Mischief / Kristie thanks

Old September 17th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Tish

Default Mischief / Kristie thanks

Thanks to Mischief posting the (funny) pics of Mohican Kitty, I was
prompted to remind my father to get Potjie/Jet shaved for summer. He
kept his belly-full of fur for the colder weather, but now that it is
spring and starting to warm up, Potjie needs his air-conditioning put
in place (i.e. his belly shaved). We first met him in February, which
is very hot in this part of the world (Sydney, Australia) and he was
*very* uncomfortable in the heat. Having his belly shaved made a HUGE
difference to how he felt and although it looked funny at first, it
very quickly became accepted.

So, thanks Kristie!

Tish

PS. Potjie is starting to resemble his name (little round pot) to the
extent that my father is starting to limit his food - much to Potjie's
disgust! Potjie and the d*g Shima-Inu are the light of my father's
life and keep him entertained for hours. A very happy match.

Old September 17th 06, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2006-09-16 18:00:43 -0500, Tish said:

[...]

Good to hear a Potjie and Dad update!

Old September 17th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Tish wrote:
Thanks to Mischief posting the (funny) pics of Mohican Kitty, I was
prompted to remind my father to get Potjie/Jet shaved for summer. He
kept his belly-full of fur for the colder weather, but now that it is
spring and starting to warm up, Potjie needs his air-conditioning put
in place (i.e. his belly shaved). We first met him in February, which
is very hot in this part of the world (Sydney, Australia) and he was
*very* uncomfortable in the heat. Having his belly shaved made a HUGE
difference to how he felt and although it looked funny at first, it
very quickly became accepted.

So, thanks Kristie!

Tish

After Cherokee got old, we regularly shaved his belly, up the back legs
and around the bottom. It *did* look funny at first, but we got used to
it. He *was* happier. I think cats just really like to be clean; it's
important to them. He was so old he couln't groom his bottom anymore.
In the hot summertime he used to lie in the bath tub. I guess it felt
good against his bare little pink belly.
Sherry

Old September 17th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief

hehehe no problem.

Cats with really thick and long hair like that should get their bellies
shaved every once in a while. I bet it feels a lot cooler too.

At one of my last clinics we used to also do a litle "trim" at their
little 'area' to help prevent poop from getting stuck back there. We
called it a 'runway shave'

I don't know if we do that at this clinic, since i have practically
nothing to do with the grooming. We have kennel duty workers that
handle all of that. And I love it too, cause when i worked at the one
clinic I did a TON of grooming and was concerned that i was nothing
more than a glorified groomer. But here I've doing nothing but tech
work and I'm being able to learn to do things that I never was allowed
to do at the other clinics.

Now I might shave Mayhem once i qualify for an employee discount and
also bring in the cats to be bathed regularly, just cause it will help
cut back on the dander, which will totally help my allergies, even
though they aren't so bad.

But congrats that the kitty got a haircut.

Kristi

Old September 17th 06, 06:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Tish wrote:

PS. Potjie is starting to resemble his name (little round pot) to the
extent that my father is starting to limit his food - much to Potjie's
disgust! Potjie and the d*g Shima-Inu are the light of my father's
life and keep him entertained for hours. A very happy match.

And thank you, Tish , for teaching me a new word. I recently heard a
potjie mentioned on TV, and would not have known what it was if it
wasn't for you. ;o)