The benefit of speaking feline

Old September 7th 03, 08:52 PM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

Default The benefit of speaking feline

Hehehe...

Earlier this evening Vernon & I went to the home of a young lad in the same
cycle club we are in. This weekend coming it's the national finals of a cycling
competition and he & Nathan are in it. We are taking both down there. So we
went off to this young lad's home tonight to check his bike fits okay on the
bike carrier attached to the rear of our car. It does :-)

Anyhow, whilst there, one of the lad's neighbours is also in the same cycling
club. He came out for a chat - accompanied by one of his four cats, a tortie
lady. 'Natch I introduced myself to said feline - in feline a sort of
"puurrrr-meow!" with eyes half-closed and a yawn, followed by
"Purrrrrrrrr....." from me. Said feline (human name "Bubbles") responded with a
"Meow!" and a "Purrrmeeep!" So I bent down and tickled her ears, with a
"Purrrrmeep!" back from me. Said feline then allowed me to pick her up, touch
noses with her and we communed with purrs. She then washed my fingers for me.

All of this went on with much bemused looks from the human males surrounding
us, especially the human of the cat and the young lad (who often looks after
said cats when the humans are on holiday). The lad said to me, "Blimey, she's
not like that with most people." To which I repsonded, "Ah yes, but I speak cat
and I know my place as an inferior life form."

I do believe the humans then started whispering about men in white coats,
medication and rooms with padded walls ;-)

The cat and I just got on with smurgling :-)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
This is sent from a redundant email
Mail sent to it is dumped
My correct one can be gleaned from
h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~
Old September 7th 03, 09:34 PM
OU812?

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
[...]

I do the same thing and find most strange cats respond quite well to me too.
I also admit to getting some funny looks from folks who see me doing it.
Bahh.. who cares what they think.. its the cats that matter!!!

Kristy
--
The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight,
because by then your body and your fat are really good friends.

Old September 7th 03, 09:59 PM
polonca12000

Awww, that's wonderful. I wish I were there.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" wrote in message
Hehehe...

Earlier this evening Vernon & I went to the home of a young lad in the

same
cycle club we are in. snip

Old September 8th 03, 05:33 AM
Marina

"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" wrote

Anyhow, whilst there, one of the lad's neighbours is also in the same

cycling
club. He came out for a chat - accompanied by one of his four cats, a

tortie
lady. 'Natch I introduced myself to said feline - in feline a sort of
"puurrrr-meow!" with eyes half-closed and a yawn, followed by
"Purrrrrrrrr....." from me. Said feline (human name "Bubbles") responded

with a
"Meow!" and a "Purrrmeeep!" So I bent down and tickled her ears, with a
"Purrrrmeep!" back from me. Said feline then allowed me to pick her up,

touch
noses with her and we communed with purrs. She then washed my fingers for

me.

LOL! Well done, Helen!

--
Marina

Old September 8th 03, 05:10 PM
L. Kelly

"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" wrote in message
| Hehehe...
|
| Earlier this evening Vernon & I went to the home of a young lad in the same
| cycle club we are in. This weekend coming it's the national finals of a cycling
| competition and he & Nathan are in it. We are taking both down there. So we
| went off to this young lad's home tonight to check his bike fits okay on the
| bike carrier attached to the rear of our car. It does :-)
|
| Anyhow, whilst there, one of the lad's neighbours is also in the same cycling
| club. He came out for a chat - accompanied by one of his four cats, a tortie
| lady. 'Natch I introduced myself to said feline - in feline a sort of
| "puurrrr-meow!" with eyes half-closed and a yawn, followed by
| "Purrrrrrrrr....." from me. Said feline (human name "Bubbles") responded with a
| "Meow!" and a "Purrrmeeep!" So I bent down and tickled her ears, with a
| "Purrrrmeep!" back from me. Said feline then allowed me to pick her up, touch
| noses with her and we communed with purrs. She then washed my fingers for me.
|
| All of this went on with much bemused looks from the human males surrounding
| us, especially the human of the cat and the young lad (who often looks after
| said cats when the humans are on holiday). The lad said to me, "Blimey, she's
| not like that with most people." To which I repsonded, "Ah yes, but I speak cat
| and I know my place as an inferior life form."
|
| I do believe the humans then started whispering about men in white coats,
| medication and rooms with padded walls ;-)
|
| The cat and I just got on with smurgling :-)
|
| Cheers, helen s
|

| ~~~~~~~~~~
| This is sent from a redundant email
| Mail sent to it is dumped
| My correct one can be gleaned from
| h*$el***$$n*$d$ot$**s**i$$m*$m$**on**$s$@*$$a**$*o l*$*.*$$c$om*$
| by getting rid of the overdependence on money and fame
| ~~~~~~~~~~

Very cute story!

I do this with my friend's cat. This cat has a very badly frost-bitten ear tip which is,
of course, very sensitive. He won't let anyone touch it...not even my friend or the vet.
I talked to him for a few minutes, then reached over and began stroking the sore spot on
his ear. He immediately started purring and went to sleep. I stroked his sore ear for
over half an hour, with my friend looking on in amazement. He goes on about that every
time I see him. :-)
--
Hugs,
Lynn

*strip CLOTHES to reply*
Homepage:
http://members.shaw.ca/sewfinefashions/
See my boys: http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/papavince_29/

Old September 9th 03, 01:42 AM
catsruleok

[...]

snip

Helen, perhaps she considers you to be not an inferior life form but rather the strangest-looking
feline she's ever encountered :^))

BTW, your lovely story reminded me of the conversations I used to have with my first Siamese, Suki.
We had to converse in meow because my purrs were unintelligible to her :^). If I meowed softly,
Suki would meow softly back. If I meowed loudly, she would meow loudly. If I allowed my meows to
crescendo and diminuendo, Suki would copy what I was doing. I often taped these conversations and
whenever I played them back to Suki, she would immediately run over to the tape recorder and
imitate the voices she heard. To this day, we have never again had the pleasure of the company
of such a strange cat :^))

Sheenah

Old September 9th 03, 06:08 AM
wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX

Helen, perhaps she considers you to be not an inferior life form but rather
the strangest-looking
feline she's ever encountered :^))

In which case, she was probably just feeling sorry for me ;-)

Cheers, helen s