Boyfriend's injury solved

Old May 4th 14, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfriend's injury solved

Right down my garden, where I rarely go (but did recently, trying to get my
walking on track) I found a gap in the fence and a broken pane of glass
with a sharp point on it propped up against it. It was at exactly the
height to cause his injury if he squeezed through. I've removed it so now
have no worries it will happen again.

I don't know how it got there, it might have been there for years as I know
my previous neighbours never went that far down the 150 yard garden and my
new ones (those with the Jack Russell) are so horrified at the size of it
that they have fenced off the first 50 yards and abandoned the rest so I
have no concerns that it was a deliberate act by anyone.
I feel relieved that I've got to the bottom of what caused Boyfie's
life-threatening injury. He is absolutely fine except his fur where it was
shaved has not grown back except for a few guard hairs. June says it won't
until he moults into his winter coat again. It looks like she might be
right. He looks awful as he was shaved one side right up to his back.
Anyone any experience of having a short haired cat shaved to the skin and
how long it took to grow back?
He's still beautiful to me, anyway :-)

Tweed

Old May 5th 14, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/4/2014 7:34 PM, The Other Guy wrote:
On Sun, 4 May 2014 23:53:07 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Right down my garden, where I rarely go (but did recently, trying to get my
walking on track) I found a gap in the fence and a broken pane of glass
with a sharp point on it propped up against it. It was at exactly the
height to cause his injury if he squeezed through. I've removed it so now
have no worries it will happen again.

It's good to know you found it, BUT..

ARE you really ready for gardening??

She said she was walking (which, given her injuries is a remarkably good
thing) and found the glass in the garden. She didn't say she was
"gardening".

Jill
Old May 5th 14, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

wrote:
Right down my garden, where I rarely go (but did recently, trying to get my
walking on track) I found a gap in the fence and a broken pane of glass
with a sharp point on it propped up against it. It was at exactly the
height to cause his injury if he squeezed through. I've removed it so now
have no worries it will happen again.

It makes me feel ill just thinking about it, but something like this was
about the most plausible explanation I could come up with. I'm so glad you
found and removed it. Glass panes pretty much last forever - let's all be
careful!
Old May 5th 14, 04:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:
Right down my garden, where I rarely go (but did recently, trying to get my
walking on track) I found a gap in the fence and a broken pane of glass
with a sharp point on it propped up against it. It was at exactly the
height to cause his injury if he squeezed through. I've removed it so now
have no worries it will happen again.

It makes me feel ill just thinking about it, but something like this was
about the most plausible explanation I could come up with. I'm so glad you
found and removed it. Glass panes pretty much last forever - let's all be
careful!

That is a relief. I could never figure out what had done all that
damage.
Old May 5th 14, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

aw, glad you found it! Could have injured some other animals also.
Bast works in mysterious ways. Glad to hear he is doing well except
for the hair growth. However, as you said, he is still beautiful.

Lily & her mama

Old May 5th 14, 06:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

[...]

~~~~~~~~
This is great news--great that you found (and eliminated) the source of
Boyfie's injury and great that you are able to walk in your garden again.
Concerning your question about regrowth of cat fur: I think June is
correct. Holly was not a true short-haired cat. Her fur was a bit longer
than a short-haired cat, and it was very plush. However, she grew only a
soft covering of fur after she was shaved until winter arrived. Then her
beautiful fur returned, and I could not even see where she had been shaved
or where the surgery was.

I'm so glad you feel able to communicate with us again. You have been
greatly missed.

MaryL

Old May 5th 14, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

wrote:

Right down my garden, where I rarely go (but did recently, trying to
get my
walking on track) I found a gap in the fence and a broken pane of glass
with a sharp point on it propped up against it. It was at exactly the
height to cause his injury if he squeezed through. I've removed it
so now
have no worries it will happen again.

It's good to know you found it, BUT..

ARE you really ready for gardening??

She said she was walking (which, given her injuries is a remarkably good
thing) and found the glass in the garden. She didn't say she was
"gardening".

Jill

Remember, in the UK, a "garden" can simply be USAIN for "yard" - not
necessarily meaning even a lawn.

Old May 12th 14, 09:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message
that you are able to walk in your garden again.
Concerning your question about regrowth of cat fur: I think June is
correct. Holly was not a true short-haired cat. Her fur was a bit longer
than a short-haired cat, and it was very plush. However, she grew only a
soft covering of fur after she was shaved until winter arrived. Then her
beautiful fur returned, and I could not even see where she had been shaved
or where the surgery was.

Thanks. June is usually right; she has an incredible knowledge of all
animals and is able to handle even the most difficult or aggressive. I
regularly used to ask her to help me with KFC if she needed claw clipping or
grooming.
I'm so glad you feel able to communicate with us again. You have been
greatly missed.

It's very kind of you to say so.