You won't believe this...

Old July 1st 04, 06:33 AM
Melissa Houle

jmcquown wrote in message
I was driving to the store and thought I heard a cat meowing. What the
heck?! When I got to the store I even popped the hood to make sure there
wasn't a cat in there.

I just *now*, hours later, realized, my cell phone has a cat meowing as

the
ringtone when certain people call me. (I have different rings assigned to
different people.) The thing sounds so realistic I thought there was a

cat
someplace in my car. Never occurred to me to open my purse and answer the
danged phone. ROFL

I had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into the 21st century to get a
cell phone. Maybe I'd better change that ring - it scared me and didn't

say
to me "someone is trying to call you". Of course, you should have seen my
face when the vet called me at the hotel in Minneapolis on 6/18 - the

phone
neighed and John said "What the heck is that?!"

Side note: Persia is doing great. Anyone got any idea how long it will
take for her fur to grow back? She looks so funny when she does the
belly-up thing. She's a short hair but had quite a bit of fur as a

"modesty
flap".

Jill

LOL!! Now I'm thinking maybe it's LUCKY that my cell phone's ring is a
boring old Brandenburg Concerto. =o) Umm... does the vet KNOW your phone
whinnies when he calls you? Thanks for a great laugh,

Melissa

Old July 1st 04, 06:33 AM
Melissa Houle

SNIP
Laura

Lets see I have two longhaired cats and a shorthaired one. It is
always coat changing season. I get enough hair off of one cat to weave
three kittens. I brush them every other day. They really don't like to
be brushed. I don't know why. You would think that they feel better
after being brushed and getting all that extra fur off of them. Plus
the kitty treats that they get while I brush them (It is the only way
I can get them to stay still for the brushing).

Cali is like Jill's cat, Persia. Just mention the brush and she's right
there waiting. She's got a bad case of "Elevator Butt" and loves
getting the base of her tail brushed. She's also fond of getting her
chin whiskers brushed. Smokey does not care about brushing, although
she has much shorter hair than Cali, also a DSH.

I was wondering the same thing-- I guess Cesca's going to be Miss Bare-Belly
for the next few months, then. G One consolation is that it should be a
little cooler for her when it gets hot around here.

Pan is an all black cat except for a little white dab on his chest. Lately,
I've noticed he's grown a few white hairs on both his knees that he never
used to have. Of course, it may all be because of age. He is sixteen now,
after all. I just think it looks kind of cute. He loves to be brushed so
much that he keeps trying to rub his cheeks against the little rubber brush
I use on him, and he purrs mightily. Cesca is a COMPLETE elevator butt when
I scratch her right at the base of her tail. =o) At first when I'd brush
her, she'd get a completely bewildered look on her face as if to say "What
are you DOING, back there?" Now she relaxes enough to enjoy it. Both cats
are shedding enough to make a new woolly mammoth between them.

Melissa

Old July 1st 04, 06:52 AM
Marina

"Melissa Houle" wrote

Pan is an all black cat except for a little white dab on his chest.

My sister used to have an all-black cat with a white locket. He was called
the Black Panther, Panther for short. He was Frank's daddy.

Lately,
I've noticed he's grown a few white hairs on both his knees that he never
used to have. Of course, it may all be because of age. He is sixteen

now,
after all.

Both Frank (16) and Nikki (15) have a sprinkling of white hairs along their
backs. I think Frank is getting more white in his face too. Aww, my baby boy
is going grey.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old July 1st 04, 03:48 PM
Lisa Katt

Marina skrev i meddelandet ...

snip
Both Frank (16) and Nikki (15) have a sprinkling of white hairs along their
backs. I think Frank is getting more white in his face too. Aww, my baby

boy
is going grey.

--

Hugo Katt (15 very soon) is an all black cat. Lately one, just one, of his
whiskers have gone shiney white. I suppose it is age.

Old July 1st 04, 10:37 PM
Takayuki

kworley wrote:

Because the siamese coloration is temperature related, areas that have
a cooler skin color are darker (limbs, tail, face, ears and shaved
spots). It should revert to normal siamese color once he sheds out a
full growth. Ming had a nasty case of ringworm when we got him, and
all of his spots grew in dark, then lightened up later.

That's really interesting. I wondered if it were coincidence that
pointed cats had that pattern. I knew only that there were some
rabbits and other animals that had temperature activated enzymes that
governed fur color in order to turn white in winter, and a darker
color in summer.

Maybe that means that Siamese cats can get tan lines if they
repeatedly lie in the sun. If they are heat pigs that lie on
radiators or heat registers during the winter, they might end with
stripes.

Old July 2nd 04, 02:23 AM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", "Melissa Houle"
artfully composed this message
within

on 01 Jul 2004:

Cesca is a COMPLETE elevator butt when
I scratch her right at the base of her tail. =o) At first when
I'd brush her, she'd get a completely bewildered look on her
face as if to say "What are you DOING, back there?"

LOL That's Bonnie, too. She loves being pet, and scritched but if you
run your hand down her body toward her tail, she turns her head to
your hand like she's going to bite, and she has a few times. Not
hard, but enough to tell me she doesn't like it. I can't get her used
to regular combing because she just wants her head combed. But now
she has a cough that is frightening regular and I thought it could be
from the shots a few weeks ago, but the vet said no, so I am trying
to get some hairball schtuff into her. She no like it. lol

--
Cheryl