Introducing the New Girls! [Long]

Old August 24th 08, 02:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Introducing the New Girls! [Long]

I have kittens! As planned, I went to the adoption centre on Saturday
with a large carrier to liberate the girls from their perspex prison
in the shop window. They'd been there three months, so it was high-
time!

I took a taxi home - about $40, but far better than carrying a
wailing, wowling box of kitties on the subway!

We arrived home, I opened the carrier, and both kittens - predictably
- scuttled straight under the bed for a conference. I put some bowls
of food and water just under the edge of the bed and left them to it.

Naughty (working-title; must change their names as soon as they tell
me what their real names are!) was the first to emerge about three
hours later. She approached me very gingerly, but within five minutes
we were locked in mortal combat with the Cat Dancer, and so the ice
was broken. Kiki (working-title) remained under the bed.

They both used the litterbox during the night. They also indulged in
about half-an-hour's wrestling, a similar amount of stampeding like
wildebeeste, and then Naughty (WT) stuck her nose into my eye-socket
at about 5am to (a) see if I was dead and (b) if not, to arrange a
room-service breakfast.

Kiki (WT) really is the little-sister. This afternoon Naughty (WT)
wandered out to use the litterbox. She made lots of noise digging, and
I could imagine the dialogue when she went back to her lair:

K: Ooooh, I need to go too... I'm busting!
N: Well, off you go then. I left you some clean litter.
K: But *he's* there! That hoomin!
N: Oh, come *on* then...

Because, sure enough, about two minutes later, Kiki (WT) appeared with
Naughty (WT) escorting her, and Naughty (WT) sat and watched me the
whole time her sister was using the litter box! Then she escorted her
back to the safety of the underbed.

This evening, Kiki (WT) is a little bolder. The girls have both been
playing in the same room where I'm sat working. I think we're going to
get along just fine!

There *will* be photos - just as soon as things calm down a bit. Right
now the girls are either in the depths of the netherbed, or else
haring around at Mach 0.7 - neither are conducive to good pictures.

Purrs!
Al.
Old August 24th 08, 02:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

Great! Looking forward to the pictures.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old August 24th 08, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

aw, that is so cute to hear. Don't worry,
both girls will soon have you wrapped around
their little fing....er....paws.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old August 24th 08, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Aug 24, 6:14*am, wrote:

I took a taxi home - about $40, but far better than carrying a
wailing, wowling box of kitties on the subway!

Tell me about it when we got Speedy Joe, Rusty the guy who was slave
to his mother brought him from in a "pack-a-pet" and we met at Mile
End station and got the bus from there. We had just sat down and the
noise started. Now remember- this is our first foray into slave dom
and I had never heard such a heart rending noise..or for that matter
such a loud noise from such a small kitten! People on the bus started
to stare- a kid asked me whether I was taking the cat in the box to be
killed or something!

When I collected the Fabulous Furballs I had to use publc transport as
it would have cost a small fortune to get across town in a taxi and I
was a bit skint (something to do with blowing a large chunk of that
weeks wages on a cat carrier, bowls, water dishes. scratching posts
and of course little mousies and a ton of other toys) and I was
dreading a bus and tube ride with them.

Needn't have worried- they spent the short bus ride looking out of the
carrier. Two stops in the long journey on the tube they stopped moving
and I thought "Oh my God! The shock must have killed them!" and found
they'd settled themselves down as obviously the view on the tube
wasn't that interesting so they might as well have a nap. a couple of
stops later the train did that thing when it shakes and there's a
screeching noise. Sarsi jumped up and Dunzi simply put one paw on her
and gave her a quick lick- the first of many moments when I wished I
had a camera handy!

And I changed trains with two obviously tired kittens snoring in the
carrier. They didn't wake up until I stopped at the station kiosk to
get them some milk (I know about milk and cats but the lady who has
their mother had been giving them that and not water so I wanted them
to have a choice- in fact they drank a few sips of milk then seemed
much happier to get on the water) then they looked around before
settling down again- indeed they slept for an hour or so after they
arrived. We thought we had been lucky to get such placid kittens...no
trouble at all...

We learnt we were wrong about 2 hours later!

Congrats on the new cats!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old August 24th 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Aug 24, 6:14*am, wrote:
[...]

Congratulations on your new owners, Al! It sounds like you're all off
to a good start. So what do Naughty (WT) and Kiki(WT) look like?
Inquiring minds want to know! Looking forward to the pix.

Melissa
Old August 24th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Flippy[_4_]

Congratulations on your new masters!

Purrs,
Flippy.

Al wrote:
[...]

The Girls In Their Winterwear CatNipped Cat anecdotes 24 December 18th 06 03:53 PM
Slideshow of the Girls CatNipped Cat anecdotes 9 November 29th 06 01:23 PM
I weighed the girls Pat Cat anecdotes 2 November 9th 06 05:06 PM
introducing my girls kaleigh Cat anecdotes 20 March 21st 06 11:07 PM