We Iz Cross with Meowmie!

Old July 11th 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

Default We Iz Cross with Meowmie!

Today, she stuffed us in those nasty boxes, and put us in the noisy
rolling box. But that's only the START of the problums! When we got to
TED's office, we wuz poked about with thermometers and needles and TED
sez we has to have our teef cleaned. Then he told Meowmie we haz to
eat a diffrunt dye-et to keep our teef cleaner. One of them stuck
something down my eer and swabbed out some gunks, and bof Mama and I
had to have blood drawn because we hasta be anna-testized for
somefing next week. And it wasn't even da SAME Vet we'ze used to!
Evidently he is retired, whatever that meens. Survs Meowmie rite if it
cost her a bundle to make us mizzerable!

When we gots home again and were let out, we ran and hid. I hid
unner da bed covers, but that was too hot for long. Mama hid in da
closet, and she ain't out yet. But then she complaned all the way
there and all the way back, telling Meowmie exactly what we thot of
her!

Nina

Melissa speaking, from my spot in the naughty corner. Yes, it was the
annual Well-pet vet visit, today. My conscience is clear, although
I'm wincing a bit at the bill. ($500.00 when I was expecting something
more like $150.00. I'm also wincing at the prospect of having them
both anesthetized for teeth cleaning.) Dr. Mell, the vet I'd been
taking the cats to see for the last four years retired last year, and
his practice was sold to a new, three-vet practice.On the plus side,
Dr. Shapiro is the girl's new vet, and I like him. He has a pleasant
manner and I liked the gentle but expert way he handled the cats, and
he paid close attention to them both. He gave me some ointment to put
in Nina's left ear which has a slight infection and said except for
the teeth cleaning and the ear, that the girls were perfect. Although
now of course, they have to be on presscription dry food. Just after
I did a major cat food run this week, of course.

Nina put up a tremendous fight about getting into her carrier,
although I was successful after four tries. (And had fortunately had
the sense to close my bedroom door so she couldn't hid under the
bed.)Francesca complained lustily all the way to the vet's office and
all the way home. After I let them out, they both raced into the
bedroom to hide. Francesca to the closet and Nina to her "secure"
spot under my comforter. Evidently, indignation is very uncomfortable
in hot weather, as she's now out from under it, again. =o)

Melissa
Old July 13th 08, 06:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2008-07-11 15:02:29 -0500, Shiral said:

[...]

Wow. I have to ask what is done on a Well pet visit that costs that
much! I'm gad they are great though. I question any reason to put them
on dry. But that is me. I always have to point out
http://www.catinfo.org. More vets are coming around to canned only but
usually it takes a problem like diabetes or IBD for them to get there.

Old July 16th 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Shiral wrote:
Today, she stuffed us in those nasty boxes, and put us in the noisy
rolling box. But that's only the START of the problums! When we got to
TED's office, we wuz poked about with thermometers and needles and TED
sez we has to have our teef cleaned. snip

Lots of purrs,
POlonca and Soncek