16th 08, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_]

On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 13:26:07 -0700 (PDT), Renee Babcock's nimble,
little paws typed:

Hi efery kitty, we nefer come on RPCC, altho we were memfurs frum way
back. Sum of yew may know dat we had a bruffer named Kitsu, an he
wentid to da bridge on August 12 at da age of 7.

Dat was a luffly tribyoot, purrs to awl ov you.....
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

little, the cats become its visible soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

10/16/2008 6:47:48 PM
Old October 17th 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Clowder (South)

Renee Babcock wrote:

[reluctantly snipped for the server]

We all miss him, but we no she misses him furry much. She doesn't
think we now dis, but we know (and don't mind) dat Kitsu was her most
fafrit cat she's efer had. Honestly, it takes all 3 of us workin hard
being cute and luvvin to get her to smile sumtimes. We no dat she
lufs us, but we agree wif her dat it is quiet wif out Kitsu around -
he had da mouf of a Siamese!

Sam, Charlie and Ginger (aka The Renegades)

Dat wuz purrfekt, Sam, wee wuddnt haff nown how to mayk it shorter,
eefur, it wuz justrite.

Yu no, mymom yuzd to feeel weerd bowt haffin fayfritts, felt a liddul
gillty an all, til shee reelized dat *we* haff fayfritts, too. It's
caws wee'ze individyooals, an owr hoomins ar, too, an sum just bond
closur togeffur den offurs.

I fink Kitsu fownd his way to da TrooHome hee wuz supposd to haff, to
da hoomin hoo wud rekignize his wunderfullness an mayk da too-short
time hee had on dis earf just like heaven.

Wee won't furrgit him.

Mietze wiff Neko, Azad, Buster Badseed an Ella, too
--
Remove the first m to reply
Old October 17th 08, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Oct 16, 5:06 pm, Renee Babcock wrote:
[...]

Dat is byootiful. Hee can hab wings like dat at da Brij iffn he wans,
Iyam shur. His life waz byootiful an his mommy helpd make it sew.

--
WooToo

Old October 17th 08, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

Fangu Anti Renee an The Reneegades furr that hartfelt trybute.
I yam shur dat Kitsu knew and knowz heow mutsh he wuz lufft.
--
Pitô.ônya