Prayer and purrs for left behind furbabies please.

Old July 16th 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
kraut

Default Prayer and purrs for left behind furbabies please. = FINAL UPDATE

I have finally gotten the last of the left behind cats (The carmal or
orange one). He tryed to get the tuna I left in the live trap and
instead I got him!!! :-)

The down side is that the only place that would take him was a shelter
that was not a "no kill" shelter!! I may be wrong for feeling this
way and will probably get some flack but I feel that a shelter that is
not a no kill is better then him all of a sudden becoming a homeless
cat having to fend for himself. At least there he has some chance of
getting a home. More so than his chancing of making it on his own on
the street all of a sudden.

Thanks for all the prayers and purrs you all.

Purrayers fur the carmel & orange kitty! It's not something I would
have done. Wouldn't he have been better fending for himself? As hard
as it is he would be free and have something to say, even if not the
last word, about his own survival. His chance of getting a home in a
killing "shelter" is almost negligable. His chance of finding a home
in the open would be better, I would think. Maybe not good, but better
than death row. Please rethink your reasoning.

NO - HIS CHANCE OF FINDING A HOME IN THE OPEN WOULD NOT BE BETTER.

You do not know the type of area it is in. When the kids use cats as
bait for their dogs, they kills seagulls just for the fun of it, and
assault the squirrils with bottles because they think it is funny a
cat that is used to having a home then all of a sudden on its own on
the street, in my opion, would be easy pray. I would rather see him
in a shelter. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but some of you
people hear the word shelter and you start in on how amything is
better then that!! Well it isn't always!!! And it is not always
possible to find a home for animals or no kill shelters. There are
not always no kill shelters everywhere. The ones near me require that
animals be neutered / spayed and up on all their shots amd in good
health. Well for someone on a fixed income we all can not afford to
have all that done. Does that mean we are to let them stay on the
street where they are easy prey?!?!

Tell you what - post your address and next time I have to put one down
because of the abuse it has sufferd at the hands of the riff raff in
the area (Which I have had to do several times) I will send you the
remains so you can see what they went through just so they could stay
out of a shelter and fend for themselves!!

Sorry for carrying on but I get tired of listening to people carry on
about shelters whether they be kill or no kill. Sometimes, depending
on the area and conditions, they DO have more of a chance being in any
type of shelter!!!

E-mail address altered to foil spam.
Reply to news groups for all to see please.

_
/ )
(\__/) ( (
) ( ) )
={ }= / /
) `-------/ /
( /
\ |
,'\ , ,'
`-'\ ,---\ | \
_) ) `. \ /
(__/ ) )
(_/

(\__/)
)oo(
={ }=

Old July 16th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
kraut

Thanks you.

Just to show that I do find homes for them when I can I got another
stray off the street and into a home today.

It is about a year old female tiger kitty that has been hanging out
for about a week now and had no injuries or anything and was small /
young enough where I got someone to take it.

I don't want to make anyone mad but, around here we have so many coons and
wild dogs that a cat by itself has almost no chance. The "kill shelter"
here really tries to find homes. Either way it would be a hard decision and
you have done your best for all of "the left behinds". I admire you for
doing so much for them in the first place. Gramby

Old July 17th 07, 06:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

even though this is not an ideal relocation you did the best you could with
the resources you had, In an ideal world you would be able to keep him, or
the supposed human would have taken his responsibility to these cats for
real and done something himself, unfortunately, this is not an ideal world
so you did the best you could and my dad always told me that G*D didn't
punish anyone for doing their best, you are to be commended for doing what
you could, and I am sure if you hear of someone wanting the cat or an orange
one maybe they can go and get him, Soft
kraut wrote in message
Don't know if any of yous remember a while back me mentioning a
neighbor that had six or seven cats and was moving. I was trying to
find homes for them with his permission since they were legally his.

Well he moved 3 days ago and now says he can not have cats where he
is going although he has 4 dogs he took with him. The cats were left
behind which makes them fair game for me now especially if they come
to my place to eat (So says the local shelter - and me!!).

Two of them have now went to be barn cats in a heated barn with a
heated water dish and all the dry food they want, one went to a home
and yesterday the smallest and freindliest went to the local Humane
Society which is a no-kill. I think he is the one I will miss the
most. There are 2 more that I know of. There is Blackie which is the
oldest of them all and was locked in the house because the owner of
him wanted to find a way to keep him. They are still working at

getting
some of the things out of the house yet so hopefully if they do not
take him they turn him loose so I can get him. There is also a
carmal one that has always been more of an outdoors cat that no one
can get close to, not even his "owner". After things calm down I may

have to
try the live trap.

can youze taik them to da no-kill place?
beauty

I would love to take them all to the Humane Society but the Saginaw
branch is not like the Michigan Humane Society on Animal Cops on
Animal Planet. The people there are all volunteers and the space they
occupy is about the size of my 3 bedroom apartment and it is overrun
by cats so they try to take the younger, tamer, ETC cats that are more
adoptable.

I have the carmal or orange one to get yet for sure. He is the only
one I see there yet. I feel so sorry for him. He lays on the steps
there where he used to live all by himself now that the people have
moved and I have gotten the rest of them (As far as I know). He looks
so lonely that I feel like crying every time I see him there in the
evening. He probably wonders why everyone has deserted him. At least
he knows that he can still find food and water at our place yet. I am
not giving up on him even though he is a loner and does not trust
people (Even his so called ex owner). I will hopefully win him over
before winter!!

You and the kitties have our purrayers. That caramel kitty is furry
lucky to have an angel like you watching offer him. We're sure you'll
be successful.

I have finally gotten the last of the left behind cats (The carmal or
orange one). He tryed to get the tuna I left in the live trap and
instead I got him!!! :-)

The down side is that the only place that would take him was a shelter
that was not a "no kill" shelter!! I may be wrong for feeling this
way and will probably get some flack but I feel that a shelter that is
not a no kill is better then him all of a sudden becoming a homeless
cat having to fend for himself. At least there he has some chance of
getting a home. More so then his chancing of making it on his own on

Old July 17th 07, 06:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

that depends on what the open is, where I live that is true, except for the
short period of time where the spawn of hell lived behind me and liked to
set things on fire, didn't matter if they were breathing or not, Soft

--
Regards,
Fred