A tribute: Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat Mahoney

Old October 5th 09, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

Default A tribute: Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat Mahoney

Since we are all gathered here to remember those who have gone to the
Rainbow Bridge without us, I would like to offer a tribute to my
departed sisfur, Cleopatra Silvercat.

When I was just a kitten Meowmie and Paw adopted me from a rescue
organization in southern Catifurnia. When they brought me home I learned
that I would be sharing a house with two humans and two other cats. Both
of the other cats were girls like me (Cleopatra and DD). They were both
adult cats and weren't eager to adjust to having a kitten in their
lives, but they were both good sports. They both offered me advice on
things I needed to learn, since I had to grow up without a momcat.

Cleo showed me how important it is to be willing to negotiate and
compromise. She also showed me the importance of keeping up on current
events, and using my mind to achieve everything I was capable of. It was
her counsel that lead me to develop my scientific and engineering
skills, and to become the inventor I am now.

DD developed CRF, way too soon. She declined for a few months despite
all Meowmie and Paw did for her. When DD left for the Rainbow Bridge I
was sad and depressed, but Cleo reminded me that us kitties have a
responsibility to cheer up our humans. That helped me get my priorities
straight.

Soon other kitties joined our family. First tiny Tabitha joined us, then
Sammy, then Harri and Ranger. As I enjoyed our family times I came to
realize that Cleo was disappearing for days at a time, never telling us
where she was going. But reading the kitty news I soon figured out that
she was 'porting to places all over the world, serving as negotiator and
statescat in areas requiring mediation. When parts of the world were
experiencing conflict between dogs and cats, or between cats and other
animals, or even between different clans of cats, if the parties in the
conflict were unable to settle things themselves, they would call in
Cleo.

We all became accustomed to living in the same house as world-known
royalty. We all came to see how she justified holding the title "Her
Royal Highness" and "Empress of All She Surveys". We were also
impressed by her eagerness to participate in activities of the
Community, and how she never stood on formality.

Cleopatra Silvercat was an inspiration to us all, and a dear friend to
us all. She was very greatly loved by our humans, and by the feline
members of her family. Cleopatra, you were loved and are still. Be
happy, my sisfur.

Amelia
for her clowder

Old October 5th 09, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^^=

[...]

Amelia, that was such a beautiful tribute for your sisfur Cleopatra
Silvercat.
I remember her, with fondness, as she performed my winking.
What I didn't know about her was her porting all over the world to solve
problems.
I am sorry about DD going to The Bridge too soon, but you have quote a
lovely family now.
And you are still my SIL. Again, a beautiful tribute for a wonderful famlee
member and furrend. I will always remember herownself.
Luffs, Mosey
--for his famlee

Old October 5th 09, 03:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Bobcat[_3_]

On Oct 4, 4:56*pm, Amelia T Cat wrote:
[...]

Materializing out of nowhere Misty approaches Amelia.
"I am so sorry to hear about your sister HRH Cleopatra Silvercat. She
was a good friend of mine. I too will miss her. Bobcat too sends his
best wishes. He is here somewhere. He shouldn't be too hard to spot
just look for a rather large BOBCAT!!!
Old October 5th 09, 03:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_4_]

On 4 Oct 2009 23:56:27 GMT, Amelia T Cat's nimble,
little paws typed:

Since we are all gathered here to remember those who have gone to the
Rainbow Bridge without us, I would like to offer a tribute to my
departed sisfur, Cleopatra Silvercat.

Dat wuz luffly, Amelia! [wipes a tear].

Cleo wuz a gudgud friend to me and a pilliar ob
dis kommunity. We had fun togefur and led quite a
few 'ventures, but I'll neffur forget da gud timez
on da Orient Eggspress 'venture!

I remembfur like it was yesterday wen we drofe
mine Unklez yellow Ferrari thru Tuscany an awl ob
da fun we had.

Cleo, I misses yoo. I'll awlwayz remembfur yoo!

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

10/4/2009 10:30:23 PM
Old October 5th 09, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Bobcat[_3_]

[...]

Spotting Misty, Bobcat makes his way towards Amelia. Like the Red Sea,
cats all around him part and then fill in behind him.

