My shoe!

Old April 9th 14, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default My shoe!

Who was it whose cat threw up in his shoe recently?

Okay, I don't get dressed up very often. But some of you may know I
have to eat at the Club every once in a while to apply towards the
dining assessment. It's a pretty nice day and tonight is Prime Rib
night. Yum! So I thought hmmm, maybe I'll get gussied up and go to the
club for dinner.

I had in mind the perfect spring outfit. A lovely dark, rather dusky
purple skirt with a matching sleeveless blouse. A jute belt with a
silver and abalone shell clasp. Topped with a white lightly flowered
linen jacket.

I went looking in the closet for the dark purple suede slides I usually
wear with this outfit.

Oh no! Oh yes. Persia had vomited in one of the shoes. It was some
time ago, apparently. (I did mention I don't get dressed up very
often.) That darn cat!

I guess I'll have to rethink my wardrobe.

Jill
Old April 10th 14, 06:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Art Shapiro

On 4/9/2014 1:33 PM, jmcquown wrote:
Who was it whose cat threw up in his shoe recently?

It was I, alas

Oh no! Oh yes. Persia had vomited in one of the shoes.

This could be the start of a groundswell.

Art

Old April 10th 14, 04:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 4/10/2014 1:27 AM, Art Shapiro wrote:
On 4/9/2014 1:33 PM, jmcquown wrote:
Who was it whose cat threw up in his shoe recently?

It was I, alas

Oh no! Oh yes. Persia had vomited in one of the shoes.

This could be the start of a groundswell.

Art

I certainly hope not! Fortunately it was just a little bit and it
happened some time ago. I spritzed a little cleaner in it and wiped it
out. Almost good as new.

Jill
Old April 10th 14, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 11:15:48 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 4/10/2014 1:27 AM, Art Shapiro wrote:
On 4/9/2014 1:33 PM, jmcquown wrote:
Who was it whose cat threw up in his shoe recently?

It was I, alas

Oh no! Oh yes. Persia had vomited in one of the shoes.

This could be the start of a groundswell.

Art

I certainly hope not! Fortunately it was just a little bit and it
happened some time ago. I spritzed a little cleaner in it and wiped it
out. Almost good as new.

Jill

I think it's easy to remove once it's desiccated. Oh big word! I even
spelled it correctly.

Desiccated vomit. I have one or two of those in the tiny bedroom that
doubles as the Cat Introduction Room. It all dries up but the actual
stuff that makes a hairball, which I suppose is hair.
Old April 10th 14, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Wed, 09 Apr 2014 22:27:47 -0700, Art Shapiro
wrote:

On 4/9/2014 1:33 PM, jmcquown wrote:
Who was it whose cat threw up in his shoe recently?

It was I, alas

Oh no! Oh yes. Persia had vomited in one of the shoes.

This could be the start of a groundswell.

Art

I'd best check the closet when I get home.
Old April 10th 14, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

On 4/9/2014 1:33 PM, jmcquown wrote:
Who was it whose cat threw up in his shoe recently?

It was I, alas

Oh no! Oh yes. Persia had vomited in one of the shoes.

This could be the start of a groundswell.

Art

I'd best check the closet when I get home.

Good idea!

I don't dare close the closet door. Persia does not like closed closet
doors. She'll stand outside of them and complain, rather loudly.

She was actually quite considerate. She didn't throw up on the suede,
just on the inside. And yes, dessicated is much easier to deal with.
Still... Gee, thanks Persia!

Jill
Old April 10th 14, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

dgk wrote:

Desiccated vomit. I have one or two of those in the tiny bedroom that
doubles as the Cat Introduction Room. It all dries up but the actual
stuff that makes a hairball, which I suppose is hair.

I have found a marvelous solution to carpet stains (that may dry up but
don't really disappear). I found it in a mail order catalog - it's
called "Stream Clean". It's an enzyme cleaner that you simply spray
generously on the stain and let it sit. (I had a wound on my foot that
bled all over the carpet before I noticed it, and after treatment, you'd
never know it had been there.) It's rather expensive - about ten bucks
for a ten ounce spray can of it - but well worth it, and a lot cheaper
than shampooing the carpet.
Old April 10th 14, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

My next door neighbour had a cat, Sid, who had hyperthyroid issues and
needed his medication. One day, not long after they moved here, Nicky came
round to ask if we'd seen Sid as he hadn't come back in that morning and
hadn't been home all day. He liked to be out at night no matter what the
weather but was always there for his breakfast in the morning. As they
didn't know anyone other than us yet I volunteered to go round the nearby
houses to ask them to check their sheds etc. Anyway after about an hour or
so Sid arrived home. They decided to keep him in that night but Sid was
not pleased. He showed it by urinating in Nigel's work shoes. This was bad
as he was a trainer for the customs department and had to look smart and
so the shoes were expensive. He never did get the smell out of the shoes
and had to throw them away. They let Sid out again at night after that.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

~~~~~~~~
Sco Your neighbor 0 Sid 1

MaryL

Old April 10th 14, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wrote:

On 4/10/2014 1:27 AM, Art Shapiro wrote:
On 4/9/2014 1:33 PM, jmcquown wrote:
Who was it whose cat threw up in his shoe recently?

It was I, alas

Oh no! Oh yes. Persia had vomited in one of the shoes.

This could be the start of a groundswell.

Art

I certainly hope not! Fortunately it was just a little bit and it
happened some time ago. I spritzed a little cleaner in it and wiped it
out. Almost good as new.

Jill

I think it's easy to remove once it's desiccated. Oh big word! I even
spelled it correctly.

Desiccated vomit.

Band name!

--
Joyce

Something you'll never hear an 8-year-old say:

"Nana, will you spit on your hankie and wipe the gravy off my face?"

Shoe Cat jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 14 April 24th 12 09:43 PM
don't reject a shoe Doctor John S. Thompson Cat health & behaviour 0 September 16th 05 07:22 PM
don't even try to dye a shoe Smoking Sloppy Vampire Cat health & behaviour 0 September 13th 05 05:43 PM
never depart a shoe Profound Queen Cat anecdotes 0 September 12th 05 11:58 AM
try not to solve a shoe Quincy K. Doddy Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 02:29 PM