OT - A Supposedly Simple Quiz

Old August 27th 04, 03:22 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Default OT - A Supposedly Simple Quiz

OK, at first glance you will think that this is a piece of cake - but take a
closer look... Answers at the bottom (no peeking)
1. On a standard traffic light, is the green on the top or bottom?

2. How many states are there? (Don't laugh, some people don't know)

3. In which hand is the Statue of Liberty's torch?

4. What six colors are on the classic Campbell's soup label?

5. What two letters don't appear on the telephone dial? (No cheating! They
DO appear on most cell phones, though.)

6. What two numbers on the telephone dial don't have letters by them?

7. When you walk does your left arm swing with your right or left leg?

8. How many matches are in a standard pack?

9. On the United States flag, is the top stripe red or white?

10. What is the lowest number on the FM dial?

11. Which way does water go down the drain, counter or clockwise?

12. Which way does a "no smoking" sign's slash run?

13. How many channels on a VHF TV dial?

14. Which side of a women's blouse are the buttons on?

15. On a NY license plate, is New York on the top or bottom?

16. Which way do fans rotate?

17. Whose face is on a dime?

18. How many sides does a stop sign have?

19. Do books have even-numbered pages on the right or left side?

20. How many lug nuts are on a standard car wheel?

21. How many sides are there on a standard pencil?

22. Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc. Who's missing?

23. How many hot dog buns are in a standard package?

24. On which playing card is the card maker's trademark?

25. On which side of a Venetian blind is the cord that adjusts the opening
between the slats (but since no really uses 'Venetian's blinds any more,
which side is the cord on that adjusts the angle of the slats on
mini-blinds? - answer is the same for both)?

26. On the back of a $1 bill, what is in the center?

27. There are 12 buttons on a touch tone phone. What 2 symbols bear no
digits?

28. How many curves are there in the standard paper clip?

29. Does a merry-go-round turn counter or clockwise?

1. Bottom

2. 50 (please tell me you got this one!)

3. Right

4. Blue, red, white, yellow, black, & gold

5. Q, Z

6. 1, 0 (the number zero, while not having any of the alphabet on it, does
usually have "OPER" on it, standing for operator)

7. Right

8. 20

9. Red

10. 88

11. Counter (north of the equator)

12. Towards bottom right

13. 12 (no #1)

14. Left

15. Top

16. Clockwise as you look at it

17. Roosevelt (Franklin, not Theodore)

18. 8

19. Left

20. 5

21. 6

22. Bashful

23. 8 (but there are 10 hotdogs in a pack, can anyone explain the logic in
THAT to me?)

24. Ace of spades

25. Left

26. ONE

27. * #

28. 3

29. Counter

How did you do?? I missed #s 3 (I could only think of 5 colors), 12 (for the
life of me I couldn't remember), 17 (I thought it was Dwight D "Ike"
Eisenhower - didn't think to look at my pocket change), 21 (for some strange
reason, I thought there were 8 sides on a pencil)... and for # 22 I had to
go through the dwarves names 5 times before I remembered the 7th one!!!

The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©
http://www.geocities.com/the_magic_mood_jeep/

Old August 27th 04, 04:44 AM
Jeanette

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote in message
OK, at first glance you will think that this is a piece of cake - but take

closer look... Answers at the bottom (no peeking)
1. On a standard traffic light, is the green on the top or bottom?

bottom.

2. How many states are there? (Don't laugh, some people don't know)

In the US? Fifty.

3. In which hand is the Statue of Liberty's torch?

No idea

4. What six colors are on the classic Campbell's soup label?

Dunno, never buy it.

5. What two letters don't appear on the telephone dial? (No cheating! They
DO appear on most cell phones, though.)

What dial?

6. What two numbers on the telephone dial don't have letters by them?

Again, what dial?

7. When you walk does your left arm swing with your right or left leg?

right

8. How many matches are in a standard pack?

I don't know, I never buy matches.

9. On the United States flag, is the top stripe red or white?

No idea

10. What is the lowest number on the FM dial?

At a guess, something in the low 80's

11. Which way does water go down the drain, counter or clockwise?

Both, it's a myth that it does either consistently

12. Which way does a "no smoking" sign's slash run?

bottom left to top right, /

13. How many channels on a VHF TV dial?

What? I don't even understand the question. TV's come with remote controls
that have buttons on them!

14. Which side of a women's blouse are the buttons on?

er -- left?

15. On a NY license plate, is New York on the top or bottom?

I have no idea at all. I've never seen a NY license plate.

