is this normal?

Old February 11th 04, 04:26 PM
frigamia

Did I come out like an irresponsible person to you?

I have 4 cats, 3 spayed, 1 pregnant. They grew up here, in love, caresses
and good care. They have good first quality food that I buy at my vet, they
have nice big litter boxes that I clean once or twice a day. I can't sleep
if one of them isn't in the house at night. Those cats are my babies, my
family. Be absolutely certain that I would NEVER mistreat a cat or any other
creature for that matter. Those kittens are a choice that I made after
making sure mommy cat was in good health and good shape. I have a reason for
letting this happen and I know EXACTLY when and with what cat she coupled. I
count the days and make sure the pregnancy is going all right. Mommy cat is
happy, purrs all the time, talks to us, is active although she rests a lot
in her bithing box that I put up for her. A clean box, with confortable
layers of sheets... in the most quiet corner of my room, where the other
cats aren't allowed. Do you think I would dump kittens, when I take such
good care of my cats? No. I wouldn't.

I understand your concern. Unfortunately, a bunch of people are, indeed,
irresponsible with their animal and let everything happen without caring
much or at all. Read my posts again... and then if you got something
positive and encouraging to tell me, you are welcome to do so. Otherwise,
please, keep your comments for you. I do not need them. I am happy for the
miracle of Life.

Mia, Misha and the babies to come.

"Luvskats00" wrote in message
I hope that you have pledges for homes for the kittens when they are ready

separate from the mother cat. Whatever the reason you allowed this to

happen,
you should step up to the plate and assume full responsibility. Don't go

the market with a box and a sign saying free kittens...don't swing by the
shelter and dump the kittens...act responsively.

Old February 11th 04, 04:27 PM
frigamia

Thank you very much, Laura, for your input.

Mia, Misha and the belly

"Laura R." wrote in message
.. .
circa Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:27:03 -0500, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
frigamia ) said,
Here comes the thing...
Misha has been eating SO much lately. I had noticed that she was eating

more
before I put her on kitten food, which is normal with the pregnancy...

But
now that I feed her away from the other ones, I notice it even more. She

is
asking for food very often. I'm wondering if it's ok? Should I give her

food
each time she asks for it? or is this just because she likes it so much?
She,s always been a good eater, but now I'm afraid to give her too much.

was thinking I could give her the kitten food 3 times a day, and if she

is
more hungry, the "adult" food is always available at "the normal cat

food
place". What should I do? I know she needs to eat smaller portions, more
often in the day, because of the pregnancy and the belly taking so much
space ...

While she's pregnant and nursing, I'd let her eat as much as she
likes, personally.

Laura
--
I am Dyslexia of Borg,
Your ass will be laminated.

Old February 11th 04, 05:05 PM

Kaeli wrote:
While I certainly don't advocate the
breeding of cats by people who aren't
professional breeders of show quality cats
(especially when over 7 MILLION cats
and dogs are killed yearly in the US alone
because of lack of homes)

And what exactly gives professional breeders and their animals special
privileges and makes them not responsible for taking away homes from
those dead dogs and cats?
Do the math. There are X amount of homes and Y amounts of homeless
animals. ANYONE that intentionally adds to Y is responsible for the
deaths of Y as Y is *always* greater than X.
Just because a cat has papers does not mean it or its breeder has
special privileges or is immune from ethics.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old February 11th 04, 05:39 PM

Mia wrote:
Did I come out like an irresponsible
person to you?

And followed that with:
I have 4 cats, 3 spayed, 1 pregnant.

Breeding cats when millions are dying for lack of homes IS
irresponsible.

snip attempt to justify irresponsible actions

Otherwise, please, keep your comments
for you. I do not need them.

Whether you need them or not is irrelevant. You posted to a public
forum, and anybody can respond and say anything they like despite your
protestations. If you don't like it, tough.

I am happy for the miracle of Life.

There is no "miracle of life" for the millions that are killed for lack
of homes, and you need to take responsibility for the results of your
intentional breeding:
http://community.webtv.net/zuzu22/overpopulation