Pardon me in advance if I post nastyness, Please

Old May 19th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Pardon me in advance if I post nastyness, Please

Well, I just got my grades and my math teacher gave me an U for
unsatisfactory work. In a way, I earned that U, as I told him that his
idea of teaching stank; if I wanted to know more about nude beaches in
Europe, strip clubs, and Shania Twain I'd look them up on the internet;
teaching dyslexic people to do math using multiple systems at the same
time doesn't work, lying about what is on a test isn't fair to the
students, and that while the principal sets the tone for the school, the
teacher sets the tone for the classroom.

It's also my fault in that I let him talk me into staying in the course
and not dripping it five times. Because of my big fat mouth, I had the
lowest score going into the final, but I know I got at least an 88 on
the final, which should have raised my grade to a C. BTW, I averaged
70% on my tests, missed two assignments, missed way to many classes
because I couldn't stand to listen to him say "Float the buoy" and other
remarks over and over again. I should have had a class average of 85%
after all was said and done, but you know me and my big mouth.

Needless to say, I'm debating my next move, and trying to be any cattier
than usual. I'd love to get the little swamp scum fired, but then his
wife (yes he also talked about her personal attributes) would have tp
put up with him more often. If I had an actual address for him, I'd
publish it and ask you all to send litter box offerings to him, but I
don't, so may I ask you to send cyber litter box offerings to him? My
clowder has already sent three cyber boxes worth, and are working hard
to make more.

Thanks, I feel better already,

Pam S.
Old May 19th 06, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Well, I just got my grades and my math teacher gave me an U for
unsatisfactory work. Needless to say, I'm debating my next move, and
trying to be any cattier than usual. I'd love to get the little swamp
scum fired, but then his wife (yes he also talked about her personal
attributes) would have tp put up with him more often. If I had an actual
address for him, I'd publish it and ask you all to send litter box
offerings to him, but I don't, so may I ask you to send cyber litter box
offerings to him? My clowder has already sent three cyber boxes worth,
and are working hard to make more.
Thanks, I feel better already,
Pam S.

Could you - cyberwise and through school public-accessible records,
get his email addy and get him and Fruitcake together somehow? That is
if no one has done away w/Fruitcake by that time.....they sound like a
good pair of wackos. I can see it now: cyberbattle between "inflated
medal-collecting military ego" and "inflated college-prof-w/captive
-audience-for-his-b.s.ego". Do they have any other math profs beside
this anecdotal a******?

Old May 19th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tanada wrote:
[...]

would have to put up with him more often. If I had an actual address
for him, I'd publish it and ask you all to send litter box offerings
to him, but I don't, so may I ask you to send cyber litter box
offerings to him? My clowder has already sent three cyber boxes
worth, and are working hard to make more.

Thanks, I feel better already,

Pam S.

I had a history prof like that once. He spent about 80% of class time
shooting the breeze with the football team members that were in the class,
and talking stats of whatever his favorite team was, who fumbled in the big
game on Saturday, etc., etc.. After about the 5th class like that, myself
and 5 other students got up and walked out *in the middle of his class*,
making as much noise as possible (this was a "large group lecture" class).
He asked where we were going, I apologized for interrupting his locker-room
banter (yes, I used those words as he wasn't teaching anyone anything), and
said that this was a history class, not a football club, we were all
dropping his class before the pass/fail period was up and would take a class
with a *proper teacher*, not a jock wannabe, in a different semester.

After we 6 left, about 10 or so *more* students followed us, leaving the
jocks and the slackers to their fate, whatever that was.

Old May 19th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

dnr wrote:

Could you - cyberwise and through school public-accessible records,
get his email addy and get him and Fruitcake together somehow? That is
if no one has done away w/Fruitcake by that time.....they sound like a
good pair of wackos. I can see it now: cyberbattle between "inflated
medal-collecting military ego" and "inflated college-prof-w/captive
-audience-for-his-b.s.ego". Do they have any other math profs beside
this anecdotal a******?

Oh NO!! Putting fruitty and the sex maniac together would endanger
young women everywhere. The lack of math instructors is part of the
problem. They pulled this guy from the Electrical Engineering
department to help fill a teaching shortage at the college. He is in
the process of getting a master's degree in math.

