Ping Karen / Medical advice: Benefiber and Guar Gum

Old April 20th 06, 06:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Ping Karen / Medical advice: Benefiber and Guar Gum

In message , Howard C. Berkowitz
writes

Growing up, I had a miniature dachshund, born without testicles so
always at puppy size, who delighted in eating the indigestible. One
day, we came home to find him developing significant aft thrust, while
rolling his eyes like a slot machine after the handle is pulled.

Rushing him to the vet, no one could figure out exactly what was wrong,
but he started to perk up. The next day, we found the jar he had
emptied.

A pound of Vaseline is an excessive self-administered dose for a
four-pound dog.

Reading that, I couldn't help thinking of David Yehudah .... anyone know
how Patty is doing?
--
Cathi

Old April 20th 06, 01:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Cathi" wrote in message
In message , Howard C. Berkowitz
writes

Growing up, I had a miniature dachshund, born without testicles so
always at puppy size, who delighted in eating the indigestible. One
day, we came home to find him developing significant aft thrust, while
rolling his eyes like a slot machine after the handle is pulled.

Rushing him to the vet, no one could figure out exactly what was wrong,
but he started to perk up. The next day, we found the jar he had
emptied.

A pound of Vaseline is an excessive self-administered dose for a
four-pound dog.

Reading that, I couldn't help thinking of David Yehudah .... anyone know
how Patty is doing?

She sent this back in September '05:

Hi Y'all,
Patty here to share the latest news update from yours truly. I am now Mrs.
Miguel Lara. I was married on August 9 at 9:00 p.m. dressed all in black, as
was the groom, and in a helicopter over the Las Vegas strip. This is how the
story began and came to this happy ending:

I asked David to find someone who would love and care for me as he had
through the years. It was the only request I had given him over the years
should he feel the failing of his health, and was the only thing he never
did for me before he passed. I assumed that was the end of it, but boy was I
mistaken!

A year ago last June, David and I were to attend a dance being held at the
stables where I keep Sneakers, my Tennessee Walker. That was the day David
ran his Kawaski 1500 into the side of a car he didn't see coming. Needless
to say, he was too sore to attend the dance that night. I told him not to
worry, we could go next year. I wasn't aware of the time schedule that
someone higher up had planned for him. When I saw the announcement that the
dance would be the evening of June 4th, I decided to attend and visit with
the friends I had made during the past year. (David was there watching over
me and keeping the request I had made.)

Miguel was working as a favor to a friend, providing security for the dance
that night. I did not see him but did meet his partner and friend. However,
Miguel did see me and kept a watchful eye on me the rest of the evening. He
passed behind me several times making trips to the coffee pot but I still
did not see him. Later as I made an escape from a gentleman discussing
politics and religion with me (and something I will not persue due to my
personal religion and views on politics) I came face to face with Miguel in
absolute darkness, we were about one foot apart. I sensed his presences and
spoke to him and he responded back. We talked for a few minutes and
exchanged phone numbers then I returned to the dance. Later after helping
clean up the area after the dance I walked back to the spot I had left him.
He was still there. I asked him if he would like to meet me at a Denny's two
miles down the road for a cup of coffee, because I was not ready to go home
yet. I still did not know what he looked like and he said yes.

I was very pleased with what I saw when I saw him clearly for the first
time. We sat and talked until 6:30 a.m. when he said he had to leave to get
ready to play baseball. BUT HE DID ASK ME TO MARRY HIM BEFORE WE PARTED. I
just gave him a smile and a kiss. I knew my answer but wanted to wait a bit
before giving him my answer. Later that week I gave him my answer YES!

During the following week I loaned him my car while his was being serviced.
He called me some time later and asked me if he was driving David's car and
I told him no it was my car. He responded that there was a strong presence
in the car. I asked if it was a positive or negative feeling and his
response was positive. I then explained that David had picked that car to
keep me safe driving to work every day and that I had asked him to find
someone special for me so that Miguel was the cumulation of all the things
that I had asked for and David approved of him. We are extremely happy and I
have gone from 230 pounds to 165 pounds.

I would like you to share this letter with the group and I will write again
soon.
Patty

And this in January '06:

I would have loved to participate in the card exchange had I gotten the
message sooner, but I have been off line for the last three months and just
got it back today. Would the group be interested in receiving and exchanging
valentine cards this year?

Our mailing address is XXXXXXXXXX, CA [address was in original e-mail]

I am writing only briefly tonight because my horse tossed me over his left
shoulder on Dec. 26, and it took forever for me to reach the ground because
he is so tall(16.3 hands) and I am only 5'3". I broke the same finger for
the third time in 12 months and dislocated the thumb, both on my right hand.
Miguel is roaming about the house mumbling something zbout dog food and glue
factories everytime he sees the braces on the injured areas:0!

When my hand has recovered so typing is not so laborous, I have some new
tales to share with y'all. Please be sure to give any new members the heads
up for the beverage warning because you will need them.

I am so glad to be back. Please pass this to the other members for me.
Love,
Patty

P.S. January 12 will be the first anniversity of David's passing. Take a few
minutes to read your favorite story that he wrote and send him a "well done
dear friend".

She still uses Daves old e-mail addy... I'll pass it on privately if anyone
wants it.

I should write her again.

Yowie

Old April 20th 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yowie wrote:
"Cathi" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you so much for posting that, it's good to know Patty's doing so well.
I'd heard she remarried but didn't know the details. I hope she does start
posting here, it would be nice to know how the 'hairy varmit criiters' are
doing.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old April 21st 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-19, Howard C. Berkowitz penned:
A pound of Vaseline is an excessive self-administered dose for a
four-pound dog.

Probably excessive for creatures of about any size.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully