Easy life over

Old July 13th 05, 02:47 PM

Default Easy life over

My best friend's baby has literally just started to crawl in the last
couple of days, the 5 cats are not amused! One bolted through the cat
flap and has not been seen for 24 hours, one has already had a (small)
fistful of fur pulled, one never takes its eyes off her, only one is
being nice and has attempted to lick her face, me thinks trying times
ahead for the gang.

Old July 13th 05, 04:29 PM
Philip

In oups.com,
stated unanimously:
My best friend's baby has literally just started to crawl in the last
couple of days, the 5 cats are not amused! One bolted through the cat
flap and has not been seen for 24 hours, one has already had a (small)
fistful of fur pulled, one never takes its eyes off her, only one is
being nice and has attempted to lick her face, me thinks trying times
ahead for the gang.

CERTAINLY this is the time (if you do not already) to keep the cats claws
trimmed short so as to minimize scratch wounds inflicted upon the infant.

Babies come first. Any cat that doesn't adjust or becomes aggressive more
than once is a cat you cannot have in the house.

Old July 13th 05, 11:42 PM
Yowie

wrote in message
oups.com...
My best friend's baby has literally just started to crawl in the last
couple of days, the 5 cats are not amused! One bolted through the cat
flap and has not been seen for 24 hours, one has already had a (small)
fistful of fur pulled, one never takes its eyes off her, only one is
being nice and has attempted to lick her face, me thinks trying times
ahead for the gang.

Sorry, had to laugh. My own cats have suddenly got a crawling baby too, int
he last 6 months. Shmogg flatly refuses to be in the same room as him, quite
wise I think. But IBKFergus thinks Cary is just great. Not only does he move
around on all fours, like a cat, he is always trying to scavenge food
(everything goes in the mouth whether food or otherwise) and he makes weird
babbling and chittering noises like a cat. He also plays ball with her, and
they share a favourite toy (a tailless mousie that rattles). She's pretty
horrified about his lack of litterbox skills, but on the whole thinks Cary
is a Good Thing. Except when he's sucking her tail, of course.

Fluffy (D*g) has also realised that Cary comes with a halo of food around
his person, but is unsure whether ear-sucking is a pleasurable activity or
not. Mostly, she just looks at me with those big doleful brown eyes with a
"why me?" expression on her face. Still, in a year or so when Cary can run
and throw balls a bit better, I think Fluff and Cary will be the very
bestest of best friends.

Yowie

Old July 14th 05, 03:32 PM

They don't trim the cats claws, the cats are in the garden most of the
time so use the trees. The baby will most definately take priority
over the cats, who are now only allowed in the kitchen as they spend
most of their time outdoors anyway. I don't think the cats will become
aggressive but trust me they will never get the chance to harm the
baby. I might even take one of the cats, as he's on the same meds as
mine and it would be easier for me to look after him. They didn't
intend on having 5 cats, she had 3 and he had 2 - then they hitched up,
they've all been done so there won't be any accidents.