4AM Wakeup Horror!!!

Old September 9th 03, 08:24 AM
IBen Getiner

"Chamal Panditharatne" wrote in message ...
I have recently got a cat. The cat has a habit of waking up at around 4 or
5AM. The cat also has a habit of waking the household by her insistent
scratching and meowing. Does any one here know of a way of stopping her
doing this?

Please Help!
Chamal

First off, unless you've been living on Neptune, you should know that
cats are nocturnal (nite creatures). They sleep all day while you work
and then they want to play all nite long when you're trying to sleep.
If you listen to any of these airheads in this group, they'll try to
tell you that you should try to adjust YOUR schedule around the cat. I
say NUTS.
Understand this..... you're never in a million years going to get this
cat to change to your way of living. The only thing you can do that
REALLY WORKS is to do as my wife and I have done. Put the cat in a
seperate room for the nite so you can get some sleep. I know that
these very same airheads here will tell you that this is somehow
cruel. But in order to understand this warped thinking, you have to
look at them a little closer. First, ask yourself this question: Why
would anyone consider this tactic cruel? It has NOTHING to do with
cruelty. It has EVERYTHING to do with the attitude "Do As Thou Will".
These people do not believe in the old fashioned principles of
discipline and sacrifice. To them, saying 'No' to a child (or a pet
for that matter) is the unpardonable sin. They are racked with mortal
doses of white liberal guilt. It's their type of thinking that has
launched this nation down the road from wince their is no return. But
that's another issue all together..
The bottom line here, Chamal, is... You have to help yourself. You
have turned to us here for that help, but it is you and you alone who
hold the power over this situation, and no other. You also have
COMPLETE power over your cat, too. Just remember that.
Do what we did... Put the cat in a vacant room until you arise. Make
sure it has plenty of food and water and the like. And then, go get
some sleep. Your cat will be FINE. Look at this situation with your
head instead of your heart. Trust IBen. I mean after all... why
wouldn't she be fine?

IBen Getiner
Old September 9th 03, 04:23 PM
Cat Protector

Trusting Iben would be your first mistake. Listen to those of us who have
experience with cats instead of this person Iben who has none and prefers to
terrorize his cat, his wife and this newsgroup because he has issues with
anger.

om...

Old September 9th 03, 04:38 PM
~*SooZy*~

[...]

Iben why do you have a cat?

Old September 9th 03, 05:03 PM
Cat Protector

I think we need to ask why he has both a cat and a wife?

Old September 9th 03, 05:03 PM
Cat Protector

Old September 9th 03, 05:03 PM
Cat Protector