[OT]Silent Post - Julia Child, RIP

Old August 13th 04, 05:25 PM
Jeanne Hedge

Default [OT]Silent Post - Julia Child, RIP

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html

Old August 13th 04, 07:08 PM
Melissa Houle

Jeanne Hedge wrote in message
http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html

Ack. Oh no. Julia, may you find the kitchen of all your hopes and dreams
where you are now, and all of your favorite cooking ingredients fresh,
ready, and waiting for you. I'm betting that food in the after life has
just become a lot more delicious. But down here on earth, we will sorely
miss you, and your wonderful, hooty voice and relaxed, excellent cooking
instruction. I made one of your cakes for my mother's birthday just this
week, and as always, it turned out beautifully.

Adieu, and Bon Appetit, dear Julia.

Melissa

Old August 13th 04, 07:49 PM
jmcquown

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/TV/0....ap/index.html

She will be greatly missed. Julia was truly the Grand Dame of cooking and
inspired a lot of us. I am fortunate enough to have a signed copy of her
book, Kitchen Wisdom

Rest well, dear Julia. Know there are a lot of people right now thanking
you for helping us appreciate good food.

Jill

Old August 13th 04, 11:23 PM
Victor Martinez

I love Julia Child. I loved watching her on TV and I love using her
cookbooks (I have 3 of them only though, must buy more). Her recipe for
biscuits is my standard and they always come out great. She taught the
US to eat well. If it weren't for her, there would be no Emeril, no Food
Network, and most definitely no restaurant reality shows...

Rest in Peace, Chef Extraordinaire.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he