OT; a lovely day

Old June 7th 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT; a lovely day

Well I have had a truly lovely day on the bike. Did a couple of jaunts,
about 40 miles in total. Went to the local CTC meet this morning and this
evening, as it was Nathan's club TT this evening, I had my bike on the back
of the car - watched Nathan (& Vernon) do the TT and then I cycled home.

It has been glorious. Not too hot. Gentle breeze. Courteous motorists for
the most part. The countryside is green and lush, wildlife in abundance.
This morning I passed a little owl sat atop a telegraph pole. This evening,
as I cycled into the village, a barn owl flew alongside me for a while. Then
there were the usual bunnies in abundance, but this evening there was an
additional abundance of hares. Coming round a bend, a hare was sat in the
middle of the road and he decided it would be fun to run ahead of me in the
lane for a good hundred yards. Lovely. Then the deer... and the pheasants.
And I was met at the front door by a certain black lady cat who came running
to meet me and greeted me with loads of purrs and headrubs.

Quite, quite lovely.

Cheers, helen s

--

~~
you may need to remove dependence

Old June 7th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"wafflycat" wrote in message
[...]

That does, indeed, sound lovely! Living in the city, my views of wildlife
are limited to the occasional squirrel in the back yard, a few birds, and
the mice, rats and birds Nanki-Poo considerately brings inside for me to
see. ;-)

BTW, what is TT? As a Toastmaster, I thought of Table Topics, but I suspect
that isn't what you meant.

Joy

Old June 7th 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I hate you (not really) its raining again for days with possible flooding.
Suz&Spicey

Old June 8th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 21:43:01 +0100, "wafflycat"
yodeled:

[...]

Sounds idyllic! I am currently looking about me for a bike more in
keeping with my middle-agedness than my lovely ten-speed Peugeot
racer, which I've had since I was a teenager. It was the last word in
cool when I was a kid, and served me well many years, but I'm getting
a little tired of riding bent over.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old June 8th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-06-07, wafflycat penned:

Quite, quite lovely.

Nice!

My company just announced they will be giving cycling jerseys to
people who ride their bikes to work 12 times this summer.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 8th 06, 08:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-06-07, wafflycat penned:

Quite, quite lovely.

Nice!

My company just announced they will be giving cycling jerseys to
people who ride their bikes to work 12 times this summer.

Nice one. Any piccies of said jersey?

Old June 8th 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-06-08, wafflycat penned:

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message

Nice!

My company just announced they will be giving cycling jerseys to
people who ride their bikes to work 12 times this summer.

Nice one. Any piccies of said jersey?

I didn't see any. My hunch is that it hasn't yet been designed.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 8th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-06-08, wafflycat penned:

I didn't see any. My hunch is that it hasn't yet been designed.

Ah ha! A design opportunity - get a cat included in the design ;-)

Old June 8th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-06-07, Joy penned:

BTW, what is TT? As a Toastmaster, I thought of Table Topics, but I
suspect that isn't what you meant.

My guess is "time trial", a form of bike race.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old June 9th 06, 07:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Joy" wrote in message
. com...

BTW, what is TT? As a Toastmaster, I thought of Table Topics, but I
suspect
that isn't what you meant.

Joy

TT is a time trial. Basically the rider against the clock. Riders set off at
one minute intervals, and whoever covers the distance in the swiftest time
is the winner. There are different categories... juvenile, junior, espoir,
senior, veteran...

Cheers, helen s

OT It's so lovely to feel protected...NOT Karen Cat anecdotes 2 March 16th 06 09:29 PM
I found a lovely Online Cat Community Maureen Cats - misc 0 December 11th 05 06:35 AM
Lovely Nap! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 1 January 16th 05 01:00 AM
Lovely TBird Cat anecdotes 20 October 2nd 04 03:49 AM
My lovely Lucy; the news is not good onlyThreeCats Cat community 28 October 23rd 03 03:07 PM