it's a mistake

Old May 30th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default it's a mistake

"Adrian A" wrote in message
Lesley wrote:
Have you tried the, Zoom Groom, I got one a couple of weeks ago and
both the cats love it, they cost #4.99.

Where can you get them? I've heard lots of praise for them but never
been able to find them in the shops

As both Furballs are shorthairs, they seem pretty much to make their
own arrangements regarding grooming and always look impeccably
shiny(apart from when they've attracted dust, Sarrasine can't resist
finding dust- she's a punk kitten and isn't happy unless she looks
like
she's been up to no good) but they do love to be brushed

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous (and well groomed) Furballs

I got mine at the feed suppliers, I would expect most pet shops would
stock
them. They're made by the Kong company.
http://www.kongcompany.com/worlds_best.html

They can be hard to spot as many stores have them with the cat toys or with
the Kong products rather than with grooming aids.

I had to ask to find the first one.

We won't tell Kayla she is getting brushed with a cat shaped purple cat toy!

Jo

Old May 30th 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jo Firey wrote:
"Adrian A" wrote in message
Lesley wrote:
[...]

Funnily enough, when I bought mine I was looking in the cat toys section, I
had to ask where they were and of course they were with the grooming
brushes. I got the last cat one, there were a couple of dog ones left.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old May 31st 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 28 May 2006 06:11:47 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Or create another whole cat! MLB

I am forever vacuuming cat hair. At this time of the year, Rusty is
probably shedding his winter coat, which is quite thick.

Winnie

Old May 31st 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"W. Leong" wrote

I am forever vacuuming cat hair. At this time of the year, Rusty is
probably shedding his winter coat, which is quite thick.

Me too. My vacuum cleaner bag budget is almost as high as my litter budget,
which is almost as high as the catfood budget, which all together total a
significant portion of my income, and then there are toys, bedding, flea
meds, vet bills, grooming tools, Feliway refills, catnip, and other assorted
miscellaneous stuff.

In other words, I am spending a small fortune on these cats!! What's more,
it's fine with me!!

Old May 31st 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pat" wrote in message

Me too. My vacuum cleaner bag budget is almost as high as my litter
budget, which is almost as high as the catfood budget, which all together
total a significant portion of my income, and then there are toys,
bedding, flea meds, vet bills, grooming tools, Feliway refills, catnip,
and other assorted miscellaneous stuff.

In other words, I am spending a small fortune on these cats!! What's more,
it's fine with me!!

I don't buy toys for Rusty anymore. He doesn't seem to be interested in them
now that he is a senior cat. I save the money for vet bills which keeps
going up,
so does his presciption food and distilled water. Recently I have to go back
to a cheaper
brand of litter.
For his purrsday, I bought a Zoom Groom. My mother is giving him a new
lightweight carrier so I can walk him to the vet instead of taking a cab. I
don't
have a car and I was not allowed to take him on a bus.

Winnie

Old May 31st 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Carrier - was it's a mistake

On Tue, 30 May 2006 19:49:34 -0400, "W. Leong"
wrote:

I don't buy toys for Rusty anymore. He doesn't seem to be interested
in them now that he is a senior cat. I save the money for vet bills
which keeps going up, so does his presciption food and distilled
water. Recently I have to go back to a cheaper brand of litter. For
his purrsday, I bought a Zoom Groom. My mother is giving him a new
lightweight carrier so I can walk him to the vet instead of taking a
cab. I don't have a car and I was not allowed to take him on a bus.

Winnie
_______________

Hi Winnie,

Have you seen the carriers that look like the roll on luggage? Sorta
looks like these: http://tinyurl.com/pansw I have seen them around
here (central NY), and thought they were a good idea. You could always
get a kitty stroller: http://midnightpass.com/kitpetstrol.html , (I
like this one: http://tinyurl.com/oqd5z) or put his carrier in a
wagon. It is tough carrying them around for more than a few minutes!

Patti

Old May 31st 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Carriers - was it's a mistake

wrote:

For his purrsday, I bought a Zoom Groom. My mother is giving him a
new lightweight carrier so I can walk him to the vet instead of taking
a cab. I don't have a car and I was not allowed to take him on a bus.

Winnie

____________________________

Here is the carrier I first mentioned in my other post:
http://tinyurl.com/nl3cr
Old May 31st 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

Hi Winnie,

Have you seen the carriers that look like the roll on luggage? Sorta
looks like these: http://tinyurl.com/pansw I have seen them around
here (central NY), and thought they were a good idea. You could always
get a kitty stroller: http://midnightpass.com/kitpetstrol.html , (I
like this one: http://tinyurl.com/oqd5z) or put his carrier in a
wagon. It is tough carrying them around for more than a few minutes!

Patti

Hi Patti,

Thanks for the suggestions.

Kitty stroller is out of my price range.
I strapped Rusty's carrier onto a travel caddy cart used for
wheeling suitcases. But every time I did that, he 'dirtied' the carrier.
I think the pavement is too bumpy for his feline highness liking.
I am thinking of a carrier along the line of a sherpa bag.
Still have to go to the local Petsmart to check out what they have
in store.

Winnie

Old May 31st 06, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"W. Leong" wrote in message
.. .

wrote:

[...]

The Sherpa bags are a bit pricey (I only got one because hurricane Rita was
heading this way - right after Katrina - and all the regular carriers were
sold out (I'd had only three, not having gotten one after getting Sammy and
not having had to take them all anywhere at the same time until then - I
have one that's a large dog carrier that could have held both Sammy and
Bandit in an emergency, but wouldn't have been good for a 10+ hour drive
which is what we were facing for that evacuation)) - *BUT* they are
*WONDERFUL*. They have zippered openings on the top, on the long side, and
on the short side to make it easy to get cats in and out. They are
extremely light-weight, and they have a shoulder strap that makes it *very*
easy to carry.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 31st 06, 03:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message

The Sherpa bags are a bit pricey (I only got one because hurricane Rita
was heading this way - right after Katrina - and all the regular carriers
were sold out (I'd had only three, not having gotten one after getting
Sammy and not having had to take them all anywhere at the same time until
then - I have one that's a large dog carrier that could have held both
Sammy and Bandit in an emergency, but wouldn't have been good for a 10+
hour drive which is what we were facing for that evacuation)) - *BUT* they
are *WONDERFUL*. They have zippered openings on the top, on the long
side, and on the short side to make it easy to get cats in and out. They
are extremely light-weight, and they have a shoulder strap that makes it
*very* easy to carry.

They are pricey. I checked online. So far I haven't found a local store that
carries it.
Haven't gone to Petsmart yet.
But I did find some lightweight carriers that either zippered on the top or
on the sides,
but not both. They are more affordable.
If Rusty stays healthy I don't have to use it much for going to the vet. It
will be used
when there is an emergency and I have to use the stairs. I live near the top
of
a hightrise
I do have a sturdy and heavier carrier which he sleeps in.

Winnie

--

Hugs,

CatNipped