An idea for a mass purr day

Old September 7th 04, 01:55 AM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", Dan M
artfully composed this message within
on 06 Sep 2004:

Actually I was thinking of this group purr idea as a supplement
to the posted purr requests. By all means, I think everyone
NEEDS to keep posting their purr needs so we can tend to them
individually as well as on the group effort.

I'm sorry if my post sounded like I was in favor of consolidated
purrs but I am. I guess I'm just feeling left out when some of my
stories don't even rate responses other than one or two. I thought
that might be due to traffic, and if not, I feel bad now. Oh well.

--
Cheryl
Old September 7th 04, 02:01 AM
Yoj

"Dan M" wrote in message
I'm all for a group purr, but I wouldn't like it if someone who

needs
a little support from people who care about them felt that they
shouldn't post a request for purrs. I try to respond to most of

them;
I know how a little expression of caring can pick someone up. So in
brief, I'm in favor of adding the group purr, not cutting the purr
requests that are being posted.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Actually I was thinking of this group purr idea as a supplement to the
posted purr requests. By all means, I think everyone NEEDS to keep
posting their purr needs so we can tend to them individually as well

as
on the group effort.

Dan

I think it is a lovely idea! Some of us have limited time and aren't
always able to read and respond to all purr requests. In fact, there
are times when I can't read them through the tears in my eyes. A digest
with a weekly session would enable me to think of everyone who needs the
purrs and prayers on a regular basis.

BTW, you can put Skeeter and me on your list. When I wasn't able to get
on line, Yowie was good enough to post a message for me about Skeeter,
who has been diagnosed with CRF. Her numbers are quite high, and have
raised drastically in the past six months. She has also lost three
pounds in two months. I'm doing my best to keep her comfortable and do
what is right for her. I know eventually I'll have to make that hardest
decision, and I pray I'll know when that time comes. She is still able
to snuggle and purr for me, and she is eating a little (very little), so
I know that time is not yet, but I'm afraid it may be soon.

--
Joy
Owned and operated by Lindy and Skeeter

Old September 7th 04, 02:22 AM
jmcquown

Dan M wrote:
Lately it seems like a lot of us have posted important purr requests -
job and financial needs, missing kitties, health issues, etc. In fact,
it seems to me that a whole bunch of us are going through some majorly
troubling times now - more so than in the memorable past.

It seems to me that it might be a worthwhile experiment to select a
date and time (perhaps the next full moon?) when everyone who is so
inclined could, at the same time, do their thing towards addressing
the purr requests. Prayer, casting a circle, meditating, visualizing
- whatever each individual does - done as a simultaneous group
activity might be a very effective tool.

I would be willing to coordinate gathering the purr requests of those
who have issues to be purred over.

What do you all think? I realize it could be very difficult to find
one time that would work for all, since we're spread all over the
earth. Perhaps two or three distinct times, to allow participants
from all over?

I'd like to hear your evaluations of the idea.

Dan

I love the idea!!

Jill

Old September 7th 04, 04:10 AM
Tanada

Cheryl wrote:

I'm sorry if my post sounded like I was in favor of consolidated
purrs but I am. I guess I'm just feeling left out when some of my
stories don't even rate responses other than one or two. I thought
that might be due to traffic, and if not, I feel bad now. Oh well.

I wouldn't worry about it Cheryl. I've gotten used to having few
replies, or none, to my stories. Occasionally, I'll get an email saying
how much a story meant to someone and that makes it all worthwhile.

Pam S.

Old September 7th 04, 04:17 AM
Lois Reay

I think it is a great idea, count me in.

Lois
--
Burmese are like potato chips, you can't just have one.

Old September 7th 04, 06:01 AM
mlbriggs

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 03:10:09 +0000, Tanada wrote:

Cheryl wrote:

I'm sorry if my post sounded like I was in favor of consolidated
purrs but I am. I guess I'm just feeling left out when some of my
stories don't even rate responses other than one or two. I thought
that might be due to traffic, and if not, I feel bad now. Oh well.

I wouldn't worry about it Cheryl. I've gotten used to having few
replies, or none, to my stories. Occasionally, I'll get an email saying
how much a story meant to someone and that makes it all worthwhile.

Just so you know: You both have great postings. Sometimes there just
isn't enough time to answer, even though we take time to read. Keep them
up MLB

It's Back TW, Purr Request badwilson Cat anecdotes 44 August 13th 04 10:34 PM
Job Purr Request Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 54 July 1st 04 05:09 PM
Purr Chain Stacey Cat anecdotes 28 November 25th 03 01:26 AM
Purr Pad Kris Dockter Cat anecdotes 3 September 22nd 03 02:18 PM