OT - Do you like Phantom of the Opera?

Old April 28th 10, 05:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

Default OT - Do you like Phantom of the Opera?

Hey folks,

I'm looking for folks who like Phantom of the Opera, and also who like
to read...

I have recently assisted in the completion of a new musical, "Angel of
Music" the untold prequel to Phantom of the Opera, and I'm looking for
a few select folks to read a copy of the script and give me feedback.

It is just the script only, as the music has not been composed yet,
but my friend and I have worked hard on this and we are having our
first reading this weekend.

I am being selective in who i give the script to, because even though
the script is copyrighted, i would prefer not to have it all over the
internet, for obvious reasons.

So I'm looking for folks who are willing to read the script, keep it
confidential and also willing to write down what they liked and
disliked. I'm not looking for someone who will read it and then say,
'It's nice' or 'It didn't make sense'. I'm looking for SPECIFICS. 'I
like the scene where....' or 'I was confused by...' as those types of
comments will help me and my friend improve the script.

If you think you can do all of this, please send me a private email
and I'll contact you. Please do not be offended if i do not choose
you for this study, as I said I'm being selective in the number of
people i send this to.

Thanks a bunch,

Kristi
Old April 29th 10, 04:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Apr 27, 11:39*pm, Mischief wrote:
[...]

I adore Phantom, have seen the broadway version twice (Once in NYC!)
and the
movie a zillion times, even though the movie version is a tad cheesy,
the score is still awesome.
I've practically worn out the CD soundtrack (Crawford as Phantom).
Wish I could take you up on your
offer; but I'm afraid I don't have enough of an attention span these
days.
But tell me this. Where did the Phantom get his $$$$?? I mean, I know
he
gets a salary from the operahouse, but I'm sure he didn't in the early
days
And that was a pretty darn impressive lair he had there. Plus some
very stylish
duds and what's more; he *had* to learn all that charm and savoir-
faire (sp?).
Child circus freaks don't learn that on the job, and certainly don't
make enough
to go to Phantom-finishing-school to learn the ways of the debonaire.
Just thinkin'.
I do think a prequel is an awesome idea. Look what Wicked did for the
Wiz of Oz.
BTW, my favorite moment ever is when the Phantom goes "You will curse
the day you
did not do all that the phantom asked of you. Michael Crawford was
definitely the best
Phantom, but Gerard Butler deliverered that line chillingly. Colm
Wilkinson just didn't have
the right voice.
Also, *somewhere* the warning "Keep Your Hand at the Level of Your
Eyes" needs to be
explained. You never know *why* in the broadway versions *or* the
movie. I was watching
the Lon Chaney silent version one night and there it was. It seems the
Phantom was fairly
handy with a lasso and you had to protect your neck.
Of course I could have read the original *book*, which probably
answered the trivia question,
but theres that little problem with attention span.
Sorry for rambling. Good luck with this, Kris.

Sherry

Sherry
Old April 29th 10, 07:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Apr 28, 8:15*pm, Sherry wrote:
[...]

Well I don't want to give away too much, but we explore the Phantom's
origins. His name in the book is Erik, and my friend who came up with
the original story is remaining very faithful to the book, regarding
Erik's childhood. Our dialogue just explores it a little more.
We have a scene with Erik's mother and then eventually have gypsies
performing their show and followed by the masked magician Erik,
performing 'Escape from the Punjab Lasso'....hereby introducing
certain important elements seen Phantom...we explain how he built his
lair, and even how he ended up with half a mask on his face...

Lots of fun, script doesn't even take that long to read. only 61
pages. :P

Kristi

opera W. Leong Cat community 95 April 11th 06 03:43 PM
Am I living in a Soap Opera? Ted Davis Cat anecdotes 15 March 28th 04 08:50 PM
Cat-Boy and the Opera MacCandace Cat health & behaviour 2 February 8th 04 10:30 PM
"Emergency" purrs for an opera lover? EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) Cat anecdotes 15 November 11th 03 02:11 AM