[OT] Makeup

Old April 26th 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Makeup

jmcquown wrote:
-L. wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
Try some of that clear (no-colour) mascara to just enhance the
lashes you have without getting stripes on your glasses

Jill

That only works if you aren't blonde. My eyelashes are literally
colorless - as is all of my body hair. (Well, not ALL of it, but let's
not go there! :-o)
-L.

Obviously I have no idea what colour Fil's hair is. Mine has always been
blonde (well, except now I have to maintain it!) but my eyebrows and lashes
are slightly darker. At any rate, another suggestion is to apply regular
mascara and then make your second coat the clear mascara to "set" the first
coat. I've done it and it works just fine.

Fil's hair is a medium chestnut brown with natural highlights of gold
and red. No colour mascara may be worth my while to try

--Fil

Old April 26th 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tish Silberbauer wrote:
John F. Eldredge wrote:

I used to have a co-worker who used a heavy coat of foundation each
day to give herself a suntanned look. Any telephone she used was left
with an orange ear-print on it.

This image makes me LOL. The thought of someone leaving *ear* prints
is so different, and orange ones at that! It becomes a refined means
of self-parody - I wonder if your co-worker was aware of it in that
light.

That image makes me LOL too.... I think that woman must go to my
dentist. Once he said, "I'm so glad you don't wear makeup"....then he
laughed and went on to explain that the patient before me had so much
makeup on that his gloved hand kept sliding off her face.

Sherry

Old April 26th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Most beauty counters in department stores here will give you a free
makeover, with tips on how to apply it. Obviously they expect you to
buy their products, but there's no obligation. I think the Body Shop
do this too, or at least they used to. Other than that, I think it's
just practice, less is more, you can always put more on but it's harder
to take off. I used to do a little make up for bands (but they were
all male) before concerts, and some of them were so fussy!

Marcia

wrote:
I'm one of those women who just never "got" makeup. Once a good long
while, I might put on a bit of lipstick, a little rouge and some eye
shadow. But I basically preferred to go nekkid most of the time, and
so have no clue about makeup and its wonders.

Now that I'm 50, I'm thinking "Hmmm, maybe I should try a little of
this stuff." But, as I said, I am clueless.

Anybody out there know of any good websites that explain makeup with
tips etc.? I tried Googling, but found very little for some reason.
I'm looking for something that both has good step-by-step instructions
and good photos as well.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Ginger-lyn
feeling old

Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Animals in Movies Website)

Old April 26th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-26, -L. penned:

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
I'm not talking about going out and purposely tanning yourself.
But even a slight change in hue will presumably make the "perfectly
matched makeup" look off.

If you are wearing it daily you shouldn't tan. It contains
sunscreen. -L.

Okee doke.

I don't personally wear foundation type stuff, ever, but every time
I've ever used a product that involved some kind of tinting +
sunscreen, it's burned the hell out of my face. Not burn as in
sunburn, but burn as in "ow that hurts! get it off!"

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 26th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-26, jmcquown penned:
Enfilade wrote:

I don't wear foundation or concealer. It feels icky to me.
Mascara is my nightmare because it leaves stripes on my glasses (my
eyelashes are, apparently, long enough naturally). I don't wear
that either.

(snippage)
--Fil

Try some of that clear (no-colour) mascara to just enhance the
lashes you have without getting stripes on your glasses

I had the same problem as Fil if I try to use mascara, which I gave up
long ago. Thing is, the clear stuff feels just as heavy and gunky as
the regular stuff. Yech!

(Can you tell I really, really don't like makeup? The funny part is
that I can be covered head to toe in gritty mud after an epic hike or
bike ride, and that doesn't bug me.)

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 26th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-26, Enfilade penned:

Fil's hair is a medium chestnut brown with natural highlights of
gold and red.

Sounds beautiful!

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 26th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-26, CatNipped penned:
Lip liner was originally created for older women who have vertical
lines around their mouth whose lipstick would bleed into the lines
and make their lips look "spiked". Lip liner has a different
consistency that won't bleed, so lining the lips kept your lipstick
where you applied it and nowhere else. The fashion wisdom at the
time was that the lip liner should be one shade darker than the
lipstick to give definition to the lips.

Interesting. Didn't know that.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully