Auntie Donna stopping by with news

Old January 19th 05, 03:56 AM
Gabey8

Default Auntie Donna stopping by with news

Hello, kitties and Meowmies and Paws. Auntie Donna here. My kitties Melody
and Harmony posted here, though it's been a while since any of us posted,
and on RPC before the cats groups split.

I have sad news and happy news. A few years ago, Harmony posted on here
that her sister Melody had gone to the RB. Unfortunately, now I have to
bring the news that last November, Harmony joined her sister at the
Bridge. ( She started to lose interest in food in October, and though
the TED and I worked hard to get her better, it must have been her time.
Harmony was 14.5 years old when she passed peacefully in her sleep. I'll
miss her very much.

Before I started this post, I started reading through the past few months'
worth of topics on RPCC, and I ran across the Final Calling of Names. Oh,
my gosh, the MMS. There are names I remember from years ago, even as far
back as the RPC days. Along with Melody, and the big sister Misty who went
to the RB before Melody and Harmony were born, Harmony's going to have a
lot of familiar kitties up there to play with. Sigh.

But I'll tell you kitties a secret. Misty, Melody, and Harmony are still
looking out for their Meowmy. That's why I have good news to post. Last
Saturday, I went to the same animal shelter where I adopted Melody and
Harmony. And I think that the three of them looked down from the Bridge,
and made sure I met the two kitties that I'm meant to be Meowmy to. So I
started the process of adopting those two 9-month-old boykitties.

They aren't here yet, because the TED at the shelter has to make sure
they're fixed-but-not-broken, give them vaccinations, and do blood tests.
Once all that is done, I can bring the little guys home and be a Meowmy
again.

I'll make sure to teach them both how to post on the computer, so they can
meet all the nice kitties here.

Auntie Donna

Old January 19th 05, 04:36 AM
Sylvia M.

"Gabey8" gabey8-@-aol-dot-com (formerly
dgabriel-at-netaxs-dot-com) wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
[...]

((((Donna))))
I empathize completely.
You may remember Dyna Mo/Mite (now of RB)
Just recently Pitoonya became mine.
I know both feelings now...wouldn't have, a few months ago.
sigh

Sylvia

Old January 19th 05, 06:14 AM
Tabitha Kitten

I'll make sure to teach them both how to post on the computer, so they can
meet all the nice kitties here.

Auntie Donna

Dats eggzelent news! We will look forward to meeting dem.

Tabitha
Old January 19th 05, 01:08 PM
Miss Violette

We remember reading when you were here, we are proud you listened to the
music from the bridge and are honoring your kitties that have gone before by
giving a home to more kitties, Miss Violette stands and all in her house
chirr and purr very loudly for this news

Old January 19th 05, 04:12 PM
Mlle. Anaïs ^..^

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:56:08 -0500, Gabey8 wrote:

Hello, kitties and Meowmies and Paws. Auntie Donna here. My kitties Melody
and Harmony posted here, though it's been a while since any of us posted,
and on RPC before the cats groups split.

gennle snip

I'll make sure to teach them both how to post on the computer, so they can
meet all the nice kitties here.

Auntie Donna

Hihi Antee Donna,

Pleezed to meetcha, and I'ze sorry bout da bad noos. Buttid I'z glad 'bout
da noo kittees, and luk forward to meetink dem!
--
Purrs,

Mlle. Anaïs
1/19/2005 11:11:38 AM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com
Old January 19th 05, 05:40 PM
Gabey8

[[((((Donna))))
I empathize completely.
You may remember Dyna Mo/Mite (now of RB)
Just recently Pitoonya became mine.
I know both feelings now...wouldn't have, a few months ago.
sigh

Sylvia]]

Thanks, Sylvia! I sure do remember Dyna. I'm sorry for your loss...
judging from the RPCC posts, she went to the Bridge only a few days before
Harmony did.

But I'm VERY happy for your new fuzzy family member. Pitoonya will benefit
from all the things Dyna taught you about how to spoil a cat. )

I basically reached a point where having no kitty to dote on was at least
as painful as having lost Harmony (to what the vet's reasonably sure was
cancer in the intestines, though she passed before we could get the
ultrasound done and find out for sure). And when I became determined that
the best way to honor the memories of my three RB babies was to provide a
OneTrueHome for a couple cats who were in need of one, then I knew it was
time to contact the shelter and apply to adopt.

And so here I am -- I called this morning, and the boys are already
neutered, vaccinated, passed their blood tests (yay, that's a relief) and
are in the shelter's front window, sleeping in a basket together. All is
well, and I can pick them up tonight after work. JOY -- fuzzy faces in the
house! NOW it'll feel more like a home again.

I have a couple of preliminary names chosen, but I'm keeping them to
myself until I'm sure that the names really do fit the boys.

Of course. I still miss Harmony. And Melody and Misty, too. But I'll
cherish their memories forever, and nothing can ever take that away. And I
firmly believe that they were helping out when it came time for me to seek
new feline family members.

So be on the lookout for the Meowncement. It won't be long now! )

Donna (can't concentrate at work AT ALL today)

Old January 19th 05, 05:44 PM
Gabey8

[[by Tabitha Kitten Jan 18, 2005 at 10:14 PM

I'll make sure to teach them both how to post on the computer, so they

can
meet all the nice kitties here.

Auntie Donna

Dats eggzelent news! We will look forward to meeting dem.

Tabitha]]

Thank you!

You know, my first cat Misty nearly got named Tabitha. But that was before
we brought her home. Once she did come home, we realized that her middle
name, Misty, was a better "fit" for her purr-sonality, so we swapped the
first and middle names.

But I bet "Tabitha" is just right for you!

And as soon as I'm sure of the names that'll be just right for the two new
kitties, I'll let everyone know. )

Auntie Donna

Old January 19th 05, 05:52 PM
Gabey8

[[by "Miss Violette" Jan 19, 2005 at 07:08 AM

We remember reading when you were here, we are proud you listened to the
music from the bridge and are honoring your kitties that have gone before
by
giving a home to more kitties, Miss Violette stands and all in her house
chirr and purr very loudly for this news]]

Thank you! I think the best memorial I can give my RB kitties, whom I will
always love and miss, is using all the things they taught me about being a
Meowmy to give other kitties a OneTrueHome.

(A OneTrueHome with internet and newsgroup access, of course. hee hee)

Auntie Donna

Old January 19th 05, 05:56 PM
Gabey8

[[Hihi Antee Donna,

Pleezed to meetcha, and I'ze sorry bout da bad noos. Buttid I'z glad
'bout
da noo kittees, and luk forward to meetink dem!]]

Hi! Thank you! I'm looking forward to introducing them to everyone.
They're real furriendly little guys. )

Auntie Donna

Old January 22nd 05, 01:41 AM
The Clowder

Wee reememfur yu, an Melody an Harmony. Wile wee'ze shur yu haff
comfurrt in da peesefullniss ov Harmony's jerney, wee no dat da shok
ov da suddinniss must haff bin speshully hard. Wee'ze sending owr
besstisst purrrs fur da sadniss ov yur House.

Melody's naym wuz calld as "House of Gabriel/Momorella", an dis is how
her brik appeers onda Walk ov Remembranz...is dis also correkt fur
Harmony? Her naym will bee calld as a Onoree durin da next Jellicle
Ball, an I want to bee shur her brik is mayd rite.

Mietze, wiff Norville, Neko, Azad, Buster Badseed an Ella, too
--
Remove the first m to reply