"Ghost Cat" movie

Old November 3rd 03, 06:31 PM
Dan Mahoney

Default "Ghost Cat" movie

The movie "Ghost Cat" on Animal Planet played again yesterday, and I was
able to tape it this time. If anyone wants to borrow the tape, just drop
me an e-mail. That is, anyone with an NTSC tv rather than PAL.

Old November 3rd 03, 11:25 PM
OU812?

Dan Mahoney wrote:
The movie "Ghost Cat" on Animal Planet played again yesterday, and I
was able to tape it this time. If anyone wants to borrow the tape,
just drop me an e-mail. That is, anyone with an NTSC tv rather than
PAL.

huh? I live in NB, Canada, and have a VHS vcr. Not sure what NTSC or PAL
mean.

Kristy
who would indeed like to see the movie

--
"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly." - Arthur Carlson

Old November 4th 03, 12:02 AM
Dan Mahoney

huh? I live in NB, Canada, and have a VHS vcr. Not sure what NTSC or PAL
mean.

Kristy
who would indeed like to see the movie

I don't remember what the acronyms stand for. But NTSC is the standard
used in North America, and PAL is the standard used in Europe. If you're
in Canada, then your TV ought to be NTSC.

I'd be glad to mail you a tape. If you'll e-mail me your mailing
address, I'll get a tape out to you.

Dan

Old November 4th 03, 07:44 PM
Margaret Fine

Dan Mahoney wrote:
The movie "Ghost Cat" on Animal Planet played again yesterday, and I was
able to tape it this time. If anyone wants to borrow the tape, just drop
me an e-mail. That is, anyone with an NTSC tv rather than PAL.

Hi Dan,

Was this the movie with the cat named Margaret? I wanted to write and
ask about it (we don't get animal planet) but it sounded like you were
having such a rough time that I didn't want to bother you. Can borrow
it next?

BTW, How is your Mom?

Margaret
--
Margaret Fine

Old November 4th 03, 07:59 PM
Dan Mahoney

Hi Dan,

Was this the movie with the cat named Margaret? I wanted to write and
ask about it (we don't get animal planet) but it sounded like you were
having such a rough time that I didn't want to bother you. Can borrow
it next?

BTW, How is your Mom?

Margaret

That's the one!

Things have settled down nicely, thanks. And Mom's doing much better -
the damage the dog did is healing nicely.

I'll definitely put you on the list next. In fact, I haven't sent the
tape out to the first requester yet, so I'll see if I can make another
copy without degrading the video quality too badly.

Old November 4th 03, 08:37 PM
Margaret Fine

Dan Mahoney wrote:
Hi Dan,

Was this the movie with the cat named Margaret? I wanted to write and
ask about it (we don't get animal planet) but it sounded like you were
having such a rough time that I didn't want to bother you. Can
borrow it next?

BTW, How is your Mom?

Margaret

That's the one!

Things have settled down nicely, thanks. And Mom's doing much better -
the damage the dog did is healing nicely.

I'll definitely put you on the list next. In fact, I haven't sent the
tape out to the first requester yet, so I'll see if I can make another
copy without degrading the video quality too badly.

Thanks! I guess I should ask--this is VHS, right? Let me know what I
owe you for shipping (and the tape if you don't want it back).

I'm glad that your Mom is feeling better. Did they do anything to the
dog or dog owner?
--
Margaret Fine

Old November 4th 03, 09:11 PM
Dan Mahoney

Thanks! I guess I should ask--this is VHS, right? Let me know what I
owe you for shipping (and the tape if you don't want it back).

I'm glad that your Mom is feeling better. Did they do anything to the
dog or dog owner?

Yes, it's VHS. So far the animal control people have quarantined the dog
(in it's own yard!), but that's probably all they're going to do. We'll
see what the dog's owners do, though, when they're through dealing with
a civil suit.

Old November 4th 03, 09:58 PM
polonca12000

I'm so glad your mom is feeling better.
Lots of healing vibes and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Dan Mahoney" wrote in message
Things have settled down nicely, thanks. And Mom's doing much better -
the damage the dog did is healing nicely.

snip

Old November 5th 03, 02:48 AM
Takayuki

Dan Mahoney wrote:
The movie "Ghost Cat" on Animal Planet played again yesterday, and I was
able to tape it this time. If anyone wants to borrow the tape, just drop
me an e-mail. That is, anyone with an NTSC tv rather than PAL.

It sounds like an interesting movie. I wonder if they'll be showing
it again?

Old November 5th 03, 03:36 AM

Dan Mahoney wrote:

I'll definitely put you on the list next. In fact, I haven't sent the
tape out to the first requester yet, so I'll see if I can make another
copy without degrading the video quality too badly.

I can help with this as well, since I also taped this movie. Why should
Dan have to do all the work? Mine's also a VHS tape, from the USA, so
therefore it's NTSC format. So that means it's useless to those in Burope
and Australia, unfortunately. (Unless you have a North American VCR.)
But it will work on Canadian VCRs.

Send me an email if you're interested. Be sure to remove the X's from
my user name (jwermont), or it will not be delivered! (But leave the X's
*in* if you reply with a newsgroup post!)

Joyce