Sleepless Cats

Old November 10th 06, 12:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
hwndelite

Default Sleepless Cats

Every single night at 2am. for about 2-3hrs.both of my Cats go on a running
thru the house and playing with eachother spree & they often knock down
things. They get so loud that they wake me every single time, they drive
me completely nuts. Does anyone have any suggestions how to make them
stop. Help me please.

Old November 11th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Lesley

hwndelite wrote:
Every single night at 2am. for about 2-3hrs.both of my Cats go on a running
thru the house and playing with eachother spree & they often knock down
things. They get so loud that they wake me every single time, they drive
me completely nuts. Does anyone have any suggestions how to make them
stop. Help me please.

Where are you? Cats are crepusular (Forgive sp) which is to say the are
most active at dawn and dusk (When in the wild it's a good time for
hunting). Our cats often wake at about 4am (UK time) and proceed to
bounce off the walls and off our heads (and anyone sound asleep who has
recieved a direct hit on the bladder has my sympathy!) . They're just
being cats

Suggestions

1. If they are not already banned from the bedroom at night it might be
a good idea. Ours aren't banned and ever since they were kittens have
always slept in there but they're smart enough to know that too much
wildness at unholy hours will swiftly result in the offender being
dumped in the hallway and the door shut

2 Wear them out! Before going to bed 20+ minutes of feather onna stick,
mousies, whatever they like...as in really vigourous exercise, will
usually tire them out enough that they will put off their galloping
about until a more civilised hour and its also good for their general
health to get some exercise. Follow this with a good meal

3 Pull the covers round your ears and ignore them. This may take some
patience on your part but eventually they learn to go off and play
somewhere else and eventually you'll learn to be asleep even if they
are trying all sorts of moves to get your attention! After all from
their point of view they just want you to share in the fun!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old November 13th 06, 07:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
oldhickory

keep them up ALL day, that's the only thing we found that works.

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

"Lesley" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old November 14th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Lesley

oldhickory wrote:
keep them up ALL day, that's the only thing we found that works.

Not good for them as cats need their sleep and lots of it!

Seriously half an hour/20 minutes of intensive play- good time to being
out the red laser dot greeble (Dunzi doesn't really do games as a hippy
in her previous life competitive games are not her thing-especially as
Sarsi's previous incarnation was a punk given her tendency to pogo all
over the place- but show her the red laser dot greeble and she's right
in there!) then they get the biggest meal of the day and their
favourite- MUNCHIES!

Well it works for us. They are tired out and have a large supper and go
to bed until at least 7am. Guess I taught them young, at weekends they
get fed when someone gets up (Not cruel they always have something to
nibble on overnight if they get peckish) and they don't really wake us
up apart from occasional demands for skritchies