OT Vegemite *Not* Banned in US

Old October 28th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

Default OT Vegemite *Not* Banned in US

feverish wrote:
Dewi wrote:

wafflycat wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message

I reckon I could manage without vegemite if I had to, although Marmite
& Promite are poor alternatives, they'd do in a pinch I guess. But life
wouldn't be worth living without timtams. There is nothing in this
world (that I know of) that even comes close to the Timtam.

MMMM.... Timtams.

Yowie

Fear not. Both Vegemite & Timtams are available in the UK. Vegemite is
superior to Marmite, but Timtams aren't as good as Penguins ;-)

I remember Penguin bars from when I was holidaying in London as a
youngester (back in the 70s). My memory of London is largely filled
with memories of me grazing though lollies (i.e. sweets) like jelly
babies, penguin bars and some sort of really hard candy that my dad had
to bash on a fence so as to break it up into smaller pieces. You can
tell what my priorities were at the time, sweets, sweets and more
sweets.

I recently asked a friend of mine, who is English, if Penguin bars
still existed and if they tasted like Tim Tams. She assured they were
still about, they weren't as nice as Tim Tams (in her opinion) but
insisted that chocolate in the UK is heaps better than the chocolate in
Australia.

Dewi.

Dewi!

I spoke to my friend in NewZealand last night and he assured me that he's
got ready supply of both Vegemite and something he says he prefers,
Marmite.

He's going to send me a jar of both when I get settled in my new place.

So.. my Vegemite/Marmite experience will continue soon.

-feverish

LOL! I hope you don't hate it. Remember only a use a tiny amount, say
about a 1/4 teaspoon or less for beginners on toast, and don't skimp
on the butter or margerine. If you do hate it, you can always use it
in soups and stews. You only need about a teaspoon and dissolve in hot
water first, as you would a stock cube. My dad and DH use it regularly
in these sorts of dishes.

Dewi.

Old October 28th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

Kreisleriana wrote:

I remember Penguin bars from when I was holidaying in London as a
youngester (back in the 70s). My memory of London is largely filled
with memories of me grazing though lollies (i.e. sweets) like jelly
babies, penguin bars and some sort of really hard candy that my dad had
to bash on a fence so as to break it up into smaller pieces. You can
tell what my priorities were at the time, sweets, sweets and more
sweets.

That's still my priority. I sneaked a bag of Trebor mints that I
can't get here, past customs, last time I went. :P

I recently asked a friend of mine, who is English, if Penguin bars
still existed and if they tasted like Tim Tams. She assured they were
still about, they weren't as nice as Tim Tams (in her opinion) but
insisted that chocolate in the UK is heaps better than the chocolate in
Australia.

Dewi.

The average commercial chocolate bar you pick up in a corner store in
the UK is much better than its American counterpart. I remember
getting a Cadbury bar out of a machine in a Tube station, and it was
just wonderful. Anything like that here would be inedible.

Theresa

I've tried some American chocolate bars. Recently I sampled my first
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. I quite liked it. Alot sweeter but also a
bit salty. The saltiness went surprisingly well. Overall it's probably
a bit too sweet for me to eat frequently. I also tried a Babe Ruth bar
(I think that's what it was called), that was definitely too sweet for
my liking.

Dewi.

Old October 28th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

feverish wrote:

Dewi!

I spoke to my friend in NewZealand last night and he assured me that he's
got ready supply of both Vegemite and something he says he prefers,
Marmite.

He's going to send me a jar of both when I get settled in my new place.

So.. my Vegemite/Marmite experience will continue soon.

-feverish

I just had a look at my measuring spoons and a 1/4 of a teaspoon is way
too much vegemite. Use less than 1/8th a teaspoon of vegemite on your
toast.

Dewi.

Old October 28th 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
feverish

Dewi wrote:

feverish wrote:

Dewi!

I spoke to my friend in NewZealand last night and he assured me that he's
got ready supply of both Vegemite and something he says he prefers,
Marmite.

He's going to send me a jar of both when I get settled in my new place.

So.. my Vegemite/Marmite experience will continue soon.

-feverish

I just had a look at my measuring spoons and a 1/4 of a teaspoon is way
too much vegemite. Use less than 1/8th a teaspoon of vegemite on your
toast.

Good grief!!! That's potent stuff!!

-feverish
Old October 28th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
feverish

kilikini wrote:

feverish wrote:
Dewi wrote:

wafflycat wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message

Dewi!

I spoke to my friend in NewZealand last night and he assured me that
he's got ready supply of both Vegemite and something he says he
prefers, Marmite.

He's going to send me a jar of both when I get settled in my new
place.

So.. my Vegemite/Marmite experience will continue soon.

-feverish

Hey, I didn't realize you were in this group, too, sweetie! Where in the
heck have I been? Oh, yeah, probably in between appointments. LOL.

kili

Hey Kili!!

I found this group on one of those insomnia nights. Started reading and
liked it. Thing is, I don't even have a cat! (or should I say, no cat has
me?) Yet.. when I head off to Colorado, there are 3 cats waiting there at
my bf's house. He's a cat dude.

How're you feeling? You've been in my thoughts and meditations since I met
you..

-feverish
Old October 28th 06, 09:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

feverish wrote:
kilikini wrote:

feverish wrote:
Dewi wrote:

wafflycat wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message

[...]

I'm doing as well as I can be. I'll probably be in surgery within a week or
so.

kili
--
http://www.caringbridge.com/view/kilikini