I held a bitty

Old August 18th 08, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Default I held a bitty

Such a tiny, dainty bitty! To think that some old so-and-so was going to
drown her. she literally called out to some well-meaning but clueless
teenagers, saying if they didn't take the baby, she would drown it. the kids
took her and drove to Petsmart, and ran into one of the Tenth Chance people
setting up for a show. The kids thought they could keep the tiny thing in
abox and toss in dry food. The volunteer took her and got some formula mixed
up. The baby had just opened her eyes for the first time in the car.

Karen asked if I'd like to try feeding her. Of course I did. Such a delicate
bitty! She wore a tiny tuxedo, open in the front like Roxie's. She had the
tiniest paws, and her ears wee so small they were two of the littlest points
sticking up from her head. She was wrapped in a dishtowel and Karen showed me
how to keep the bitty sitting straight and how to position the little bottle.
I even burped the bitty and she brought forth a righteous belch that made me
proud. For Karen, she'd sit quietly. For me, she'd wriggle out of that
dishtowel and climb on me, and I'll be dipped if she didn't figure out where
two-leg mammaries are located. knew what they were for, too, considering the
little one bit me there! I'd like to think i was helping the little one get
strong.

Had it been a boy, I'd have called the baby Samson. I wanted a good, strong
name for the dear bitty, whom I've quite fallen in love with and now offer my
prayers to until I know she'll thrive. the shelter people, some of them
anyway, beleive the kitties I name end up finding fast homes. I called her
Juno. Big, strong, heroic looking women are often called Junoesque, and I'd
like to see the bitty get good and strong. I didn't want to put the baby down.
Oy, motherhood...!

Blessed be,
Baha

Old August 18th 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Had it been a boy, I'd have called the baby Samson. I wanted a good, strong
name for the dear bitty, whom I've quite fallen in love with and now offer my
prayers to until I know she'll thrive. the shelter people, some of them
anyway, beleive the kitties I name end up finding fast homes. I called her
Juno. Big, strong, heroic looking women are often called Junoesque, and I'd
like to see the bitty get good and strong. I didn't want to put the baby down.
Oy, motherhood...!

Blessed be,
Baha

Bless you for caring for the little one, and curses upon the a**hole who
thought to throw her out.
Old August 18th 08, 04:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote

I didn't want to put the baby down.

I can totally relate.... Damn! I want a kitten again!

Old August 18th 08, 10:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
[...]

Lots of purrs for the bitty.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 18th 08, 03:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Baha via CatKB.com" u18616@uwe wrote in message news:88d4d04ea1b5e@uwe...
[...]

Purrs for the tiny mite to get big and strong, and find a great home fast.
Dante also points out that black and white rules.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 18th 08, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`[_2_]

"Daniel Mahoney"
Had it been a boy, I'd have called the baby Samson. I wanted a good,
strong
name for the dear bitty, whom I've quite fallen in love with and now
offer my
prayers to until I know she'll thrive. the shelter people, some of them
anyway, beleive the kitties I name end up finding fast homes. I called
her
Juno. Big, strong, heroic looking women are often called Junoesque, and
I'd
like to see the bitty get good and strong. I didn't want to put the baby
down.
Oy, motherhood...!

Blessed be,
Baha

Bless you for caring for the little one, and curses upon the a**hole who
thought to throw her out.

Yes indeed, curses on the old bat who wanted to drown the bittie,
and bless you for caring for the bittie. Purrs for the bittie to thrive.
Hug
Kyla

Old August 18th 08, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
[...]

If you want a name for a strong, heroic female, how about Boeadica?
(You folks in the UK, feel free to correct my spelling.) She was the
warrior queen of the ancient Britons, who gave the Roman armies a really
hard time!
Old August 18th 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:

Had it been a boy, I'd have called the baby Samson. I wanted a good, strong
name for the dear bitty, whom I've quite fallen in love with and now offer my
prayers to until I know she'll thrive. the shelter people, some of them
anyway, beleive the kitties I name end up finding fast homes. I called her
Juno. Big, strong, heroic looking women are often called Junoesque, and I'd
like to see the bitty get good and strong. I didn't want to put the baby down.
Oy, motherhood...!

If you want a name for a strong, heroic female, how about Boeadica?
(You folks in the UK, feel free to correct my spelling.) She was the
warrior queen of the ancient Britons, who gave the Roman armies a really
hard time!

Or Artemis - another amazon warrior. I'm kind of partial to Juno, though.
She's a lesser-known goddess, so the name is less common.

Purrs for the bitty!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 18th 08, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Aug 17, 6:51*pm, Daniel Mahoney wrote:
Had it been a boy, I'd have called the baby Samson. I wanted a good, strong
name for the dear bitty, whom I've quite fallen in love with and now offer my
prayers to until I know she'll thrive. the shelter people, some of them
anyway, beleive the kitties I name end up finding fast homes. I called her
Juno. Big, strong, heroic looking women are often called Junoesque, and I'd
like to see the bitty get good and strong. I didn't want to put the baby down.
Oy, motherhood...!

Blessed be,
Baha

Bless you for caring for the little one, and curses upon the a**hole who
thought to throw her out.

Well, the teens may have been clueless about kitten care, but at least
they WANTED the bitty to live. It must have been meant for them to
meet up with people who know how to care for a baby that young. Good
luck to little Juno. She clearly knows how to reach out and grab hold
of human hearts, so her luck has already changed for the better.

Dirty litterbox offerings to the one threatening to drown the poor
kitten! Thank goodness ANYone was around to hear her call out and
rescue little Juno.

Melissa
Old August 22nd 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
[...]

Lots of purrs for a great onetruehome for Juno,
Polonca and Soncek