OT Annie (d-thing) is going nuts

Old August 6th 08, 02:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Default OT Annie (d-thing) is going nuts

There must be lots of bunnies in the back yard as Annie is on the back
porch squealing, whining and barking at them. Then she comes to me and
gives me the “Timmy fell down the well (again)” look because she wants
so bad to go chase them. I prefer not to let her – at least not unless
bunnies are already on their way out of the yard due to me knocking on a
window or opening the door.

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old August 6th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=`

"Magic Mood Jeep ©"
There must be lots of bunnies in the back yard as Annie is on the back
porch squealing, whining and barking at them. Then she comes to me and
gives me the “Timmy fell down the well (again)” look because she wants so
bad to go chase them. I prefer not to let her – at least not unless
bunnies are already on their way out of the yard due to me knocking on a
window or opening the door.

LOL, Annie sounds so funny
'Now' I understand your signature
Kyla ^..^

Old August 7th 08, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Magic Mood Jeep ©" wrote in message
There must be lots of bunnies in the back yard as Annie is on the back
porch squealing, whining and barking at them. Then she comes to me and
gives me the “Timmy fell down the well (again)” look because she wants so
bad to go chase them. I prefer not to let her – at least not unless
bunnies are already on their way out of the yard due to me knocking on a
window or opening the door.

LOL Annie is a smart girl. So is the canine Annie. :-)

Pam S.

Old August 7th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

tanadashoes wrote:
"Magic Mood Jeep ©" wrote in message
There must be lots of bunnies in the back yard as Annie is on the back
porch squealing, whining and barking at them. Then she comes to me and
gives me the “Timmy fell down the well (again)” look because she wants so
bad to go chase them. I prefer not to let her – at least not unless
bunnies are already on their way out of the yard due to me knocking on a
window or opening the door.

LOL Annie is a smart girl. So is the canine Annie. :-)

Pam S.

The problem is, the bunnies are not used to running from us (at least
the older ones aren't, the younger ones still have the flight instinct
kick in pretty quick....)

Until January, we had an older dog that basically just hobbled around -
sometimes he could hobble rather quickly, but still, it was still
hobbling. Bunnies got used to us not chasing them (one actually let me
get withing 6 feet of it, and calmly hopped a few more feet away). After
he passed, we got another dog from our local shelter. A much younger
dog. She's got some sight-hound in her (whippet, or greyhound), and she
loves to run. Fast. Very Fast. Can't see her feet when she's at top
speed, just a black ball hovering about a foot above the ground, zooming
around the yard, ears (and tongue) flapping in the wind.

Bunnies get quite a shock when we come out and *SURPRISE*!!! Something
is chasing them!

I've tried to not let Annie go after them, but since the bunnies are
acclimated to us, we have to go outside and chase them away ourselves -
which is not an easy thing to do when there's a dog trying to get out
the door the same time you are, and you don't want the dog out.

It's kind of comical when Annie needs to go out for restroom duties and
finds something to chase en-route. Ever watch a dog try to squat to pee
and chase a rabbit or a squirrel (or Frank, our neighbors cat, that we
thought was Betty or Weeble first time we saw him - we had to do a
black-cat-count inside to make sure!)at the same time. You can almost
see the wheels turning in her doggie-brain...."Chase?... Pee?...
Chase?... Pee?.... Chase some.....start chase sequence Whoop, gotta
pee NOW!!! apply brakes (luckily they are the anti-lock type, so she
rarely skids), squat, pee some Wait... Whazzat? Nudder Skwerl???...
Chase??? Finish pee?...." It's even more comical when she has to poop,
as her position when pooping is, awkward, to say the least. Her legs
are sooo long, and she balances on her front legs, lowers her back end,
and hikes her back legs forward and out and they barely touch the
ground, just enough for balance control - they almost look like wings -
as if there's a flightless chicken in our yard flapping it's wings,
especially if she in one of her chase-or-potty quandaries, because
sometimes she's still moving AS she poops...

Old August 7th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Aug 6, 5:16*pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
"Magic Mood Jeep ©" wrote in ...

There must be lots of bunnies in the back yard as Annie is on the back
porch squealing, whining and barking at them. *Then she comes to me and
gives me the “Timmy fell down the well (again)” look because she wants so
bad to go chase them. *I prefer not to let her – at least not unless
bunnies are already on their way out of the yard due to me knocking on a
window or opening the door.

LOL *Annie is a smart girl.

peeks in, looks around

Where *is* that other Annie?

ducks back out

*So is the canine Annie. *:-)

Pam S.

Old August 7th 08, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

tanadashoes wrote:
[...]

She sounds like a lot of fun. Kayla is easily distracted too. With
her its any form of a ball. More important than treats certainly. Or
us or the cats, etc. This dog loves her food, but will abandon her
bowl in mid breakfast if there might remotely be a ball involved.

I think we have squirrels moving into the neighborhood. It will keep
her entertained, but I sure don't want her catching them.

Jo

Old August 7th 08, 04:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Magic Mood Jeep © wrote:

[...]

ROFL! Try to get some video of this, will you?

Old August 7th 08, 05:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

[...]

Oh BOG. That is funny. I wonder if our owners laugh at us as much as we
laugh at them.

Old August 7th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
On Aug 6, 5:16 pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
"Magic Mood Jeep ©" wrote in

There must be lots of bunnies in the back yard as Annie is on the back
porch squealing, whining and barking at them. Then she comes to me and
gives me the “Timmy fell down the well (again)” look because she wants
so
bad to go chase them. I prefer not to let her – at least not unless
bunnies are already on their way out of the yard due to me knocking on a
window or opening the door.

LOL Annie is a smart girl.

peeks in, looks around

Where *is* that other Annie?

ducks back out

So is the canine Annie. :-)

Ok, silly as well as smart.

Pam S

Female cat gone nuts Tim J. Cat health & behaviour 16 January 17th 08 09:45 PM
they're driving me nuts! ensoul Cat health & behaviour 4 December 8th 07 03:38 AM
DO I hunker down or go nuts Matthew Cat anecdotes 1 June 10th 06 07:04 PM
Abelard going nuts Pat Cat anecdotes 2 June 9th 06 04:34 PM
Persia goes nuts (again) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 13 January 28th 05 11:47 PM