OT cell phones and credit cards

Old January 29th 04, 12:19 AM
Brenda

Default OT cell phones and credit cards

I read this warning on another group and thought I'd share.

Be on the alert for people holding their cell phones standing near you when
you're using your credit card. Scam artists can use their phones to take a
photo of your card and steal your information.

Brenda

Old January 29th 04, 02:49 AM
Jo Firey

"Brenda" wrote in message
I read this warning on another group and thought I'd share.

Be on the alert for people holding their cell phones standing near you

when
you're using your credit card. Scam artists can use their phones to take

photo of your card and steal your information.

Brenda

That is going to take one good camera phone. I can barely read the numbers
on my credit card in good light when I need to order something online.

Jo

Old January 29th 04, 03:52 AM
Sherry

That is going to take one good camera phone. I can barely read the numbers
on my credit card in good light when I need to order something online.

Jo

DH got a new cell phone with extra-large numbers (they're huge) on the lighted
screen. I made terrible fun of him at first, but it's really nice for the
bifocal crowd.

Sherry
Old January 29th 04, 04:14 AM
Jo Firey

"Sherry " wrote in message
That is going to take one good camera phone. I can barely read the

numbers
on my credit card in good light when I need to order something online.

Jo

DH got a new cell phone with extra-large numbers (they're huge) on the

lighted
screen. I made terrible fun of him at first, but it's really nice for the
bifocal crowd.

Sherry

I WANT ONE I have to get out my reading glasses for mine.

I hate my cell phone. Partly cause AT*T has horrible coverage around here.

And I didn't care about getting one with a color screen, till I saw that
even in black and white they are easier to read than grey and green.

I don't use the phone that much since I'm deaf, but still need it for
emergencies and text messaging and for an electronic phone book.

Jo

Old January 30th 04, 12:16 AM
Brenda

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"Brenda" wrote in message
I read this warning on another group and thought I'd share.

Be on the alert for people holding their cell phones standing near you

when
you're using your credit card. Scam artists can use their phones to

take
photo of your card and steal your information.

Brenda

That is going to take one good camera phone. I can barely read the

numbers
on my credit card in good light when I need to order something online.

Jo

my husband made the same observation. Still, it never hurts to be aware of
the people around you when you're shopping.
Brenda

Old January 30th 04, 02:25 AM
Stacey

"Sherry " wrote

DH got a new cell phone with extra-large numbers (they're huge) on the

lighted
screen. I made terrible fun of him at first, but it's really nice for the
bifocal crowd.

Sherry

Oh man, that would be nice, especially for glove wearers in cold weather
regions! I'm always misdialing with my gloves on.

Incidentally, my phone has one of those voice-dial features where you just
say the name and it dials it for you.. when I first set it up, whenever I
tried to call my DH ("Dave"), I would say "Dave!" and it would say "Dialing
Raisa" (girl I work with) or "Calling Mom and Dad". LOL.. dang thing would
NOT call my DH for anything. So I changed "Dave" to "Goober" and now it
works and says "Calling Goober" LOL!

Stacey

Old January 30th 04, 09:55 PM
Jette Goldie

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"Brenda" wrote in message
I read this warning on another group and thought I'd share.

Be on the alert for people holding their cell phones standing near you

when
you're using your credit card. Scam artists can use their phones to

take
photo of your card and steal your information.

Brenda

That is going to take one good camera phone. I can barely read the

numbers
on my credit card in good light when I need to order something online.

Considering that phone cameras have very poor pixel rates, so
very poor definition.

--
Jette
"Work for Peace and remain Fiercely Loving" - Jim Byrnes

http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/