opera

Old March 28th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Default opera

Any of you who have slaves that like opera?
My Meowmie just decided to give opera a try. She is playing some opera CDs.
When the singer hit the high notes, I want to twitch my ears.
Good thing I can sleep through anything.

Rusty

Old March 28th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

HiHi Rusty!! Owr meowmie sings dat operastuff! It is lowdlowd when
she duz it, anna I look at her an run fast away. Sumtimz do she just
sits and sez da words and dey sound funny coming owt ov her mowf, cuz
it iznt English like she yooshally speeks, so den I hafta jump on her
lap an put myown paw over her mowf.. Dat duznt stop her do, so den I
try to bite her onna da cheek. den she petz mee and talks normal to me
for a minit, but shee startz up da weerd words again. it is furry
bofersom to mine delikit eers.

Callisto, for her and Xena

Old March 28th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:06:55 -0500, W. Leong's little agile paws
typed:

Any of you who have slaves that like opera?
My Meowmie just decided to give opera a try. She is playing some opera CDs.
When the singer hit the high notes, I want to twitch my ears.
Good thing I can sleep through anything.

Rusty

Miao!

My hooman likes dat stuff he lykes Eye-talian opera an hiz fafforite
iz Bellini's La Sonnambula. He also lykes der Fledermaus, or az owr
Rebecca cawlz it "Defaltor Mouse"!

He haz bibbig tawkin-bokses (speakers) dat are almos az tall as he
iz, and I likes to take a nap on top ov dem an feel da moosik in my
belly furz
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
3/28/2006 1:28:22 PM
anais_737+at+verizon+dot+net
Old March 28th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Hi Callisto and Xena,

Your Meowmie must be very clever to be able to sing opera in another
language. The CDs Meowmie is listening to are in Italian. She doesn't
understand
a word of it. Don't know why she listens to that stuff.
She has started singing some hymns in the mornings. My Meowmie doesn't sing
well. I rather she plays the piano. At least when the piano is not out of
tune, it
sounds better than her singing. But for some reasons she hasn't touched the
piano for ages. I dreaded the day when a piano tuner shows up at the door.
Piano tuning is the worst for my ears.

Rusty

oups.com...

Old March 28th 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Dats furry tru Rusty, Piano tuning is powerful bad. But meowmie had
to sell her pianobox when we moofed to dis small compartment. We dont
miss it, butted she duz. Callisto

Old March 28th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

"dsh-diva" wrote in message
ups.com...
Dats furry tru Rusty, Piano tuning is powerful bad. But meowmie had
to sell her pianobox when we moofed to dis small compartment. We dont
miss it, butted she duz. Callisto

Meowmie can sympathize with your meowmie missing her piano.
Meomie loves to play the piano since she was a kitten. Before she moved
here,
she made sure this place is big enough for a piano. In her last compartment,
she put the piano in the dining room and the dinner table in the kitchen.
The piano tuner told her to get a baby grand. But then there will be little
room
left to move around in the living room. Meowmie loves to have a grand piano
but she
doesn't have the toona for it. Said she wishes she bought a Yamaha.
The piano she has now may be liddle but can be quite loud and Meowmie
is not even a strong piano player.
Back when she was taking piano lessons, she used to get complaints from the
neighbours as she often practised for hours. Good thing I wasn't around
then.
Scales are not my cup of catnip.

Rusty

Old March 28th 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

My patroness says that I'm a castrato, and that's why I still squeek in
a kitten-soprano. She, on the other paw, carries a little purse that
says "D is for Diva..." and feels upset when people think she just
means "a woman with attitude" and not "a female singer with attitude".
She doesn't really qualify as a diva, though, since she's an alto and
rarely sings solos. Attitude, however - that she does have...

Our house was advertized as having a "grand piano sized living room",
but we've only got an electronic keyboard over in the corner, and it
only gets used when she needs to work on the music her choir is
singing. Ever heard the alto part - alone - of a piece of
late-20th-century choral music? My advice is to run and hide under the
furthest bed...

-- Montgomery Gawain FitzThomas (who has been known to play the piano
himself, if she forgets to close the cover over the keyboard...)

Old March 28th 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

"Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote in message
news

Miao!

My hooman likes dat stuff he lykes Eye-talian opera an hiz fafforite
iz Bellini's La Sonnambula. He also lykes der Fledermaus, or az owr
Rebecca cawlz it "Defaltor Mouse"!

He haz bibbig tawkin-bokses (speakers) dat are almos az tall as he
iz, and I likes to take a nap on top ov dem an feel da moosik in my
belly furz

Meomie just uses a portable boombox to play the opera CDs. I don't
go near it. But I like to sit under the piano bench.
Right now Meowmie is listening to La Traviata and Barber of Seville.
She like the selections she heard from these when she watched the figure
skating
competition last week.
She is going to get Aida and La Boheme from the library. Too cheap to
buy the CDs I guess.

Rusty

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
3/28/2006 1:28:22 PM
anais_737+at+verizon+dot+net

Old March 28th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

"Cheryl Perkins" wrote in message
dsh-diva wrote:

That is furry impurressive. Meomie lykes lite opurra lyke Gilbert anna
Sullivan an if finkin bout eggspandin hur meowsikal horizons. She sings
wiffa furry ammachure choirs, thu kind they calls 'come all ye' choirs, an
forchunately only sings wen there iz othurs hoo sings louder than hur. So
she duznt sing atta home, altho she plays mewsic allot.

Meowmie likes Gilbert anna Sullivan too. She went to see a few of those
shows.
Isn't there one in which there are 2 cats named Koko and Yum Yum?
But she has never been to see any heavy and serious classical operas.
Meowmie used to sing in the church choir but gave up when she found she
can't
hit many of the notes for second soprano but can't sing alto either.

Rusty

I has a much beddur voice than hur enyway. She has offin commented on myne
magnifisent voice wich is bof quite loud an kin go up an down allot.

Mandy (nevvur modest)