Planted a Kitty Garden

Old July 25th 15, 02:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Planted a Kitty Garden

Who says cats don't eat greens?

I bought one of these for Persia years ago:

http://www.chewy.com/cat/smartcat-ki...arden/dp/49067

Persia loved munching on the fresh grass. She preferred the barley
grass but also liked the wheat and oat grass. Rye came in fourth.

I still had a refill kit so I on a whim I grew some greens for Buffy. I
anticipated she'd like them so I ordered another refill kit before the
seeds had even sprouted.

Yep, Buffy loves her kitty garden, too! It's almost time to plant the
next one. I should have ordered a few more refill kits. Hindsight is
20/20.

Jill
Old July 25th 15, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mike Mayers

You can buy oat grass seeds at a feed store for about $10 for a bag of 50 pounds.
Old July 25th 15, 04:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 7/25/2015 10:49 AM, Mike Mayers wrote:
You can buy oat grass seeds at a feed store for about $10 for a bag of 50 pounds.

Even if there was a feed store nearby, what would I do with 50 lbs. of
oat grass? I realize you probably don't know this, Mike. I live on an
island with a golf course right behind my house. I can't exactly plow
and plant the back 40.

And, while I like to be optimistic, I don't think Buffy would live long
enough to eat 50 lbs. of sprouted oat grass. That's a lot of grass seed!

Jill