16. Which way do fans rotate?

Rotate? You hold them in your hand and flap them!

17. Whose face is on a dime?

Dimes are chocolate bars from Scandinavia. They have butterscotch in the
middle, and cheap chocolate on the outside. They don't have ANYONE'S face on
them.

18. How many sides does a stop sign have?

They are circular

19. Do books have even-numbered pages on the right or left side?

left

20. How many lug nuts are on a standard car wheel?

six? seven?

21. How many sides are there on a standard pencil?

Most of the pencils that I've seen are round.

22. Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc. Who's missing?

Bashful

23. How many hot dog buns are in a standard package?

I guess I've bought small longish bread rolls in 4's, 6's, 12's and 24's
before now. I don't think there IS a standard size in the UK. I can't think
of anything that comes in a 'standard' pack size re numbers except eggs.

24. On which playing card is the card maker's trademark?

Ace of spades?

25. On which side of a Venetian blind is the cord that adjusts the opening
between the slats (but since no really uses 'Venetian's blinds any more,
which side is the cord on that adjusts the angle of the slats on
mini-blinds? - answer is the same for both)?

left

26. On the back of a $1 bill, what is in the center?

I have no idea

27. There are 12 buttons on a touch tone phone. What 2 symbols bear no
digits?

hash and the one two places to the left of it.

28. How many curves are there in the standard paper clip?

Three

[...]

former-blonde

Old August 27th 04, 12:30 PM

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote:

OK, at first glance you will think that this is a piece of cake - but
take a closer look... Answers at the bottom (no peeking)

1. On a standard traffic light, is the green on the top or bottom?

Bottom

2. How many states are there? (Don't laugh, some people don't know)

50 - I assume this means in the USA...

3. In which hand is the Statue of Liberty's torch?

?

4. What six colors are on the classic Campbell's soup label?

Red, white, yellow, black, gold... green?

5. What two letters don't appear on the telephone dial? (No cheating! They
DO appear on most cell phones, though.)

X, Q

6. What two numbers on the telephone dial don't have letters by them?

0, 1

7. When you walk does your left arm swing with your right or left leg?

right leg

8. How many matches are in a standard pack?

20

9. On the United States flag, is the top stripe red or white?

?

10. What is the lowest number on the FM dial?

88.1

11. Which way does water go down the drain, counter or clockwise?

clockwise

12. Which way does a "no smoking" sign's slash run?

Upper left to lower right

13. How many channels on a VHF TV dial?

?

14. Which side of a women's blouse are the buttons on?

Right

15. On a NY license plate, is New York on the top or bottom?

?

16. Which way do fans rotate?

Clockwise

17. Whose face is on a dime?

FDR

18. How many sides does a stop sign have?

8

19. Do books have even-numbered pages on the right or left side?

Left side

20. How many lug nuts are on a standard car wheel?

4 (though I've heard 5... but on my cars, most of which have been
Toyotas, there are 4)

21. How many sides are there on a standard pencil?

6

22. Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc. Who's missing?

?

23. How many hot dog buns are in a standard package?

8

24. On which playing card is the card maker's trademark?

?

25. On which side of a Venetian blind is the cord that adjusts the opening
between the slats (but since no really uses 'Venetian's blinds any more,
which side is the cord on that adjusts the angle of the slats on
mini-blinds? - answer is the same for both)?

Left side

26. On the back of a $1 bill, what is in the center?

A pyramid

27. There are 12 buttons on a touch tone phone. What 2 symbols bear no
digits?

# and *

28. How many curves are there in the standard paper clip?

3

29. Does a merry-go-round turn counter or clockwise?

Counterclockwise

But I didn't look!

Joyce

Old August 27th 04, 04:11 PM
jmcquown

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
OK, at first glance you will think that this is a piece of cake

14. Which side of a women's blouse are the buttons on?

Can someone please explain to me WHY women's and men's shirts button
differently? What's the point?

Jill

Old August 27th 04, 04:53 PM
Victor Martinez

jmcquown wrote:
Can someone please explain to me WHY women's and men's shirts button
differently? What's the point?

So that husbands don't put their wives' blouses on by mistake.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 27th 04, 05:22 PM
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
Can someone please explain to me WHY women's and men's shirts button
differently? What's the point?

So that husbands don't put their wives' blouses on by mistake.

ROFL! Okay, you got me Victor!

Jill

Cute Quiz jmcquown Cat anecdotes 2 August 2nd 04 09:51 AM
A fun quiz. Tanada Cat anecdotes 27 September 2nd 03 01:18 AM