Rolecall: RPCA Rainbow Bridge kitties

Old November 2nd 07, 05:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
PatM

Default Rolecall: RPCA Rainbow Bridge kitties

On Oct 31, 12:16 am, (Gandalf) wrote:
It seems like the past 6 months there have been *so many* RPCA kitties
going to the Bridge.

A hard thread to read without tears.

My very first kitty was a torti some hippys down the way gave us-they
called her "Little Sh*t Head"-but in a good way! I named her Daphine
Heather I. I must have been around 8. She lived a long life and
crossed over cradled in my mom's lap.

They were all dear and priceless and wonderful in their own unique
ways, my fur-babies through the years. I find I can't start
listing...my throat wants to close up and I'll probably start
bawling. Needless to say they will never be forgotten and by Grace I
will see them again.

PatM

Old November 3rd 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Flippy[_3_]

Sylvester - Black/White Tuxedo. Cat of my childhood. He went missing one
day - my parents didn't tell me what happened to him. His favorite thing was
to sleep in front of the fireplace.

Felix - Ginger Female. Cat of my childhood. She had many, many litters of
kittens. We always seemed to find homes for the kittens. My parents never
thought of having her desexed. I was particularly attached to Felix and I
would always predict when she would have her kittens. I was in charge of
cleaning her and her birthing box. "Felix, I'm sorry you had to go through
this. I wish I had known enough to insist that my parents have you spayed."

BOF (Ball of Fluff) - Black Male. "I was 18yo when I got you. You were
killed by a speeding car at the age of 10 months. I'm sorry that I didn't
keep you safe."

Timmy - White/Tabby Male. Lost an eye after getting into a fight with a
neighbor cat. "I'm sorry that I didn't keep you safe, Timmy."

Ricky (short for Richochet) - White/Tabby Male. "You went missing one day
after I left to live overseas."

Goofy - White/Tabby Male. "You lived with me in Athens, Greece during
1984-1987. When I left I couldn't afford to bring you with me back to
Australia. My downstairs neighbor and his sister adopted you and you lived
to a ripe old age of 18 or 19."

Tarzan - Long-haired Tabby Male. My sister Esther's cat. Tarzan lived a long
and happy life with my sister.

Natasha - Long-haired Tabby Female. My sister Louise's kitty. Natasha went
missing three days after my sister died.

Romeo - Long-haired Black Male. Tribute to Romeo:
http://www.flippyscatpage.com/romeo.html

Tiffany - Long-haired White Persian Female. Tribute to Tiffy:
http://www.flippyscatpage.com/tiffany.html

Rainbow Bridge pooches: Sailor (http://www.flippyscatpage.com/sailor.html),
Zacky, Lisa, Suzie, Sammy.

.... and all the other RB kitties and pooches that I may have forgotten to
mention. You were all, each and every one of you, special.

Flippy in Melbourne, Australia.
Catpage: http://www.flippyscatpage.com

"Gandalf" wrote in message
It seems like the past 6 months there have been *so many* RPCA kitties
going to the Bridge.

By my count, no less than 11 RPCA cats have gone to the Bridge, just
since June.

I'm sorry to say that it is getting very hard to remember all of the RB
kitties, so they can be properly honored.

So I thought it would be nice to have a thread with all of the RPCA RB
kitties names in it.

I'll start.

Both of my RB kitties have been gone for a long time, although I still
miss them every day. They are buried in my back yard, under my lilac
bushes. There are stone markers where I laid them to rest.

My wonderful, outgoing, extremely friendly tuxedo lady, Lucky, went to
the Bridge on June 9, 1999, before I found RPCA. She shared 16 years
with me.

My sweet, gentle, loving all white cat, Blizzard, went to the Bridge in
April 10th, 2001. I was blessed with a long full life with her.

Some of the old timers here may remember when Blizzard went deaf, and
gave me advice to cope with her loss of hearing.

In her last year of life, Blizzard began to have trouble jumping up on
the sofa and my bed, and again I received very helpful advice from the
good people here on RPCA to help Blizzard with her decreased mobility.

I was very blessed in that both of my RB kitties lived long full lives,
and suffered no illness, until the very end.

Many other RPCA kitties have not been so fortunate, I'm very sorry to
say.

Old November 3rd 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Gandalf wrote:
[...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Karma
Isis
Sonia
Circe
Geesha
Tiki
Mojo
Sabra

All loved, and most gone before I found RPCA. I lost Mojo just about
the point where I did find myself here (September 1998), although I was
a resident at rpch+b at the time. Sabra crossed just two years ago.

I have been very lucky for a very long time.