"Ah there you are Misty, I just came from the Calling of Names. Why
can an electronic device pick up my thoughts?"
"Amelia this is my Human, Bobcat. Bobcat this is Amelia. Her sister
is HRH Cleopatra Silvercat, who you met a few years ago along with
Mecurio who took both Phantom and I to our first Jellicle Ball. I
just learned that HRH Cleopatra Silvercat has gone to the Bridge."
"Amelia, I trust you can hear me, I'm not sure how, I am so sorry to
hear about HRH Cleopatra Silvercat; she was an elegant cat. I had a
brief chance to meet her when she came to pick up both Phantom and
Misty for their first Jellicle Ball. This past year Phantom too passed
over The Bridge. I *was* planning to attend in my human form for a few
brief minutes to pay tribute to Phantom but somehow Misty has changed
me into an actual CAT.
Old October 5th 09, 02:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

"Ah there you are Misty, I just came from the Calling of Names. Why can
an electronic device pick up my thoughts?" "Amelia this is my Human,
Bobcat. Bobcat this is Amelia. Her sister is HRH Cleopatra Silvercat,
who you met a few years ago along with Mecurio who took both Phantom
and I to our first Jellicle Ball. I just learned that HRH Cleopatra
Silvercat has gone to the Bridge." "Amelia, I trust you can hear me, I'm
not sure how, I am so sorry to hear about HRH Cleopatra Silvercat; she
was an elegant cat. I had a brief chance to meet her when she came to
pick up both Phantom and Misty for their first Jellicle Ball. This past
year Phantom too passed over The Bridge. I *was* planning to attend in
my human form for a few brief minutes to pay tribute to Phantom but
somehow Misty has changed me into an actual CAT.

Hello, Bobcat! It's great to see you. You are a very handsome bobcat! I
wouldn't have guessed that you were a human in other form.

Thanks for you kind words about Cleo. She was indeed an elegant cat. And
I remember Phantom too - he was quite the handsome gentleman cat. I'm so
glad you could be here!

I'm sitting at the table over there [nods toward the corner] with Mme.
Anais and Tiger and TV (Cleo's wink) and a few other kitties. You're
welcome to join us if you'd like.

Amelia
Old October 5th 09, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

TV makes his way slowly to the podum anna hugs his sisfur in paw as she
lafez da podum... he is thinner than last year but looks resplendint in his
grey tux with silver trim and a silver tie anna kumberbun...

Cleopatra was mine wife kitty fur sum reazun i duz not unnerstan but iz
greetful fur her lofed minesef anna i lofed hersef, her was gentle genuruz
anna da nizest gurlkittee i efur meeted... we had lotsa venshurez anna gud
timez, we kumfurted each ofur durin ruffer timez... anna she efin meeted
minez hoominz anna wuz grashush to demselvez...

Mine dear cleo i willz mizz you veri muc.

TV leafz da podum bein assisted by MH anna chester anna he grabz trudiz paw
anna she wipez a tear wif a rainbow hanki as they returnta tv's table/

--
Have a wonderful day

Old October 5th 09, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ray or Fran

What a beautiful tribute to your sisfur Amelia. While our paths never
crossed, I feel like I know her just a bit. She will be missed by
effuryone.

Tabby

--
Remove "spam" from addy to reply

Old October 5th 09, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Clowder (South)

Amelia T Cat wrote:

[snipt luffly story]

Cleopatra Silvercat was an inspiration to us all, and a dear friend to
us all. She was very greatly loved by our humans, and by the feline
members of her family. Cleopatra, you were loved and are still. Be
happy, my sisfur.

Amelia
for her clowder

Whut a finefine Tribyoot, Amelia! Cleopatra Silvercat is furryfurry
prowd ov yurownselv, I no.

Mietze wiff effurywun
--
Remove the first m to reply
Old October 5th 09, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
DaRennieKidz[_2_]

On Oct 4, 7:56*pm, Amelia T Cat wrote:
[...]

Amelia, dat wazza luvlee tribyewt tu HRH Cleopatra Silvercat. Ize
shur she wud be purrowd uv yu.

Willow, givin Amelia a liddle hug