Progress!

Old October 20th 04, 04:57 PM
Seanette Blaylock

Bob M had some very interesting things to say
about Progress!:

German is good for that. In the seventies, I had an interesting session
toying with the small brains of two members of the American Nazi Party
who were demonstrating on a busy street corner. After I finished
confusing them by telling them that their leaflets contained leftist
Strasserist deviationism of which the Fuhrer would disapprove, I
continued a bit in pidgin German. Getting completely blank looks in
response, I then, in as obnoxious a saliva-spraying snarl as I could
manage, shouted the (German) lyrics of "Silent Night" at them, tossing
in random bits of the Lord's Prayer. They cringed.

I would have loved to have been there to see it!! Thanks for making my
day.

I remember when Howard posted a more detailed, and even funnier
version within the last few weeks. See http://tinyurl.com/6cn36 ,
which will take you to Google to see the long version of the story,
which also did make it over to alt.humor.best-of-usenet [yes, I was
the gremlin in question :-). I also submitted your story about working
at home :-)].