Jake is trying to start a family fight.

Old June 9th 06, 07:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Jake is trying to start a family fight.

Before we got out little puppy in December, I was very concerned that Molly
our feral rescue, tiny and timid cat that she is, would freak out and leave
for parts unknown. Kayla is no longer a puppy but a very happy go lucky
adolescent Border Collie. Molly will play with her, rub up against her and
even on occasion wash her face and ears. (Once a mamma cat, always a mamma
cat I think)

Jake I wasn't so worried about. He grew up with dogs. Small, but noisy
active dogs. He played with them and even wrestled with the. They all
slept of the bed together for years.

At first Jake was fine. He even put a rather nasty slit in Kayla's ear on
Christmas. And Kayla really isn't giving him reason for his seeming terror
of being in the same room with her. Now Jake is an outside cat, a good
sized Siamese boy. Deals with bigger badder cats in the neighborhood, and
on occasion gets beat up. He has been kept away from home for several days
on several occasions. Came home injured after being gone nearly a week the
first time. But he still does his walkabouts. So it makes no sense that he
is a scardey cat where Kayla is concerned.

I'm starting to think he's pulling that sibling "get my sister in trouble
with Dad" routing out of pure jealousy. He sure seems smug when he is the
only one that get to sleep in out room.

Plus I think its working. Charlie is after me because "my" dog is upsetting
"his" cat. And of course my dog whining and barking at the cat is more
annoying than his cat hissing at the dog in the first place.

Jo

Old June 9th 06, 07:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

We have mild jealousy issues between the cats and the dogs and it goes
both ways. If Spock and Fox ("da boys") are in the room together and
you're paying attention to one of them, the other will do something to
steal your attention. It took us a while to cotton on to what was
going on, but now we know what to look for it's very amusing.

If Persephone and either of the dogs are together and we're paying
attention to the dogs, Persephone will very blatantly rock up and
impose herself between the hoomins and the dogs. If the dogs persist
in hanging around and being petted, Persephone will flip herself upaide
down and start to paw at the dogs' noses (claws in), which always has
the desired effect of persuading the dogs to move away. Both cats will
pre-emptively side-swipe the dogs (mark them with cheek), which the
dogs interpret as a signal to "move along". Likewise, the dogs will
employ the "nose to date (rear end)" technique to hassle an unwary
feline.

It's all very amicable, but nonetheless it happens. Our household
pecking order is 1. Persephone (tuxeudo girl cat), 2. Spock (tabby boy
cat) and Fox (red hound), 3. Kendra (beagle) and 4. me & DH.

Tish

Old June 9th 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jo Firey wrote:

Plus I think its working. Charlie is after me because "my" dog is upsetting
"his" cat. And of course my dog whining and barking at the cat is more
annoying than his cat hissing at the dog in the first place.

LOL! I think Jake has you exactly where he wants you. P

Any pictures of Kayla now? I'd love to see how she has developed.

Old June 9th 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jo Firey wrote:
[...]

DH's cat Boots is a spoiled, manipulating little doo-doo head that has
him wrapped around her paw. She used to pull all kinds of tricks *for
sympathy* when her and Happy and DH were out in the yard. She used to
rub all over him, then smack him. When Happy growled at her, *he* got
in trouble. I swear she did it on purpose. They were both really
jealous of each other for DH's attention. She only did this when DH
was outside.

Sherry

Old June 9th 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tish wrote:
[...]

Glad you know your place, Tish! You're a good hoomin! :-)

Sherry

Old June 9th 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

Jessie is Daddy's little girl. She routinely beats up on Sammy and DH
thinks it's funny since Jessie is 7.5 pounds and Sammy is 18 pounds. But he
doesn't realize that poor Sammy is really afraid of Jessie and Jessie beats
up on her for no reason at all (Sammy could just be walking by and Jessie
will jump up and make Sammy roll over in submission).

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

eScrew zen story [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 0 December 20th 04 10:38 AM
Funny story about anecdotes [email protected] Cat anecdotes 0 December 19th 04 12:32 PM
Funny story about behav [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 0 December 19th 04 12:29 PM
Dagnamit Jake Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 3 October 21st 04 06:16 AM
visiting my family - and their cats [email protected] Cat anecdotes 48 April 15th 04 09:02 AM