OT Rant

Old October 25th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Default OT Rant

Day 2

I HATE DIETS
I HATE DIETS
I HATE DIETS

And I am not even the one that wants to lose weight or needs to lose weight.
For the record neither does she.

I have to record every freaking calorie, trans fat, carb, protein,
cholesterol, sodium, etc. Well I could use to lower my sodium intake but
that is neither here nor there

And being watched like a hawk but oh no I can't see hers chart.

Damn someone send me some greasy fries and a hamburger I only have 142
calories I am allowed till morning just enough for some popcorn and a
raspberry tea. Dang it I want some vanilla ice cream and my oatmeal raisin
cookies ( 2 ) but that is 250

I HATE DIETS
I HATE DIETS
I HATE DIETS

Old October 25th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Matthew" wrote in message
Day 2

I HATE DIETS
I HATE DIETS
I HATE DIETS

And I am not even the one that wants to lose weight or needs to lose
weight. For the record neither does she.

I have to record every freaking calorie, trans fat, carb, protein,
cholesterol, sodium, etc. Well I could use to lower my sodium intake
but that is neither here nor there

And being watched like a hawk but oh no I can't see hers chart.

Damn someone send me some greasy fries and a hamburger I only have
142 calories I am allowed till morning just enough for some popcorn and a
raspberry tea. Dang it I want some vanilla ice cream and my oatmeal
raisin cookies ( 2 ) but that is 250

I HATE DIETS
I HATE DIETS
I HATE DIETS

My father used to cheat on my mother, and he even took me with him.

Out for warm apple pie with ice cream. And Mom just thought he was being
helpful by taking me anywhere I needed to go. Thought I'd never get a
drivers license though.

Jo

Old October 25th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tish

BTDT and hated every second.
I found that the low GI way of eating (note: NOT a diet!) suited me
far better and had led to me losing a useful quantity of weight.
Tish

Old October 25th 06, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 23:06:33 +0000, Matthew wrote:

Day 2

I HATE DIETS
I HATE DIETS
I HATE DIETS

And I am not even the one that wants to lose weight or needs to lose weight.
For the record neither does she.

I have to record every freaking calorie, trans fat, carb, protein,
cholesterol, sodium, etc. Well I could use to lower my sodium intake but
that is neither here nor there

And being watched like a hawk but oh no I can't see hers chart.

Damn someone send me some greasy fries and a hamburger I only have 142
calories I am allowed till morning just enough for some popcorn and a
raspberry tea. Dang it I want some vanilla ice cream and my oatmeal raisin
cookies ( 2 ) but that is 250

I HATE DIETS
I HATE DIETS
I HATE DIETS

METHUSELAH

Methuselah ate what he found on his plate
And never as people do now
Did he note the amount of the calorie count;
He ate it because it was chow.
He wasn't disturbed as at dinner he sat
Devouring a roast or a pie,
To think it was loaded with all kinds of fat
Or a couple of vitamins shy.
He cheerfully chewed every species of food,
Unmindful of worries or fears,
That his heart might be hurt
by a fancy dessert
and he lived over nine hundred years.
(Author unknown)

Old October 25th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
-L.

Matthew wrote:
Day 2

I HATE DIETS
I HATE DIETS
I HATE DIETS

I don't know what diet you are following but that sounds incredibly
stupid.

-L.

Old October 25th 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

wrote:

Day 2

I HATE DIETS
I HATE DIETS
I HATE DIETS

And I am not even the one that wants to lose weight or needs to lose weight.
For the record neither does she.

Ummm... why diet if you don't need to?
Old October 25th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda

I LOVED the South Beach Diet. No calorie counting, it's healthy, and you
can have sugar free fudgesickles every day! It was designed by a heart
doctor, not by anyone in Hollywood.

I've been on it for over a year now. I basically wanted to just eat and
feel healthy and lose a few pounds, but I lost a bunch. I had no idea I
had that much to lose, ha!

Rhonda

Old October 25th 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

wrote:

Day 2

I HATE DIETS
I HATE DIETS
I HATE DIETS

And I am not even the one that wants to lose weight or needs to lose
weight.
For the record neither does she.

Ummm... why diet if you don't need to?

The DW is one so I am stuck on one the things you do for love

Old October 25th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"Matthew" wrote in message

I HATE DIETS
I HATE DIETS
I HATE DIETS

And I am not even the one that wants to lose weight or needs to lose
weight. For the record neither does she.

OK, I don't understand this. I thought you said it was your DW who was
going on a diet. Why are you also required to be on it?? OK, maybe she
does the cooking, so I guess that means low-calorie food for dinner.
But if you don't want to restrict yourself to that, you do have a few
choices he (1) cook your own dinner, eat whatever you like, or (2) eat
what DW makes, but supplement that with something else later, or during
the meal.

I don't even believe in dieting, because they make people act just like
you're acting, which is to eat food that you hate, and be miserable and
hungry. So maybe you'll lose a few pounds, and as soon as the diet's over,
you're going to be so overjoyed about it, you'll eat cheeseburgers and
ice cream and donuts for weeks.. and gain it all back. Which by the way
is horrible for you (losing and regaining, that is).

Why not just decide to eat healthy food, and not worry about your weight?
Doesn't even sound like anyone's told you that you should worry about it.
You can still have cheeseburgers once in a while. I eat a very healthy
diet, but my motto is "never say never". I want something junky but
fun, once in a while? I have it! I just don't eat junk food all the time.

Of course, if your DW wants to diet, that's her business. But nobody's
forcing you to go along with it. Just because you're married doesn't mean
you have to do everything exactly the same!

Joyce - and that's my rant!
Old October 25th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

wrote in message
"Matthew" wrote in message

[...]

I do the cooking. I do the shopping. I cook healthy already you have seen
some of my recipes I have posted before

I don't need to be on one. I am at the weight I need to be at. I could
lower my sodium intake tho will admit that

She is on one so I am on one

It is different for women than men I want to still get some and sleep
soundly :-)