why does she bite me!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 15th 04, 04:54 PM
~*Connie*~

Default why does she bite me!

she bites because she's playing, and hasn't learned that you don't like it.
you have taught her that it is ok and fun to be bitten. Next time she bites
you. stop all movement till she lets go, then put her on the floor and
ignore her. Eventually she'll learn that you don't like it. If you do like
it, but she's biting too hard, just stop all movement till she lets go, then
start up again.

"MadHatter" wrote in message
Shaina clearly loves me. she follows me around everywhere. if i go
to my room from my bf's room where we usually sleep, she follows me
and lies down on the bed, or just tries to play. she "grooms" me.
mostly my hands, but sometimes she grooms my face. she sleeps next to
me in the morning and when she wakes up she pets my face and "hugs" my
arms. then later on, she gets totally nuts running around and trying
to destroy things in the house and that includes my hands. she
pounces on my hands and while gently hugging them, bites A LOT! she
tires to bite legs, but i guess it's not that fun for her. when she
plays, she'll pounce on anything, including hands. she might by
accident jump on my face, but she just "steps" on it with her paws.
her paws pose now danger whatsoever. she never extends her claws
during play, unless she is falling and she tries to catch onto
something. she miscalculates her jumps, sometimes.
i play-hunt with her, but when i am otherwise occupied and she wants
to play, she starts biting. she does bite my boyfriend occasionally,
but not as hard as she bites me. i dont' understand why she bites me
harder than she bites him. he can carry her around for about 5 min on
his arm (his arms are bigger than mine, obviously) and she'll just sit
there. with me, she wiggles out, but i guess it's just uncomfortable
for her to sit that way. i do spend more time with her. does she
"think" i am a cat? if i had fur, her bites wouldn't hurt so much.
i just don't understand this.

-L