Ginger-lyn
--
Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Old November 4th 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

My first love, Fritzie (known sometimes as "The Great Cat" in the tales of
The Prophet) went into his "retirement" December of 2003, and I still miss my
venerable boy. He was 2 months away from his 19th birthday. He spent years
trying to find ways to play crazy-like-a-fox, trying to outwit us, and did
some hilarious things--like figure out where Louie stood each morning to do
his turban, and drop a load on the floor as payback for shutting Fritzie in a
room for five minutes becuse he went on a 3 AM meowfit that kept us awake. He
could roar like a wildcat. He would let me know who was a decent man for me
and who wasn't, by his treatment; my ex-fiance, Mitch, was greeted with
Fritzie pretending to scrape litter over his shoes. Louie was shmoozed,
romanced, and fawned over. Fritzie was wise in many ways, and his
intelligence and zest for life is still missed by those who knew him.

Our Odessa-Dolly left us too early, just last month, on my and Louie's
wedding anniversary. Still, I would choose to give her peace and release from
her suffering rather than keep her around any extra time just so we could
have had the night out. I hope she knows we did what we had to, so she would
not hurt. She was four and a half months old, and suffered from a genetic
disorder that affected the ability to expectorate from the lungs, and
extended to her swallowing reflex. I miss my little Dolly; the wound is still
fresh, even as the rational part of my mind and heart knows that we did what
we must, what was humane.

In all this, though I do sometimes wonder if God is hanging around, I
remember that Odessa's passing into early retirement is the second time God
has answered the strongest and most fervent prayer I have for my babies: that
when their time comes, none leave this world alone.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old November 4th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

My dear Matthew, if you are not a married man you should be; a woman would be
honored for one such as you; for real men are the ones who have no shame in
tears. God bless you.

Matthew wrote:
I am in tears reading this thread so many master gone. I am so sorry my
friends this is a year that I will never forget. I have cried more for the
lost ones than I have in my life

I am going to hug my masters and ball my eyes out some more.

Old November 4th 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Ginger, who I had only a couple of months, before Fritzie, went MIA in the
mid 80's. Norman, who i had only a couple of months after I got Fritzie, died
of ill effects from a flea treatment. my father disposed of him in a manner
undignified to an animal's memory, and I will hope to my deathbed he will
forgive me for havig his earthly remains being trated like garbage. But i was
at my father's mercy in thoise days, and those who have known me long enouigh
here know what a ******* my father was, and how he used animals as tools in
his abuse of myself and my mother. Please join me in remembering them as well.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old November 4th 07, 07:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Dammit Matthew, I got through the entire thread with only throat-lumps
until I read that. Now I'm moist-cheeked, and I'm in an airport
departure lounge!

Your dad was a wise man.

Al.

On Nov 4, 9:00 am, "Matthew" wrote:
Twice I have been married and twice divorced. This Christmas marks on one
year single.

There will be no third unless I find a true cat lover. The last two turned
evil and tried to hurt the cats. Which I will never let happen while I
breathe.

My dad; god rest his soul, said," a man should always hold his emotions and
be strong for the ones he loves. For they need you to be strong at that
time. But he also said in the same sentence when a man cries you know it
must be bad. For when a man cries his world needs him to cry.

I never made to much sense of it till I got older but when I finally did
understand it hit me like a rock. It was the day we buried him

Thank you, May the gods bless you and yours and make it a safe journey thru
life.

Old November 5th 07, 01:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone

Rocky is the only one I've lost since I found rpca. For the first
three or four years after I moved in to this apartment he was just the
black and white feral that I fed - in fact it took a couple years
before he would even stay in the yard if he saw me. Eventually, he
decided it was time to retire from the feral life, I was lucky enough
to claim him as my cat. He was, and always will be, one of the special
ones. It doesn't seem possible, but it's been three years now that
he's been gone.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

Old November 7th 07, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Baha wrote:
Still, I would choose to give her peace and release from
her suffering rather than keep her around any extra time just so we could
have had the night out. I hope she knows we did what we had to, so she would
not hurt. She was four and a half months old,

Uh, years. Four and a half YEARS old. This is what a sinus infection and too
much medicine does to you, folks. I am at this moment making that noise
cartoon characters make when they strum the index finger across the lips and
make that fishy-bubble noise that can only come from cartoons and crazy
people.

Blessed be,
Baha

15: Rainbow Bridge David Stevenson Cat anecdotes 0 February 11th 07 12:26 AM
Rainbow Bridge MoMo via CatKB.com Cat anecdotes 10 January 20th 07 01:35 AM
Are Rainbow bridge kitties feral? Kittencloud Cat anecdotes 3 January 30th 06 07:02 PM
Rainbow Bridge Bev Cat anecdotes 3 May 25th 04 11:32 PM
Rainbow Bridge Bev Cat anecdotes 3 April 5th 04 08:15 PM