Am I Reading This Right?

Old February 27th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Am I Reading This Right?

On the back of the latest issue of 'Cat Fancy' magazine there is an
advertisement for new Fancy Feast products. Poor Persia can't have her once
a week fix of Fancy Feast anymore. But I checked their web site and found
this:

http://www.nextag.com/fancy-feast-el...ey/search-html

The new line is called 'Elegant Medley's'. It says it features souffles
souffles for your kitty?! Sounds a bit odd! I mean, I know some cats like
eggs and definitely cheese but how would you "CAN" a souffle? I can barely
make a souffle but I suppose cats don't mind if it falls flat! LOL

Then there's the "Delicate florentines" (florentines, for you non-cooks,
would mean it contains spinach!) I love spinach, can't think Persia might
enjoy it. But then again I didn't think she'd like cornbread, either, and
she tries to steal mine regularly. LOL

And I can only imagine what they will charge for these teeny gourmet cans;
they weren't exactly cheap before they went all elegant. My sweet Persia
who once had Fancy Feast once a week (and tried to trick me more than once
into Saturday rather than Sunday! LOL) doesn't get to find out. However,
when she gets to the point where she won't eat her prescription Hill's x/d
and the vet says she's going downhill, my lovely grey girl will get to eat
anything she wants. And if it includes 'White Meat Chicken Florentine in a
Delicate Sauce', or 'Yellowfin Tuna Florentine with Garden Greens' then so
be it. Even if I have to make it myself and sit down and eat with her.

She's healthy, thank Bast. A tad fluffy, but still very healthy and loving
after her bladder surgery in 2004.

Jill

Old February 27th 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 21:52:46 -0600, jmcquown wrote:

[...]

I have been feeding Fancy Feast to TuTu as one meal daily. She has Iams
kibble mostly. However, for several months now my garbage disposer has
eaten more FF than the cat has. It seems to me that the fancier the name,
the less likely the cat will eat it. So, this past week I have omitted FF
entirely. FF chicken & tuna used to be her favorite, but now she won't
touch it. As I said, I am tired of feeding the disposer.

Old February 27th 07, 04:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

mlbriggs wrote:
[...]

Yeah, it's a tad pricey even for just the regular FF for feeding the
disposal. Persia had a couple of fav's, turkey & giblets in gravy and some
sort of liver one. Some of the others she tired of rather quickly,
especially the salmon and one of the mixed fish ones. For some reason she's
never really liked fish, not even human tuna. And I still can't imagine
"canning" a souffle for a cat!

Jill

Old February 27th 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Before you try to go "elegant", a word of warning: Missy and Smokey
*love* any FF in gravy, will tolerate the pate (how the hell do you put
the single-quote over the "e", anyway?) but won't touch the "elegant"
varieties.

No, Pop. That's not the right stuff! We want our Fancy Feast!

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old February 27th 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 21:52:46 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

[...]

I love the big white Persian in the Fancy Feast ads. I always get the
feeling that she/he is not quite as refined as they're making out, if
I know my Persians. :P

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old February 27th 07, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

You are reading it right. Jake doesn't care for canned food and Molly
wasn't all that impressed either. (Hey, I had to buy one can right?)

Jo

Old February 27th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Feb 26, 10:43�pm, "Jo Firey" wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

Jo- Hide quoted text -

Same here. They hated it. Petsmart had a buy 1-get 1 free promotion,
and I bought about six cans. I think I ended up giving most of them
away.

Sherry

Old February 27th 07, 10:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Sam wrote:
Before you try to go "elegant", a word of warning: Missy and Smokey
*love* any FF in gravy, will tolerate the pate (how the hell do you
put
the single-quote over the "e", anyway?) but won't touch the "elegant"
varieties.

No, Pop. That's not the right stuff! We want our Fancy Feast!

You mean like this? paté, just type alt+0233.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old February 27th 07, 11:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon

My kitty loves it - go figure. I think it is about 69 cents a can.
Have you tried the new Sheba? The chicken looks like people food.
Kitty loves that too. That one costs 99 cents.

Cats leave pawprints on your heart.http://community.webshots.com/user/clowderuk

Old February 27th 07, 12:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JBHajos

wrote:

when she gets to the point where she won't eat her prescription Hill's x/d
and the vet says she's going downhill, my lovely grey girl will get to eat
anything she wants. And if it includes 'White Meat Chicken Florentine in a
Delicate Sauce', or 'Yellowfin Tuna Florentine with Garden Greens' then so
be it.

Before Speckles died last fall, I was willing to try anything to
get her to eat, including these fancy-dancy specialties. She was not
impressed. End of experiment. Actually, during her final weeks, her
favorite food was K/D's new flavor - she wouldn't touch the " old"
style on a bet.

Jeanne