NO CHOCOLATE! (was Chocolate)

Old March 27th 05, 11:00 PM
Kreisleriana

Default NO CHOCOLATE! (was Chocolate)

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:49:43 +0000 (UTC), Cheryl Perkins
yodeled:

I was slowly taking note of a kind of slurping noise when it suddenly
registered - that's a cat, and there's nothing edible on that table but my
chocolate Easter bunny! Sure enough, Mandy was enjoying a nice treat;
licking the chocolate bunny with every evidence of concentration and
enjoyment! She didn't get much, and anyway, I think it's dogs not cats
that chocolate is particularly bad for. Still, it's clear Mandy never got
that memo on cat behaviour explaining that cats are Obligate Carnivores,
they eat MEAT, they do NOT eat non-meat, particularly not sweet things,
and particularly not the chocolate that was a special treat for the human
responsible for bringing home the cat food!

Don't let her have more, Cheryl, it's not good. It contains a
chemical that's toxic to them
http://www.betterliving.co.nz/conten...chocolate.aspx

And it's actually worse for cats than dogs, since cats are usually
smaller, and it takes less to make them sick, or even kill them. I
understand what you're up against, though. Stinky has to be beaten
off with a stick when I have chocolate-- he loves it more than
anything.

Theresa
Old March 28th 05, 04:05 AM
Enfilade

DP likes vegan chocolate chip muffins. I must remember that Smokey is
not allowed to have any, no matter how he cries (he wouldn't want
something that contains 0 percent dead animal anyway....)

--Fil

Old March 28th 05, 05:10 AM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:48:46 +0000 (UTC), Cheryl Perkins
yodeled:

Kreisleriana wrote:

Don't let her have more, Cheryl, it's not good. It contains a
chemical that's toxic to them
http://www.betterliving.co.nz/conten...chocolate.aspx

And it's actually worse for cats than dogs, since cats are usually
smaller, and it takes less to make them sick, or even kill them. I
understand what you're up against, though. Stinky has to be beaten
off with a stick when I have chocolate-- he loves it more than
anything.

Don't worry - I took it away from the furry little thief! I was surprised
she went for it at all. She doesn't always go for human food, and
chocolate seemed like an odd thing for her to try, although she's not
unique, it seems! I suppose it was a bit new to her, since I rarely have
chocolate around, preferring to snack on greasy salty things.

I wish Stinky didn't love it. He seems to get as high on the scent as
catnip.

Theresa