Soooo Appreciative of Persia!

Old April 20th 14, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Soooo Appreciative of Persia!

I spent the good part of a dull, rainy afternoon on Saturday watching
excerpts from 'My Cat From Hell' on Animal Planet.

I thank my lucky stars when Persia demanded I let her inside she didn't
turn out to be a hellion!

If you've never seen or heard of the show, here's the first episode from
the first season on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNXBQWYd5w4

I'm very, very lucky. Persia has always been a sweet, gentle cat.
Well, okay... she once grabbed my arm with her front paws and
bunny-kicked the heck out of me with her rear claws.

It was my fault. We were sleeping and she was comfy, on her back. I
was only half awake and reached out and started petting her. She was
startled... so she attacked. That was the only time.

I can't imagine dealing with the sorts of issues I see on the show. I'd
never had a cat before Persia. But even *I* knew she needed her own
little cat tree and space. IMHO, Jackson Galaxy has an amazing
understanding of cats.

Jill
Old April 21st 14, 05:24 AM
GRoberts99 GRoberts99 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcquown[_2_] View Post
[...]

You're lucking having Persia. It's quite difficult how to handle this kind of cats featured in this show. It's good you didn't have to go through all the turmoil with Persia. Worth appreciating!
Old April 21st 14, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 4/20/2014 3:04 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
I spent the good part of a dull, rainy afternoon on Saturday watching
excerpts from 'My Cat From Hell' on Animal Planet.

I thank my lucky stars when Persia demanded I let her inside she didn't
turn out to be a hellion!

If you've never seen or heard of the show, here's the first episode from
the first season on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNXBQWYd5w4

I'm very, very lucky. Persia has always been a sweet, gentle cat.
Well, okay... she once grabbed my arm with her front paws and
bunny-kicked the heck out of me with her rear claws.

(snipped self)
I can't imagine dealing with the sorts of issues I see on the show. I'd
never had a cat before Persia. But even *I* knew she needed her own
little cat tree and space. IMHO, Jackson Galaxy has an amazing
understanding of cats.

Jill

They were talking about this programme at work but I haven't seen it yet.
I think I saw a previous series or at least something along the same lines.

There are plenty of episodes of the show on Youtube. It's quite
entertaining.

The guy (Jackson Galaxy) is a rather unlikely "cat whisperer". He has
no formal training. He'd never even had a cat. He volunteered at a
shelter and found he had a natural affinity for reading cats body
language. I saw an interview where he said the shelter started sending
him out when people called wanting to return adopted cats. He observes,
educates the guardians (I love that he doesn't call us owners) about
their behaviour in relation to the cat(s).

Sootie likes to lie on her back and hold my wrist with her front paws
while bunny kicking my arm with her back legs. She never leaves a scratch
she's so gentle. DH is always amazed when he sees her do it that my arm
isn't bleeding afterwards. when we play rough, she bites my hands and
appears to scratch me but but I rarely have any marks, only if I pull my
hand away and she's not expecting it, it catches her out.

Sootie knows you love her so she's just playing with you. Persia gives
me gentle little bites but she never breaks the skin. You know how she
likes to tap my nose with her paw? The other day she bit my nose! But
very gently. She also sometimes decides to comb my bangs with her
teeth. Things that make you say "Awwww!"

Who knows why some cats strike out? Jackson Galaxy apparently does.

To have an understanding of any animal is amazing but of cats it really is
something.

Judith

John complains his cat Precious sometimes bites his hand. I've seen him
with Persia (not with Precious). He tends to pet her a little more
enthusiastically than I do. Persia doesn't bite him but she won't just
run over and say hi to him, either. I suspect he's over-stimulating
Precious. She's telling him enough is enough.

Jill