They do have a lot of other math instructors, most of whom are excellent
both at their job and at behaving like the professionals that they are.
This one is just totally pathetic.

Pam S. who will be taking the class again but not from him
Old May 19th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Stormmee wrote:

*delurk* wouldn't some of those topics be considered sexual harassment? Lee
*relurk*

Yup. Now prove it with a bunch of students who either think it's funny,
or are terrified for their grades. All part of the problem here, and
part of the reason he felt he could get away with the grade he gave me.

Pam S.
Old May 19th 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Magic Mood Jeep?" wrote:

I had a history prof like that once. He spent about 80% of class
time shooting the breeze with the football team members that were in
the class, and talking stats of whatever his favorite team was... [snip]

After we 6 left, about 10 or so *more* students followed us, leaving
the jocks and the slackers to their fate, whatever that was.

I love this story!! It's so great that you had other students who
actually cared about learning something - some students would be fine
with what was happening, since they wouldn't have to work hard in the
class. But I would feel the same way you did, and would be angry that
I'd paid for this bullsh*t. What a great ending! I wonder if the
en masse class drop had repercussions for the so-called instructor?

Joyce

Old May 19th 06, 11:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Tanada" wrote in message
nk.net...
Stormmee wrote:

*delurk* wouldn't some of those topics be considered sexual harassment?
Lee
*relurk*

Yup. Now prove it with a bunch of students who either think it's funny,
or are terrified for their grades. All part of the problem here, and part
of the reason he felt he could get away with the grade he gave me.

Doesn't matter - complain anyway. You are a woman not scared by a sex
maniac, you owe it to the other people in the calss who felt uncomfortable
but are too scared to do anything about it. He probably has a reputation
already, just no-one has had the chutzpah to do anything formal about it.
That you got a "U" when he insisted you stay in the class, that you know you
got a pass make, its all harassment. You dont need the rest of the class to
back you up, you've got enough evidence yourself.

Also, appeal your grade. Insist that a *qualified* person from another
college review your work.

These bottom feeders still think they can get away with it. They can't. And
htey need someone that they can't intimidate to kick their pants. I know of
no better person to go kick it :-)

Purrs for you, slurpy week-old litterbox offerings to the scum sucker.

Yowie

Old May 19th 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tanada wrote in
nk.net:

Well, I just got my grades and my math teacher gave me an U for
unsatisfactory work. In a way, I earned that U, as I told him that
his idea of teaching stank; if I wanted to know more about nude
beaches in Europe, strip clubs, and Shania Twain I'd look them up on
the internet; teaching dyslexic people to do math using multiple
systems at the same time doesn't work, lying about what is on a test
isn't fair to the students, and that while the principal sets the tone
for the school, the teacher sets the tone for the classroom.

Write down everything, as carefully and accurately as you can, and lodge
a complaint. You may not be able to change your own grade, but you
might be able to save other, future students.

Chak

--
A good world needs knowledge, kindliness, and courage; it does not need
a regretful hankering after the past, or a fettering of the free
Old May 20th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Tanada" wrote in message
nk.net...
Well, I just got my grades and my math teacher gave me an U for
unsatisfactory work. In a way, I earned that U, as I told him that his
idea of teaching stank; if I wanted to know more about nude beaches in
Europe, strip clubs, and Shania Twain I'd look them up on the internet;

One of the few things I regret from the time my girls were growing up is not
doing more to make life as miserable for a crappy teacher as he made it for
my daughter.

At the time I told myself that making waves would only make things worse for
her. And, yes maybe it would have. And maybe I would have been wrong. But
I don't think I would regret doing the wrong thing as much as I regret doing
nothing.

His favorite digs were into the fact that she was born in Korea and must
therefore be responsible for every notion he had of what all Korean people
must be like. And into her working for a fast food outlet which he seemed
to view as also making her a lesser person. For the record, she still
"works for a fast food outlet" and I can assure you is earning more a year
than he ever did or will. OK so she now manages five stores.

At least I should have gone on record so the next victim he chose would have
more believability.

As for disrespecting a teacher that didn't deserve respect. Been there,
done that, and got the grade to prove it. I still think his idea of
economics was a crock and I still managed to graduate with honors. One of
the advantages of being an adult student was not having to sit quietly for
crap if I didn't feel like it. As well as being responsible for the
outcome.

Jo