Bruiser is growing up

Old August 24th 03, 05:37 PM
Jo Firey

x"John Biltz" wrote in message
thlink.net...
The little guy is growing up. Last night he jumped/climbed a five foot
wall. It was a milestone. Once he could climb that it pretty much took
away my ability to control his movements. The other side of that wall I
can't see, I can't control and I can't limit. He is out in the world. I
could see it coming. This last week he has become markedly more cat like
in hs looks. His face is pretty proportional with the rest of his head.
I watch him move and his walk at times looks more cat like than kitten
like. He'll be five months old in just a couple days and he is going to
get a lot bigger still but I feel like I just sent my teenager out with
the car for the first time. I am getting him fixed and microchipped a
week from Tuesday. Its been scheduled for awhile. but I wish it was next
week.

I know the feeling. Once they go over the wall they are pretty much on their own.
I'm sure those that have indoor only cats have a hard time understanding why others
let their cats out. I wonder myself when we have a particularly hard time getting
Jake in for the night. But we just had a rainy day and he stayed in and napped but
was just so miserable. He makes his rounds when he goes out. The old lady across
the street who doesn't have a cat any more lets him in for a bit. He checks to make
sure no cats are where they don't belong. Visits his "girlfriend" when she is out
for a while. Makes sure the cats from down the street move with due speed when they
cross his territory to go hunting. Drinks from the birdbath and sleeps under the
prickly bushes and dreams of hunting big game.

Rosie can scale the 6 ft fence now. I still remember the amazed look on her face the
first time she watched Jake go over. She doesn't much care for out front so far.
Likes to roll on the warm sidewalk, chase leaves and bugs, walk the fence tops,
sharpen her claws on the doormat and come inside for naps and love.
--
Jo Firey

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take
our breath away."

Old August 24th 03, 07:36 PM
CAROL HUTCHINNGS

Just give him his freedom- make sure he's micro-chipped, though. My lot are
free to come & go as they please. We have a cat flap that's always open,
comfy beds to sleep on, food on demand - mostly with our Annie who we hardly
see whilst the weather is warm, and being cats, they know when they're on to
a good thing!
Carol