Man accused of killing cat, hanging its head on a tree

Old January 13th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Man accused of killing cat, hanging its head on a tree

Man accused of killing cat, hanging its head on a tree

January 13, 2006, 9:42 AM EST

MILAN, N.Y. (AP) _ A Hudson Valley man was accused of shooting his
cat, chopping off its head and hanging the severed head from a tree
after the animal urinated on a carpet.

Robert See, 30, of the rural Dutchess County town of Milan, was
charged Wednesday with animal cruelty, killing a cat by gunshot and
discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling, the Daily Freeman
of Kingston reported Friday.

Authorities told the newspaper See admitted to killing the cat in
anger after the animal urinated on a carpet in his home.

Doug Niederkorn, a law-enforcement officer with the Dutchess County
Society for the Prevention of Cruelty of Animals, said See shot the
cat with a high-powered rifle then chopped off the animal's head with
an ax, placed the head in a bag and hung the bag from a tree on a
neighboring property.

"The cat was a large cat, so (See) wanted his skull," Niederkorn said.
"He was going to add the skull to his skull collection."

All three charges lodged against See are misdemeanors, and he could
face up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine if convicted.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wi...gion-apnewyork
Old January 13th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default animal abuse article

Andy wrote:
snip

If you insist on posting animal abuse articles, would you do some of us
a favor out of common courtesy and not descibe the abuse in the header?
All you have to do is label it "animal abuse article". Those who
want to read that kind of thing will. Thanks.
-L.

Old January 14th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Sick *******

SEE, ROBERT845-758-2745
82 Indian Rd
Red Hook, NY 12571

Old January 14th 06, 06:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

He's a **** worm! Disgusting. =õ(

Old January 14th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

perhaps he should add his own skull to his collection.

Old January 15th 06, 10:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Andy wrote:
snip

If you insist on posting animal abuse articles, would you do some of us
a favor out of common courtesy and not descibe the abuse in the header?
All you have to do is label it "animal abuse article". Those who
want to read that kind of thing will. Thanks.
-L.

And if the possibility of being offended is so overwhelming to you, then
perhaps Usenet is not an apprpriate venue for you to explore. Either grow a
bit of a hide or find a safer environment to be such a silly ****.

Old January 15th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

I think that this guy should not have any kinds of pets to begin with.

Old January 16th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

RobZip wrote:
And if the possibility of being offended is so overwhelming to you, then
perhaps Usenet is not an apprpriate venue for you to explore. Either grow a
bit of a hide or find a safer environment to be such a silly ****.

It's called common courtesy, idiot. It's not offensive to me but maybe
somebody just lost their cat tragically, ya know? Not that I'd expect
that to cross *your* mind.
-L.

Old January 16th 06, 05:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

RobZip wrote:
And if the possibility of being offended is so overwhelming to you, then
perhaps Usenet is not an apprpriate venue for you to explore. Either

grow a
bit of a hide or find a safer environment to be such a silly ****.

It's called common courtesy, idiot. It's not offensive to me but maybe
somebody just lost their cat tragically, ya know? Not that I'd expect
that to cross *your* mind.
-L.

Of course you were offended by it - why else would you invoke a call for
'common courtesy' otherwise? Then in response to me you claim a call for
sensitivity on behalf of unspecified others who may have tragically lost a
pet. You are a meddlesome **** who enjoys inflicting a contrary opinion just
for the sake of making noise. I suppose all of us should quit living and
having discussion on any and all subjects just because someone may be going
through a period of heightened sensitivity? Bull****... Following your logic
it would be inappropriate to talk of buying a car for my son because
someone's child may have recently been killed in their first car. Nobody
should talk about how they care for an aging parent since someone elses' may
have recently died? It's just a tough old world out there sometimes, isn't
it?
Tragic stuff happens - outrageous stuff happens... and people will talk
about it - graphically.

Old January 16th 06, 08:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

RobZip wrote:

Of course you were offended by it - why else would you invoke a call for
'common courtesy' otherwise?

Um, because I know some people who read the ng are bothered by such
posts. It's a topic that has arisen before, long before you reared
your ugly head and will be in affect long after you are gone, as well.

Then in response to me you claim a call for
sensitivity on behalf of unspecified others who may have tragically lost a
pet.

It was merely one example. There are plenty of people who appreciate a
warning before being exposed to the cruel and gruesome.

You are a meddlesome **** who enjoys inflicting a contrary opinion just
for the sake of making noise. I suppose all of us should quit living and
having discussion on any and all subjects just because someone may be going
through a period of heightened sensitivity? Bull****... Following your logic
it would be inappropriate to talk of buying a car for my son because
someone's child may have recently been killed in their first car. Nobody
should talk about how they care for an aging parent since someone elses' may
have recently died? It's just a tough old world out there sometimes, isn't
it?
Tragic stuff happens - outrageous stuff happens... and people will talk
about it - graphically.

Only uncivil people like you, Nancy.
(If you aren't her, you're certainly her clone...)

-L.

Why don't I have a Christmas tree? Cheryl Cat anecdotes 13 December 17th 05 09:14 PM
red cat in tree ... lewe Cat anecdotes 5 September 4th 05 12:40 PM
Taking Down The Tree With Mommy CatNipped Cat anecdotes 14 January 18th 05 12:26 AM
Decorating the Tree With Mommy CatNipped Cat anecdotes 53 January 17th 05 11:59 PM