[OT] The buck stops here?

Old November 2nd 05, 04:57 AM
John F. Eldredge

Default [OT] The buck stops here?

http://www.wsmv.com/Global/story.asp...&nav=menu109_3

In Paris, TN, a deer charged into a bank through a plate-glass window,
trampled several desks, and eventually ended up trapped in the branch
president's office. The president kept the office door shut to keep
the deer confined until a wildlife officer arrived to tranquilize it.

The article reports that no one was hurt, but the deer must have had
at least minor injuries after charging through a plate-glass window.

Paris, Tennessee is about 85 miles (about 137 km, if I did my math
right) west of Nashville, where I live.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old November 2nd 05, 09:21 AM
Yoj

Poor thing! It must have been terrified! I hope they restored it to the
wild.

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

Old November 2nd 05, 02:59 PM
Lorraine

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 22:57:08 -0600, John F. Eldredge
wrote:

http://www.wsmv.com/Global/story.asp...&nav=menu109_3

In Paris, TN, a deer charged into a bank through a plate-glass window,
trampled several desks, and eventually ended up trapped in the branch

Yep. It's that time of the year. A buck went through a window here last
week and ironically died in the office of the Kansas Association of the
Medically Underserved. I guess he tried several other windows before he
went through this one so he was probably plenty confused.
http://www.cjonline.com/stories/102905/loc_deer.shtml (free registration
required)

It's not all that unusual to find them in downtown Topeka as they come
up from the river. I went for a walk around our state capitol one
Veteran's Day and came face to face one that seemed to be out for his
daily walk, also. I just stopped dead in my tracks and let him go his
own way to get away from me. He was just a young one, pretty small yet.
Actually, he might have been a she.

Beautiful animals, but they sure do some stupid things this time of the
year.

Lorraine
Old November 2nd 05, 03:56 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Lorraine wrote:

It's not all that unusual to find them in downtown Topeka as they come
up from the river. I went for a walk around our state capitol one
Veteran's Day and came face to face one that seemed to be out for his
daily walk, also. I just stopped dead in my tracks and let him go his
own way to get away from me. He was just a young one, pretty small yet.
Actually, he might have been a she.

Beautiful animals, but they sure do some stupid things this time of the
year.

Wouldn't you panic, too, if there were gun happy humans with
no common sense out to get you?